B

buscatchers

Apr 4, 2023
I'm on my first ever vacation with my boyfriend, and mother. We went to visit my aunt. I've never felt this type of peace before, my boyfriend and I never had a vacation before and normally we are working/stressed/worried about money. I've yet to move out because of my family's culture.

I've let people convince me that moving out is possible, and I just realized it isn't. One post will barely scratch the surface on how fucked up my family is, but I'll try to explain what happened today.

I've a codependent relationship with my mother, I've always been the one that took care of her ever since I could remember. She's very immature and Can never be rational, she thinks with her emotions. It was very hard on her when I first started dating my boyfriend, since I finally began leaving the fucking house and spending more time with him and our friends.

She suicide baited me twice already this month, because I "don't" spend time with her. Albeit I do spend time with her, it's never enough for her. She wants me to be a child again and to be with her again. I feel like gypsy rose from the show, the act, as well as the real life case.

My boyfriend and I were having breakfast today, and we were talking to my aunt's husband. She came out of her room and she was asking me why I didn't ask about her this morning, in a sickly sweet tone. She uses that tone when there are other people around, but I knew that was the calm before the storm. She returned to her room and she texted me she knew she made me mad. I had to go talk to her to calm her down. She was crying because she missed her cat, and she was convinced that my aunt's cat was racist towards her religion, and that's why the cat won't come to her. I told her that cats are usually skittish around new people so that's why the damn thing wouldn't come near us all.

She then told me that animals can be racist, and a dog from a fucking cartoon show was being racist towards a character from the show king of the hill. I had to tell a 47 year old woman to not believe in cartoons. It's just a god damn cartoon meant for entertainment, and it is fantasy. What kind of fuckery is that?

The thing that pushed me to the edge is that she called me hot because I had my hair put up in a man bun, and she said we all looked hot. (My boyfriend, cousin, and his girlfriend.) I've never felt so embarrassed.

I realize now that I won't ever escape her, and I just want to kill myself on my 24th birthday. I May do this method that my cousin tried, something with cleaning supplies in a bucket in my vehicle.

I just wish I don't have to put my boyfriend through that. He's already had a hard life. But I'm such a coward, and a manchild. If I continue living, I'm just going to end up like my mother. No amount of therapy or medications will amount to anything.

I wish I wasn't forced to be born. I wish I was a stillborn. I wish I could give my life to someone with actual potential to do good to this dying world. I wish I didn't sound like a spoiled brat.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Praestat_Mori, exhaustedperfection and 2 others
montimoo

montimoo

May 29, 2023
:( I wish there were more I could say to help. My mother was the same and the only thing helping me was being taken away by the courts. Easiest I can say is cut her off but I understand that's easier said than done :(

garbagepunk

garbagepunk

May 21, 2023
i wish you the best of the lucks, man

voc_89

voc_89

Experienced
Apr 10, 2023
this is a tough one. The option of course that would give u the 'best result' is cutting them off. I say 'best result' as, while that will allow you to emotionally separate yourself from them and make u feel more in control of your life, you don't know how they will react or if u have the strength to push through with it (tried and stopped this about 5 times now with my dad). Maybe a curve ball you can hit them is getting an out of state/country job or 'once in a lifetime opportunity' (that is what I did so I had an excuse for the distance). You did however mention finances.... and that is always a challenge with respect to indepence. Finally, idk why they try do some weird actions when they realise the distance is coming up. Maybe desperation.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It must be really awful having to put up with someone like that, it's horrible how other people can very easily just make existing much worse. But anyway I wish you the best.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I don't even know how I'd begin to cope with someone like that. Especially if they were a close relation. I'm sorry.

I know it's personal but may I ask- is it that you do actually want to die- or- if you could free yourself from her- could/ would you give life a shot?

I wonder if there are any resources out there for your kind of situation. It's clear that you NEED to make a break from her- for your own sanity but yeah- I can see how that would be virtually impossible on your own.

It's like you BOTH need support while you break away. Do you happen to know why she has becone like that? Did her mother treat her that way do you know?

I don't know. Maybe there isn't a solution. Maybe you do really want to CTB- apologies if I read that wrong. If it's because you can't escape her shadow though- that's awful really. Understandable of course but yeah- awful- I'm sorry.