N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I enjoy listening to English music. I hate most of the German songs and artists. Though the English content is sometimes quite explicit. It is about depression, suicide, drugs and sex. Sometimes with very provocative lyrics. I once listened to a German band and they made fun of the trash TV my mom watches. She did not like it. I really liked this take of them and had to laugh a lot.

Though when I compare it with the English lyrics I am listening to it was very harmless. I am listening currently a lot to Juice WRLD and most of his lyrics are about drug addiction. I never was addicted but I still like it a lot. Because it is partly also about mental illness. And Eminem has sometimes quite insane lines. I would feel a little bit embarrassed if my family would understand what I am listening to.

Reactions: narval
Lebensunwertes

Lebensunwertes

Du bist auf dich allein gestellt
May 26, 2022
German language, poetry, culture in its whole is absolutely amazing. There's a wise saying in my native tongue, "One should know and value their own culture's or nation's achievements, instead of diminishing them."

Reactions: Nolan96
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
German language, poetry, culture in its whole is absolutely amazing. There's a wise saying in my native tongue, "One should know and value their own culture's or nation's achievements, instead of diminishing them."
I also like a lot of German poets and writers. I love Kafka. I rather thought about contemporary German music. You can convince yourself about the horrible state of German music when you watch the Eurovision song contest. It is embarrassing.

Lebensunwertes

Lebensunwertes

Du bist auf dich allein gestellt
May 26, 2022
Eurovision and other stuff like this is for the masses. It is not designed to be insightful, nor to have any art in it. It's all bright lights to make the average consumer drool. If I'm to drop a really bland (but still good) example that would be Rammstein. But there are of course many other German artists, lots of them pretty underground, some are even banned, that produce really good art.

Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
I'm surprised German music is different from American music in that way. I'm a cynic when it comes to American music, so I doubt I'd see it as so much better than German.

I'd be curious to see this quote in its original language if you're comfortable sharing.

onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable šŸ’” Rest in peace CommitSudoku šŸ¤
Mar 11, 2022
Thomas Oppermann Reaction GIF by Bayerischer Rundfunk