deflagrat

deflagrat

¡Si hablas español mándame un mensaje privado!
Apr 9, 2018
The main issue is that I have schizophrenia, and only 15 % of people with schizophrenia in my country are working, and from those people, only 10 - 20 % have a competitive job. It doesn't sound too good, it almost feels like I am going to end up like them.

The main reason why I want to study psychology is because I want to volunteer as a psychologist. If I have the opportunity to work for money or not, time will tell.

It's a 4 year degree, and it's free due to my partial disability (I would have to buy the books myself). Once I finish it, I will have to specialize in a specific area (probably hypnosis and therapy).

I just don't want to feel like my life was a waste and I did nothing to help other people in need. If I don't do this I think I would end up ctbing anyways. I hope I can make a difference, as tiny as it may be...

• Love
Reactions: Isisnefert, JealousOfTheElderly, Fin and 6 others
T

TheSuicidalEccentric

The universe is wonderful.
Feb 23, 2020
Seems like you have a great chance at getting that degree, especially with it being mostly free! Definitely go for it. I lost my opportunity for university four months ago (due to legal issues) and I was an honour roll student. I lost my chance. You have one and it's free! DO ITTTTTTTT

• Love
Reactions: JealousOfTheElderly and exhausted
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Hello, I think this is certainly a good idea, because your mental illness can help you understand people better. It is obviously good for you and the future clients. Because it is likely you will deal with some desperate people who will be looking for understanding and clear steps that may help them improve their lives. :hug:

• Love
Reactions: exhausted
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
This is a great idea and a great way to help people and give something back. Please keep us up to date on how it all goes!

Suicide_vampire

Suicide_vampire

In Vino Veritas
Feb 11, 2020
The main issue is that I have schizophrenia, and only 15 % of people with schizophrenia in my country are working, and from those people, only 10 - 20 % have a competitive job. It doesn't sound too good, it almost feels like I am going to end up like them.

The main reason why I want to study psychology is because I want to volunteer as a psychologist. If I have the opportunity to work for money or not, time will tell.

It's a 4 year degree, and it's free due to my partial disability (I would have to buy the books myself). Once I finish it, I will have to specialize in a specific area (probably hypnosis and therapy).

I just don't want to feel like my life was a waste and I did nothing to help other people in need. If I don't do this I think I would end up ctbing anyways. I hope I can make a difference, as tiny as it may be...
All I will say is I worked in the social work field, with offenders and addicts and a lot of mental health issues.
I kind of got lost in my work as it was an easy way to avoid my own issues.
Go for it, but don't get lost in it.

Reactions: akana and aspen
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I'd say having a mental health issue is going to give you a unique insight that could really turn out to be a help to people.

A

akana

Student
Mar 21, 2022
I always thought about doing psychology but I already read too much of it on reddit so figured I might go insane from studying it as well. And you really have to make yourself stand out in the field. But being someone who's experienced things themselves definitely helps and like another person said gives you a unique perspective