N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Many people in my age friends and people at my college are scared about climate change. From what I have heard it will literally be an extreme catastrophe that triggers several other crises like mass migration and the destruction of natural diversity. It is probably the most important topic for the future of humankind. And shall I tell you something? I don't really care about it. I try not become cynical towards others.

I just have extreme personal problems which will hit way earlier than the major climate catastrophe. I am extremely scared about poverty. If I have to decide between saving my own ass or saving the planet I will take the first option. Lol. There are some reasons Germany alone cannot make major progress anyway there has to be an international cooperation. And I have the feeling Russia does not really give a fuck...and other countries too.

I think from an economical standpoint it is pretty wise to invest now in clear technology. The salience of that topic will increase more and more. In decades or centuries the people will say why didn't we listen to all the climate activists. Though my personal point is I might have killed myself prior to that.

The climate catastrohpe will increase disparity way further. Rich people will be able to migrate to safe places and instead the most poor people will have to fight for survival and this will lead to mass refugee crises.

For me the last point is my main concern about climate change that vulnerable people will be hurt the most. Besides of that when I fade out that fact: People bullied me at school, people mocked me at college when I was delusional, people metaphorically spit in my face for my vulnerabilities, people looked down at me etc. I don't have much sympathy for humankind. I would not actively cheer the demise on. But the people will get what they did to me in a small dosage: real existential anxiety and sorrows about living.

I would not mind if humankind got extinct. Solely the mass murdering of animals on a daily basis is unbelievable cruel and disgusting to its core. Humans never can stop wars where people get raped, decapitated, filmed and publicly shamed online. The mass of extremely brutal and extremely painful abuse that is happening everyday is bonecrushing. I think it would be a natural reaction to get depressed if one monitored such crimes on a daily basis. So it is a natural reaction that humans rather look away of such tragic fates. Probably one reason why many people here in this forum describe that friends distanced themselves after for example suicide attempts.

Now more to the core topic: if one has to fight from one day to the next one usually forgets sometimes future plans. This applies to me. I struggle every single day with all my conditions in contrast what horror errupts on us due to climate change is just not my main concern. I don't have the resources to spend time on such a topic. My fight is for daily survival that I don't relapse which would be equal to my suicide. Why should I care about climate change if my demise is way more likely due another topic? Especially something that I can actively influence. I don't really feel like I could do much against the climate crisis. I think my voice does not really matter in this instance? I have to concentrate on other priorities.

What do you think?

• Aww..
Reactions: peace_van
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Personally, I feel like- do your best to be 'greener' and- don't have children. (Sorry if that offends.)

Honestly though- I think we're screwed.

Reactions: peace_van, Conker and noname223