N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
My main thought was about Lil Peep so retrospectively. My first idea for the title was: "Did Lil Peep know he would die?". But I decided for a more general title.

I listen a lot to Lil Peep and Juice WRLD. Both died because of addiction. I think Lil Peep accidentaly overdosed on fentanyl and Juice WRLD on another opiate. When I read which medication and drugs were found in their body I wondered they must have known that this would be lethal one day. Both talked about it in their songs dying young not even reaching the club 27 etc. Peep spoke in an interview about sleep paralysis. Waking up in his own shit etc.. I am no expert on that but from what I have read his death was pretty predictable. His manager said he waited for the call (that he died) for quite a while before it happened.

I was really stunned how much drugs they found in Lil Peep's body. I list it and quote wikipedia.

"Medical Examiner certified his cause of death as an accidental overdose from the powerful pain medication fentanyl and the benzodiazepine Xanax, a sedative. Toxicology tests were also positive for cannabis, cocaine and the painkiller Tramadol. Urine tests also showed the presence of multiple powerful opioids, including hydrocodone, hydromorphone (marketed under the brand name Dilaudid), oxycodone and oxymorphone. There was no alcohol in his system."

I am again shocked when I read that. Personally I am very anxious and careful about addiction. But such a huge amount drugs. That is insane. In an interview he said he will probably not become old. He mentioned he almost died a couple of times. And laughed at it. I mean he must have been self-aware. In his songs he also describes his desire to die. Someone in this forum suspected his death was a suicide. Personally I don't believe that. I rather think he was probably aware that he will die young and tried to live a fast and intensive life. I have a pretty diametrical approach to life. But that is fine.

I don't think Peep was stupid. But I ask myself what people think who take such an amount of drugs about the consequences of their actions. Most likely they don't think a lot about it. But such a behavior will necessarily lead to the fact that your are in the end with your back against the wall. I know some people don't care about that. But aren't they afraid about the aftermath of addiction? What I read about benzo withdrawals sounds hellish. In fact it sounds similar to my crash from mania into depression. And this was insanely painful. And Peep wasn't addicted to one substance. Not to 2-3. It rather sounds like 10 different substances. I mean what happens if you stop taking them? I take benzos and z-medication sometimes to calm my bipolar mind. I take the smallest dosage. Still it scares the shit out of me. Because I know how powerful these substances are. I think I once read the dosage he took from a benzo. And it was an insane amount. You must know benzos build in a very short time a tolerance. So their effects vanish and you need a higher dosage to get the same effect. This is a spirale downwards that is pretty difficult to escape.

However I am no expert on it. Many rockstars take drugs. Some seemingly escape that fate. For example The Beatles. I am not sure whether their drug consumption was that excessive but I think all of them stayed healthy.

I don't know that much about Juice WRLD or Kurt Cobain. As most of us know Kurt Cobain committed suicide. There are rumors he had bipolar. In case this was true it is not unlikely drugs led to that. But I also read another theory that his stomach pain tormented him.

For me drugs sound pretty dangerous. I read how some people describe their drug trips and many things sound like schizophrenia symptoms. I don't know the proper English words. But the feeling that your self vanishes. You feel like you could communicate with other people solely with your thoughts. That your brain is connected to other brains etc. Sounds pretty dangerous for me because that can lead to schizophrenia which is a nightmarish illness.

What do you think on it?

Last edited:
Rainy_days

Rainy_days

Experienced
Dec 21, 2022
I'm guessing that there's a lot of pressure involved when you get famous, and also emotional demands being a musician who is expected to bare your soul to thousands of strangers. I was watching an interview with a musician last week and she said when she's on tour she has to be "on" and extroverted basically the whole time except when alone in hotel room. She said it was very taxing as someone who is introverted.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think a lot of them have a drive- an immense talent that they feel the need to express. The lifestyle is grueling though and- drawing in money like they do- they can end up attracting people who exploit them- like Colonel Parker did to Elvis. They likely end up relying on substances just to function in that kind of life- just to sleep and have the massive amount of energy needed to tour. Plus- if they are being prescribed these drugs, I expect they see it as safe.

It's hard to say whether they see it all coming, or whether they just get caught up in it all. It's so sad though. I watched the new film about Elvis the other day. It disgusts me that people can be exploited like that.

• Aww..
Reactions: gummycentipede