A

Amandye13

Sep 22, 2020
I was extremely suicidal last week and I joined Sanctioned Suicide. I came closer to death than ever before and I feel like I befriended it, it's the only friend I can count on 100%. I could kill myself any time I wanted to and everything will be over. It made me a bit calmer in the midst of my chronic mental and emotional suffering and perpetual confusion. But that doesn't mean that my life is any different. My therapist noticed my unusual calm and told me she thinks I really grew up in this last week. (And I did tell her that I was extremely suicidal and then for some reason I became calm.) I find that extremely invalidating and it's hurtful to think I am more acceptable when I am suicidal and not in touch with everything that is real about my life. I am more acceptable when I am detached from my pain.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: chopinkms, Lintaga, Stick and 4 others
K

kqlysrsly

Sep 15, 2020
You're not a little girl anymore.
uouee a woman that wants death. It's attractive too.

Reactions: TooConscious
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
To be fair to your psychologist you can't expect her to be psychic.

She isn't invalidating your feelings.
You haven't even told her why you're feeling calmer.

But I agree, it's weird that this should be the case.
In some ways I'm surprised that she didn't dig further because psychologists are trained to recognise symptoms of impending suicide, one of which can be a feeling of being calmer due to thinking that all the nonsense will be over.
You're not a little girl anymore.
uouee a woman that wants death. It's attractive too.
No, wanting to die is not attractive.

Reactions: AnnonyBox, cazwiz, Stick and 3 others
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
Your therapist sounds condescending to me. Telling you you've "grown up" seems like a backhanded compliment but hey that's just me.

• Love
Reactions: Buffy5120, AnnonyBox, sourpink and 8 others
A

Amandye13

Sep 22, 2020
She isn't invalidating your feelings.
You haven't even told her why you're feeling calmer.

Well I literally told her why I'm feeling calmer.

Reactions: sourpink and TooConscious
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Well I literally told her why I'm feeling calmer.
Oh! You told her that you're feeling calmer because you're planning to end your life?

Reactions: TooConscious
A

Amandye13

Sep 22, 2020
Your therapist sounds condescending to me. Telling you you've "grown up" seems like a backhanded compliment but hey that's just me.
Yes it did feel that way. She said that at the end of our session and I couldn't really say anything.
Oh! You told her that you're feeling calmer because you're planning to end your life?
Yes, and that it made me feel like an exit is always available.

Reactions: Stick, Lostandlooking, TooConscious and 1 other person
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
My therapist says she can see on my face I am not depressed anymore, even though I have never told her I feel any better. All I think about everyday is suicide.

• Aww..
Reactions: AnnonyBox, Stick, Amandye13 and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I felt as if I was the one who wrote this thread! That's exactly what happened to me when I tried to CTB in August. Unfortunately I failed but, it's great to be calm when the moment comes.
As for therapists, they are easy to manipulate, so, I understand you lol.
Anyway, GL with everything and keep yhat calmness. It's essential.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: AnnonyBox, Secrets1, Stick and 2 others
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Holy shit. First of all, the way your therapist talked to you almost puts a sense of morality on your feelings. She's not concerned at all for your well-being? Going from outwardly, incredibly suicidal to calm in a week is such a red flag. And if I read what you said properly, you even told her why you feel calm?

• Love
Reactions: AnnonyBox, Stick, Amandye13 and 2 others
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I really identify when I've been intent on suicide people actually gravitate towards me and seem to like me automatically where as when I was trying to sort things I was pretty much disowned by everyone. Life really is a joke.

Reactions: Stick
CrazyMary

CrazyMary

Student
Sep 20, 2020
Yes, knowing that the exit door is close brings a sense of calm. Sometimes I just think I might stay here for a while try to work things out and if it just gets worse I will just CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: TooConscious and Stick
A

Amandye13

Sep 22, 2020
Thanks for the validation.
I felt as if I was the one who wrote this thread! That's exactly what happened to me when I tried to CTB in August. Unfortunately I failed but, it's great to be calm when the moment comes.
As for therapists, they are easy to manipulate, so, I understand you lol.
Anyway, GL with everything and keep yhat calmness. It's essential.
Makes me feel less alone. Therapists can be extremely confusing to me, but I so need support in my life I can't go without one. No one is as stable and reliable as death though.
Holy shit. First of all, the way your therapist talked to you almost puts a sense of morality on your feelings. She's not concerned at all for your well-being? Going from outwardly, incredibly suicidal to calm in a week is such a red flag. And if I read what you said properly, you even told her why you feel calm?
Yes it was the first thing I told her at the session. And at the end of the session she told me this. People tend to see me as intelligent or mature if I manage to be calm and they mistake that for emotional maturity and mental stability. I hate that so much.
I really identify when I've been intent on suicide people actually gravitate towards me and seem to like me automatically where as when I was trying to sort things I was pretty much disowned by everyone. Life really is a joke.
Yes! I really don't get that. It's like getting fucked by life when you thought you reached rock bottom.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: AnnonyBox, TooConscious, Lupgevif and 1 other person
Cherrypea

Cherrypea

I remember when all this will be again
May 3, 2020
She sounds a bit like my therapist who I've just 'broken up' with (I made a thread about this yesterday). Back in July /August time when I first became active on this site and read through the resources, I told her how I'd been thinking much more about death and much of my anxiety dispersed (it had changed to a depressive stage) and she said yes it's calming isn't it. Looking back I should have found someone else then. Is that a possibility for you?

• Wow
Reactions: BitterlyAlive
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I'm not wishing "bad" things on you, but I can't believe your therapist dismissed such a glaring red flag. Suddenly calm or happy is like the most basic suicide warning sign, and pretty much everyone knows that. I'd be concerned with the quality of treatment you got all around from this person, honestly.

I have a bad therapist now, and I'm in the process of looking for a new one. She's nice and empathetic enough, but our sessions aren't really about me. Sometimes I walk away feeling like I gave HER therapy! She talks about her life way too much. The first several minutes of our last session was her describing what she was making for dinner and then how she's taking her husband in for medical tests for x, y, and z reasons. I usually just let her go on, because it's easier than feeling whatever it is I'm upset about, but that's really wasting everyone's time.