DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
I am on the phone chatting with my psychiatrist letting her know I am totally fine when, in reality, I am not. Thats fine though. All I wanted was a normal childhood with loving family. I dont want this life. I dont want to "make it better". I just want to suicide so I can hopefully be reborn into a better one

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Apathy's Girl, anxivoid, Yomyom and 11 others
socrates

socrates

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Dec 3, 2019
Yeah, I want to be reborn into a better life too. The problem is you have no clue what your next life would be like. There are so many people with so much torment and I'd hate to be reborn in a worse situation then I am now.

Reactions: Yomyom, Exhausted1705, Pisceslilith and 3 others
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Part of me is convinced were in this shit life right now because the next one will be good, or the previous one was good. Probably wishful thinking on my part.

I'd be good with just sweet nothing too.

Reactions: Astral316, DeathIsTheWayOut99 and crybaby
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Hope there is no rebirth bro ... 50% chance it will be worse than this one

Last edited:
Reactions: Yomyom, ERASED, Deleted member 18655 and 1 other person
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
We spend so much time worrying/theorizing about what comes after death, if anything...I try to remind myself that whether I kms now or die at 120 years old, doesn't matter. Every last one of us dies, and we're all going to find out what happens then. We don't have any control over it, so I kinda feel like its pointless to waste emotional energy on it. But that's just me!

Reactions: Yomyom, bloomingdark, Midnight-rain and 9 others
FrankieVallie

FrankieVallie

Jul 24, 2020
I am on the phone chatting with my psychiatrist letting her know I am totally fine when, in reality, I am not. Thats fine though. All I wanted was a normal childhood with loving family. I dont want this life. I dont want to "make it better". I just want to suicide so I can hopefully be reborn into a better one
I really feel the pain of telling others you're fine when you're absolutely not. Sometimes I think I would be a great actor because of how much I pretend around others. 8 years and going. I quickly learned that telling others about your pain often just makes it worse for yourself and leaves the person with a sense of anxiety/guilt which is bad for them as well. I lost count of how many times I've smiled to another person's face while desperately trying to hold back tears. Telling people we're fine is the best we can do.
We spend so much time worrying/theorizing about what comes after death, if anything...I try to remind myself that whether I kms now or die at 120 years old, doesn't matter. Every last one of us dies, and we're all going to find out what happens then. We don't have any control over it, so I kinda feel like its pointless to waste emotional energy on it. But that's just me!
I also don't worry about what comes after death because I'm satisfied with how I've lived my life with my mental disorders and situation. I've fought as hard as I could for years, but haven't even come close to winning this battle and I know I never will. I have called out to God many times but sadly never got any kind of answer or change in my life. My own strength and ability isn't enough to win. Therefore, I don't fear what comes after. If its truly nothingness, then life never mattered and suicide allowed me to avoid more pain. If there is a God or afterlife (which I believe), then I believe that God will understand the horrible suffering I've been through and won't punish me eternally for killing myself. Not to sound prideful of course; I know I have sinned many times in my life and am far from perfect. But if that God is loving at all (I think He is), I truly don't believe I'll suffer eternally for what I've done. I have already suffered enough on this earth :(

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: AmDead, voyager, Astral316 and 4 others
M

melp

Aug 5, 2020
I just want to suicide so I can hopefully be reborn into a better one

Do you really believe that? There is no circle of life or reincarnation. Consider this when you make decisions

"There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark"
Stephen Hawking

• Love
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Wayfaerer, Astral316, Busdriver and 2 others
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Do you really believe that? There is no circle of life or reincarnation. Consider this when you make decisions

"There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark"
Stephen Hawking
As much as I respect Stephen Hawking, he didn't know this any more than you do. Posting your personal beliefs (or repeating someone else's) about the afterlife or the lack of it as pure fact isn't helpful in the slightest.

Reactions: voyager, Midnight-rain, Joey and 4 others
socrates

socrates

Dec 3, 2019

Stephen Hawking
It's imposable for us to know what happens after death. To say there is no after life is as foolish as to say there is an after life. We simply do not know. We don't even know what consciousness is, sure we have some speculations, but there just speculation.

Reactions: voyager, Joey, FrankieVallie and 3 others
M

melp

Aug 5, 2020
I suppose I can agree with you, but from the beginning.
Is there a need to command the non-existence of something?
Holding on to hard materialism and realism, man is a complex organism. When the body ceases to exist, everything disappears. The body decays and memory disappears through physical damage. If you have any research, scientific materials that contradict that, I would be happy to read. I wasn't very interested in researching spirituality. I read, for example, a study which showed that the higher the standard of living, the lower religiousness.

Reactions: Busdriver
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark

Poor Stephan Hawking was unable to move at all or speak except through a computer. He probably hopes the end will come soon. He can't even ctb on his own. So there is no way he would hope for life after death of any kind. I'm not sure if he is still alive but I can't imagine being trapped in his body.

Reactions: FrankieVallie
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I understand the feeling of not even bothering to tell people that are trying to help what is wrong because it feels like it would get nowhere and you don't have the energy. I am sorry about your situation, it is sad. I hope things can get better for you tbh

Reactions: falloutcarter13
InevitablePattern91

InevitablePattern91

Brazilian, 28y. Last weeks of life.
Jul 23, 2020
It's risky. We don't know if we're going to reborn in a better or worst life. Don't even know if we will reborn at all.

Last edited:
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
As much as I respect Stephen Hawking, he didn't know this any more than you do. Posting your personal beliefs (or repeating someone else's) about the afterlife or the lack of it as pure fact isn't helpful in the slightest.
Yes, this is the fallacy of appealing to authority.
Hawking may have known a lot in theoretical physics, but he didn't know what happens after death any more than anyone else.
Poor Stephan Hawking was unable to move at all or speak except through a computer. He probably hopes the end will come soon. He can't even ctb on his own. So there is no way he would hope for life after death of any kind. I'm not sure if he is still alive but I can't imagine being trapped in his body.
He died not long ago. Normally someone with his condition lives about 4 years, but he managed to survive 40 years with it. Not sure how.

Last edited:
Reactions: voyager, Midnight-rain, FrankieVallie and 2 others
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
I suppose I can agree with you, but from the beginning.
Is there a need to command the non-existence of something?
Holding on to hard materialism and realism, man is a complex organism. When the body ceases to exist, everything disappears. The body decays and memory disappears through physical damage. If you have any research, scientific materials that contradict that, I would be happy to read. I wasn't very interested in researching spirituality. I read, for example, a study which showed that the higher the standard of living, the lower religiousness.
I'm not contradicting you, nor am I interested in arguing a subject that neither side has any evidence for or against. I'm simply saying I don't know, neither do you, and neither did Hawking, brilliant as he was. Stating one opinion as pure fact while lowkey ridiculing the other is beyond pointless, that was my only point.

Reactions: Life_and_Death, voyager, Midnight-rain and 3 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019

Hawking died a few years ago. He may now be in a better position than we are to say what comes next, or maybe not. But either way when he was alive he knew no more about it than anyone else.

Reactions: voyager, Midnight-rain, Meditation guide and 2 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
When the body ceases to exist, everything disappears.
Sorry, but this is just an assertion. You don't know this.
The best neuroscientific minds in the world don't even know what consciousness really is, or how it relates to the brain exactly.

Ok, there are neural correlates of consciousness (NCC's), which seem to be sufficient to give rise to conscious percepts, but we don't know if they are a necessary condition, nor do we know what the nature of the causal relation is (or if there is any causal relation, e.g. identity theorists in the philosophy of mind believe that conscious states may just be neural states, and if a=b then there is no relation so to speak, apart from one of identity).

For all we know, consciousness may precede and be even more metaphysically basic than inert matter; when living organisms have conscious experiences, they are tuning in, like antenna receiving radio waves, to a more fundamental consciousness which somehow underlies reality.
We just don't know.

• Love
Reactions: FrankieVallie and falloutcarter13
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
It's imposable for us to know what happens after death. To say there is no after life is as foolish as to say there is an after life. We simply do not know. We don't even know what consciousness is, sure we have some speculations, but there just speculation.

Sure, we can't prove it conclusively like a mathematical formula, but it would be reasonable to assume there isn't one just like it would be reasonable to assume that there isn't a colony of martian subterranean gnomes living underneath the surface of mars.

You take a computer and smash it with a sledgehammer a few times. Then hit the startup button, and it no turn on. See a pattern here? Same thing if you squashed a bug or shot a deer or a rhino or an elephant. We are mechanical beings made of hardware residing within in a physical universe. What we preceive as our consciousness is a direct result of neuro-chemistry and is not some magical, mythical phenomenon forever beyond our understanding. To think otherwise is purely of our own ego and fear of death.

socrates

socrates

Dec 3, 2019
Sure, we can't prove it conclusively like a mathematical formula, but it would be reasonable to assume there isn't one just like it would be reasonable to assume that there isn't a colony of martian subterranean gnomes living underneath the surface of mars.

You take a computer and smash it with a sledgehammer a few times. Then hit the startup button, and it no turn on. See a pattern here? Same thing if you squashed a bug or shot a deer or a rhino or an elephant. We are mechanical beings made of hardware residing within in a physical universe. What we preceive as our consciousness is a direct result of neuro-chemistry and is not some magical, mythical phenomenon forever beyond our understanding. To think otherwise is purely of our own ego and fear of death.
We can't prove consciousness at all. Heck we can't even define the word. There is no way to know if someone or something is even conscious. You can't even know if you were conscious an hour ago. Claiming when you die consciousness also dies is just as much a speculation as saying consciousness survives.

Reactions: esse_est_percipi, mrbrooks, FrankieVallie and 1 other person
M

melp

Aug 5, 2020

If a human were only a receiver of some kind of signal, it seems to me that it would be of simpler construction. There would be a really huge room for optimization, or existence in this world itself requires biologicality. Which is not true. There is no general application of artificial intelligence yet, but man did not have to be a biological being.

If I cited statements approving faith in a similar tone, would someone come forward with comments? Citing authority is not an argument, but it was on purpose.

In many cases, we find ourselves wrong in popular judgments as a society. It seems quite unlikely that the views as old as the world and quite positive and simple can be true. These simple statements seem to try to explain too much and stop the process of criticism and reflection. I just want to promote relatively sane views. I don't know if I'm trying to do it well .

Consciousness can be a very debatable issue, or it can exist and in a different way than we think about it

mrbrooks

mrbrooks

Apr 1, 2020
I can't believe humans are so arrogant as to believe that when you die there is nothing forever, as if life can't go on without this organism lol.

Last edited:
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I highly doubt debating the afterlife was the why the OP made this thread and its like it's been already stated, no one really knows. So can we please stop debating a topic that can't be debated because it's nothing more then a personal opinion. And you really shouldn't dispell others like that. Some people have a fear of death and the only thing they are holding on to is the possibility of an afterlife.

Reactions: amnotreal
mrbrooks

mrbrooks

Apr 1, 2020
At the end of the day death ridicules all beliefs. What I believe or someone else believes is completely meaningless... cause youre gonna die lol. What we "should" or should not do is completely arbitrary. The brain organ is functioning 100% automatically like any other organ.There is no mini person in here controlling/manipulating what this organism does. No one controls anything...because there actually is no one to begin with lol.

anxivoid

anxivoid

My hand, can you reach it?
Aug 23, 2020
I share this feeling too. And we will. We are all find happiness. It can't be otherwise ;'3

Reactions: taylor321
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019

How does that follow? Is there a brand new flavour of buddism where you carry your body to the next life? Sorry, just kidding. I don't seriously look for logic in buddhism.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I just want to suicide so I can hopefully be reborn into a better one
As has been hotly debated in previous responses, we have no idea what follows this life, and it's impossible to prove. It may be that this is the only life you get. If the chance to live out a happy life is of ultimate importance to you, then you may want to consider doing all you can with this one. I'd hate for you to put your faith and hope in another life that may never come.