TheDog_

TheDog_

Feb 25, 2023
Stop telling me that a life full of pain can also be full of happiness. I am not a soldier or a warrior. I didn't ask for this. I don't want to suffer, and I am so tired of being told I just need to dedicate myself to acceptance therapy. I wish they would all stop. Stop it all. I don't want to be in pain.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Mortetrapoco, Kawaii_Shoujo215, autistocracy and 38 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
People who push those beliefs onto other people just sound so insensitive to me. There should just be acceptance towards the fact that not everyone wants to continue suffering in an existence they aren't even obligated to endure in the first place. I would personally see it as best to avoid those who glorify suffering and worship life, I cannot stand people like that, suicide will always a valid option and we all have our right to die no matter what toxic positivity people like to force on others.

• Informative
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering, autistocracy, CTBookOfLife and 11 others
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Stop telling me that a life full of pain can also be full of happiness. I am not a soldier or a warrior. I didn't ask for this. I don't want to suffer, and I am so tired of being told I just need to dedicate myself to acceptance therapy. I wish they would all stop. Stop it all. I don't want to be in pain.

Thnk 1 issu wth tht cmmunty = tht belevng thse thngs = wht kps sme of thm goin s/ thy wll projct thse thngs on2 u

= cn b frustr8tng

Reactions: HD72, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, LonelyKitten and 5 others
The Abyss

The Abyss

Why're we still here, just to suffer?
Dec 19, 2019
People telling you to live through pain ain't living it.

• Love
Reactions: Mortetrapoco, Kawaii_Shoujo215, HD72 and 7 others
C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
Used to be a THREAD on CHRONIC ILLNESS. I'VE read many stories about the people suffering with chronic illness and deteriorating suffering.
Anyone know what happened to that. CAN SOMEONE SPECULATE ABOUT WHY THERE ARE NO POSTS ON THE PARTNER NEGATHREAD
FROM ANYONE DYING AND LOOKING FOR A PARTNER, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE. Anyone know what it feels like to be confined to BED, ALONE, IN INCREASING PAIN, with no RELIEF, and are not posting here, or on the Partner's thread?

• Love
Reactions: HD72, thetrout, girlsboysthems and 1 other person
Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
Used to be a THREAD on CHRONIC ILLNESS. I'VE read many stories about the people suffering with chronic illness and deteriorating suffering.
Anyone know what happened to that. CAN SOMEONE SPECULATE ABOUT WHY THERE ARE NO POSTS ON THE PARTNER NEGATHREAD
FROM ANYONE DYING AND LOOKING FOR A PARTNER, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE. Anyone know what it feels like to be confined to BED, ALONE, IN INCREASING PAIN, with no RELIEF, and are not posting here, or on the Partner's thread?

Reactions: HD72, Per Ardua Ad Astra and Praestat_Mori
Glandular

Glandular

Student
Mar 23, 2023
Stop telling me that a life full of pain can also be full of happiness. I am not a soldier or a warrior.
I hate this "fighting sentiment" so much, especially if it comes from someone who is healthy. They have no idea how much you suffer with a severe chronic illness. I guess I would "fight" if there was anything to gain. But a chronic disease will just come back or find another way to torment you.

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, myusername890, TheDog_ and 7 others
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
I never understood chronic pain or how physically and mentally debilitating it can be on someone. I think people genuinely don't understand and they want to help but just don't know how or what to do or even say. Now that I live with chronic pain I definitely understand and have grown to hate the questions I always asked others: How are you feeling today? Do you feel better? Can the doctor give you anything stronger? Etc. I'm not making excuses but I think the majority of people find it very difficult to believe someone can be in pain everyday, sadly it's true and you are not alone!

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Done_Surviving, Glandular and 3 others
HD72

HD72

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
Sep 10, 2023
Can we start one. I am in the same position. Absolutely terrified. I just want to be gone but my head hurts so badly I can't comprehend how to fix an exit bag.

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
mad love to the chronically ill folks, i wouldnt be able to handle chronic illness as well as you guys <3 (even if youre not handling it well im proud of yalls).

• Love
Reactions: kitty_kat and Per Ardua Ad Astra
Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
Can we start one. I am in the same position. Absolutely terrified. I just want to be gone but my head hurts so badly I can't comprehend how to fix an exit bag.

• Hugs
Reactions: HD72 and Per Ardua Ad Astra
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

In the state of shock of what happened
Apr 30, 2022
I never understood chronic pain or how physically and mentally debilitating it can be on someone. I think people genuinely don't understand and they want to help but just don't know how or what to do or even say. Now that I live with chronic pain I definitely understand and have grown to hate the questions I always asked others: How are you feeling today? Do you feel better? Can the doctor give you anything stronger? Etc. I'm not making excuses but I think the majority of people find it very difficult to believe someone can be in pain everyday, sadly it's true and you are not alone!
What an eye-opening experience. I want to CTB because of chronic pain spinal disease and one of the major reasons is that people would never understand me. Chronic illness and especially chronic pain are notoriously hard for people to understand. Why is that?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lost Magic, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Stormy Raine and 6 others
girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
What an eye-opening experience. I want to CTB because of chronic pain spinal disease and one of the major reasons is that people would never understand me. Chronic illness and especially chronic pain are notoriously hard for people to understand. Why is that?
i think most people are unable to put themselves in someone elses shoes, honestly i think it correlates with like self awareness, life experiences and like their (un)ability to understand a different perspective. idk something along those lines.

Reactions: kitty_kat, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 1 other person
HD72

HD72

Sep 10, 2023
If u need to talk feel free to PM me. I understand. I wish I didn't. I wish u didn't have to suffer. I wish none of us had to suffer. It seems it's always the people who could have made the most difference in the world that God punishes.

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, AshH, Glandular and 1 other person
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

Apr 30, 2022
i think most people are unable to put themselves in someone elses shoes, honestly i think it correlates with like self awareness, life experiences and like their (un)ability to understand a different perspective. idk something along those lines.
Honestly, I'm always baffled how ignorant people are. They always imagine some acute pain. But they cannot grasp living in 24/7 severe constant pain for decades with literally no hope. Luckily we can all CTB.
If u need to talk feel free to PM me. I understand. I wish I didn't. I wish u didn't have to suffer. I wish none of us had to suffer. It seems it's always the people who could have made the most difference in the world that God punishes.
Indeed... thank you very much.

Reactions: HD72 and girlsboysthems
girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
Honestly, I'm always baffled how ignorant people are. They always imagine some acute pain. But they cannot grasp living in 24/7 severe constant pain for decades with literally no hope. Luckily we can all CTB.
Like I work in retail and when people want coupons they just expect me to automatically know what they want and how they want to use it. and if i try to explain to them that im not a mind reader and they need to tell me these things theyre just like "youll see when youll be my age". first of all i wont be your age ever cuz i rather commit kermitcide than live this pathetic life and second of all i wouldnt ever nag people if get older, cuz that shit is just plain annoying.

Reactions: Cryptonite
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

Apr 30, 2022
Like I work in retail and when people want coupons they just expect me to automatically know what they want and how they want to use it. and if i try to explain to them that im not a mind reader and they need to tell me these things theyre just like "youll see when youll be my age". first of all i wont be your age ever cuz i rather commit kermitcide than live this pathetic life and second of all i wouldnt ever nag people if get older, cuz that shit is just plain annoying.
Great example. Maybe there is a simple reason behind this baffling lack of empathy: people cannot simply empathize with experiences they have never gone through. Empathy is localized.

Reactions: girlsboysthems
HD72

HD72

Sep 10, 2023
Thank you for sharing this.

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
T

Tulip<3

Student
Aug 16, 2023
I truly understand. I try to live as best as I can with it, but the idea of living a long life with the pain and all the other symptoms is so daunting to me. I'm so exhausted already, and I have been for years now.

I went for an interview yesterday and would have got the job if it wasn't for the fact I can't drive because of my seizures. It has impacted so many areas of my life and I'm allowed to not feel okay about it!

all of you with pain and chronic illness, I hear you.

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Glandular and HD72
Glandular

Glandular

Student
Mar 23, 2023
Chronic illness and especially chronic pain are notoriously hard for people to understand. Why is that?
It's simple: They don't experience it. Before I got ill I couldn't comprehend it either. I only recognised really severe cases - like a young person who is about to die because of some horrible cancer. For a healthy person sickness and pain is temporary. Sure, you feel like hell for a week or two, you complain about the pain, but you know that it will get better soon.
The reason I'm here, the reason I want to CTB, is that with a chronic disease it never stops. I know that no medical treatment that is still possible will heal me. I know that it will only get worse, never better. And I know my suffering will only increase. The symptoms I experience now are manageable - but it could get worse in an instant and that also scares me.

In summary, "normal" people experience illness as something that will soon pass, they hope that it will be over and they will be right. They can't comprehend a disease that will literally never stop destroying their body and the pure hopelessness that results from that knowledge.

• Love
Reactions: Mortetrapoco, Painfu.Ll.suffering, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 4 others
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

Apr 30, 2022
It's simple: They don't experience it. Before I got ill I couldn't comprehend it either. I only recognised really severe cases - like a young person who is about to die because of some horrible cancer. For a healthy person sickness and pain is temporary. Sure, you feel like hell for a week or two, you complain about the pain, but you know that it will get better soon.
The reason I'm here, the reason I want to CTB, is that with a chronic disease it never stops. I know that no medical treatment that is still possible will heal me. I know that it will only get worse, never better. And I know my suffering will only increase. The symptoms I experience now are manageable - but it could get worse in an instant and that also scares me.

In summary, "normal" people experience illness as something that will soon pass, they hope that it will be over and they will be right. They can't comprehend a disease that will literally never stop destroying their body and the pure hopelessness that results from that knowledge.
Exactly like you! My symptoms are manageable, but it will get so much worse. I'm glad I've found someone who has exactly the same mindset.

Just like you say, normal people experience illness as temporary, not as something that affects you 24/7.

It must be a really strange experience being a person with chronic illness but also having experienced the perspective of someone who does not.

I'm drunk and so angry and somehow I just wanna punish people who think in this mindset.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mortetrapoco, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 1 other person
L

Ligand

Sep 14, 2023
The chronic illness community drives me fucking crazy holy shit. There is no group of people more delusional in the entire world than disabled people that believe their lives are just as good as able-bodied people.

I've lived a life of health and success and I've had it turned into a life of constant chronic pain and disability, and I can tell you that it fucking sucks bro. Literally no one fucking understands and you get a painfully quick crash course in just how transactional relationships are. I used to be a really fun, happy person to be around but now I am bitter as fuck. I just don't wanna be in pain. Bonus points for any of you that have degenerative/progressive conditions like I do.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mortetrapoco, lex, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 5 others
Glandular

Glandular

Student
Mar 23, 2023
all of you with pain and chronic illness, I hear you.
Much love and strength to you, too! I always feel so sorry for other people with severe conditions like mine. I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy and it often seems to affect some really good people. Such a waste.
Exactly like you! My symptoms are manageable, but it will get so much worse. I'm glad I've found someone who has exactly the same mindset.
I try to enjoy the good things that are left. I don't want to leave too early but I sure as hell won't be tortured to death by my own body. Timing my exit is my final problem. I'm sorry that this also applies to you.
It must be a really strange experience being a person with chronic illness but also having experienced the perspective of someone who does not.
I'm most of all grateful for all those healthy years. There are some regrets, some things that I could have done differently, but I guess that everyone (including healthy people) have these thoughts. I used to have big dreams and wanted to achieve many things in my life - all these goals are now meaningless. You gain a new perspective on life and on what's really important. Without being healthy all the other things don't really matter.

• Love
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering and Per Ardua Ad Astra
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I feel the same way. Fuck it, I reject this crappy life.

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I always struggle to read these threads. Chronic pain destroyed my life for 20 years to the point of multiple ctb attempts. But I am one of the lucky ones I found a cure despite being treated so badly by the medical establishment now at this old age I have to start building my life again from scratch.

So I have a lot of guilt, I know for some people they can't be cured and I know how dreadful life can be and I know for others they can be cured but the help is not there in the medical establishment for them to access.

Reactions: lex, Glandular, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 1 other person
TheDog_

TheDog_

Feb 25, 2023
The chronic illness community drives me fucking crazy holy shit. There is no group of people more delusional in the entire world than disabled people that believe their lives are just as good as able-bodied people.

I've lived a life of health and success and I've had it turned into a life of constant chronic pain and disability, and I can tell you that it fucking sucks bro. Literally no one fucking understands and you get a painfully quick crash course in just how transactional relationships are. I used to be a really fun, happy person to be around but now I am bitter as fuck. I just don't wanna be in pain. Bonus points for any of you that have degenerative/progressive conditions like I do.
I think it's a hard cope because admitting that things suck and are harder when you're sick makes it harder to convince yourself that it's worth it to be alive. I don't relate to disabled people who say it's better to be disabled. I just want to do things without thinking about how I'll do them or if I'll be able to do them. I want to live without being held back by my own body. I want to be and be reborn as I was when I was healthy. I felt like I could do anything, and I could. I did not live in constant anguish of when the next bad thing would happen to me. Guess I'm projecting. But this is no life

Last edited:
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Glandular and Ligand
D

Done_Surviving

Student
Sep 17, 2023
Amen brother, fucking amen.

Reactions: HD72, Glandular and AshH
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
I think people, well I simply couldn't believe others could be in so much pain with all this medication we always hear about. Truth is the pain medication will only do so much, it becomes what level of pain can you tolerate? Chronic pain will make anyone want to ctb, it's difficult to wake up everyday and know you will be in pain..life is hard. I'm sorry you have to deal with this

HD72

HD72

Sep 10, 2023

Just like you say, normal people experience illness as temporary, not as something that affects you 24/7.

I'm drunk and so angry and somehow I just wanna punish people who think in this mindset.
I reached the point where it's no longer manageable. Drs yell at me. My mom won't help except to hand me an ice pack. I will be alone and homeless when she goes. I want to sleep I miss sleep. Sleep makes the pain worse. I have no escape.

• Aww..
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering
Glandular

Glandular

Student
Mar 23, 2023
I want to live without being held back by my own body. I want to be and be reborn as I was when I was healthy. I felt like I could do anything, and I could. I did not live in constant anguish of when the next bad thing would happen to me. Guess I'm projecting. But this is no life
Couldn't have said it better. Being healthy again is all I wish for. Sadly that will never happen.