I

idiot_dad

Sep 1, 2020
I did a writing exercise yesterday in which I outline all the relationships I've had over the years. I'm old, in my 40s.

Without exception, I've had a negative impact on literally everyone in my life - parents, siblings, spouse, children, co-workers, acquaintances. I'm a bad person.

It's like there's this inertia in my life that takes me back to old patterns, behaviors, thoughts. Even after therapy, drugs, goals, progress - I go back to being the garbage person that I am and hurting someone I care about.

To make matters worse, I'm too much of a coward to do the right thing and catch the bus.

My only wish is to have someone who knows me - really knows me - to acknowledge that I'm living cancer and encourage me to do the right thing. If that were to happen, I'm pretty sure I'd be able to have the courage to make the right choice.

But for now, I'm too much of a coward to do anything and too weak to change in any significant way. I'll continue to be a negative influence on the world.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Pen>Sword, strangeceleste, WornOutLife and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I've certainly been a bad influence for some people too, especially my ex gf who got in a deep depression because of me. I will always feel guilty about it but fortunately she's having a happy life now. I guess my bipolar disorder has fuc**d things up more than once.

Anyway, you might've been a "bad person" but you still have time to be a good person with the new people you meet thoughout your life. At least that's what I'll try to do.

Wish you the best and hope things get better somehow.

• Hugs
Reactions: idiot_dad, Pen>Sword and strangeceleste
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
It's like there's this inertia in my life that takes me back to old patterns, behaviors, thoughts. Even after ... ... - I go back
This is normal. I'm not saying it's good... just that it happens to many (most?) of us.
My only wish is to have someone who knows me - really knows me - to acknowledge that I'm living cancer and encourage me to do the right thing.
For multiple reasons, I doubt you'll ever have this happen... I'm sorry.

Those of us who want to die can't even get help to physically do it... even just to prevent things from "going wrong".

It's rare that someone with integrity could/would/should encourage another...

Reactions: idiot_dad