Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
People tell me that I'm too hard on myself but, I genuinely am an idiot. I'll explain

Due to circumstances, I'm trying to see if another friend of mind would be willing to hold onto my games for me

Though, it would be easier to just force myself to live on campus, be independent, and have my games to myself

The only thing would be taking out more loans to pay back (I have so many) but it can be taken care of better

I should ideally be making the choice thats better for my well being long term, but I can't seem to do it

No amount of coaxing and forcing has worked before.

It's like I'd rather suffer in the familiarity of my "home" than branch out to uncomfortable but better

I'm an idiot

• Hugs
Reactions: sad_rock, Ε. Η. R. and Leavesfromthevine
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
It doesn't sound like it's a case of being stupid. There are a lot of psychological barriers that can get in the way of carrying out what you identify as the right thing to do.

The comfort zone is called the comfort zone for a reason. Because it's comfortable in there and it's always easier to focus on immediate comfort rather than long-term improvement.

It's a matter of step by step.

Reactions: Ε. Η. R.
Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
It doesn't sound like it's a case of being stupid. There are a lot of psychological barriers that can get in the way of carrying out what you identify as the right thing to do.

The comfort zone is called the comfort zone for a reason. Because it's comfortable in there and it's always easier to focus on immediate comfort rather than long-term improvement.

It's a matter of step by step.
Yeah. I'm realizing more and more how hard doing the "right" thing is

My goal was to move back home and then see how I feel. Then go back on campus next semester if anything. Even though I am technically a campus student I have not spent a single day on campus at all. I treat school like a commuter student, only really getting the room just to store my video games
Plus I don't want to have a campus dorm if I'm not willing to use it, since it'd just be a waste of money (8,000) each semester

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ε. Η. R. and Life_and_Death
Ε. Η. R.

Ε. Η. R.

Experienced
Oct 5, 2023
Maybe you're just confused, and you're thinking this because of stress and mistakes.
In addition, you analyze your actions, which you don't like. idiots don't do that.

Reactions: Water-Lily
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Yeah. I'm realizing more and more how hard doing the "right" thing is

My goal was to move back home and then see how I feel. Then go back on campus next semester if anything. Even though I am technically a campus student I have not spent a single day on campus at all. I treat school like a commuter student, only really getting the room just to store my video games
Plus I don't want to have a campus dorm if I'm not willing to use it, since it'd just be a waste of money (8,000) each semester
You could maybe just leave after college when you're in a better position to do so.

Reactions: Water-Lily
Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
You could maybe just leave after college when you're in a better position to do so.
Im gonna be in college for another 2 years. Afterwards I have to take an exam to get a license and once I do I can start
working
And yeah just taking out a bunch of student loans suck