kipper

kipper

Mar 11, 2023
Hello, first post ever here! For the past few years, I have been in recovery and got to a point I no longer felt suicidal. I have been to therapy, currently am on a balance of medication that works for me, etc.
However, with current life circumstances, I feel I may be on the verge of a relapse. I'm disabled mentally and physically to where life is difficult to navigate, but not to where I qualify for much help... Lack of support from family with them denying my disability effecting me as much as it does has been no help with getting into programs and whatnot to assist me. I'm unable to do these things myself due to my own disability holding me back, I have tried.

I find I'm unable to work more than I currently do and finding a full time job that pays well enough with benefits while being something I can also physically do has been... not so great and I'm going to be kicked off my parents insurance in two years.
I feel trapped within my own body. It's hard to not want to go back to relying on self harm and planning suicide... I don't really want to go back to how I was. I no longer can afford therapy, I hardly could in the past but due to cost of living going up, it's fully unaffordable.

Also, I rather not give much more info regarding how exactly I am disabled... I'm uncomfortable with giving more info, it's too personal. I just want to figure out how to keep grounded while I work on overcoming my current challenges.

S

SarRy

Student
Oct 5, 2022
I'm probably not the person to help much. Good for you for getting your life together as much as you have and I hope you can overcome the obstacles you face.

Is there a neighbourhood assistance program like community action or something you could contact in your area to help apply for benefits? Sometimes there are services to help you with applications.

I wish you the best.

Reactions: kipper