fedupsoul

fedupsoul

Confused
Jan 19, 2021
Why am I me ?
why not someone else?
do you guys believe in something like karma or it's just random
I find it hard to believe that eternal nothingness or oblivion comes after ctb but after the brain is destroyed memory and identity is destroyed so what's to say I don't " wake up" as someone or something else with absolutely no memory anything before just like this current life ?
just wondering I'm new here any inputs???

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Jarni, NodusTollens and 1 other person
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
Hello & welcome to SS. If you ever need support, we'll be here for you.

The concept of self can be so fragile, yet all the same vital as we forge our way through life (This is an interesting topic).

I would like to believe in Karma, I mean- how great would it be to see people who do bad things reap the benefits of their actions. But this world seems to display otherwise.

I was raised Christian so I have spent some time agonizing over what happens next & I find it turns out to be a rabbit hole because we just don't know. I don't know how I feel about "going to hell" for CTB, nor do I necessarily want to go into a void of nothing or reincarnate, they each have their own cons.

Do I want to go to hell?
Definitely not.

Would I want there to be a void/nothing?
I mean, would it be that bad if I didn't have a conscious mind to perceive it.

Do I want to reincarnate?
I would hate to get another chance at life & screw it all up again.

Just things that float through & occupy mind.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: fedupsoul
fedupsoul

fedupsoul

Confused
Jan 19, 2021
Hello & welcome to SS. If you ever need support, we'll be here for you.

The concept of self can be so fragile, yet all the same vital as we forge our way through life (This is an interesting topic).

I would like to believe in Karma, I mean- how great would it be to see people who do bad things reap the benefits of their actions. But this world seems to display otherwise.

I was raised Christian so I have spent some time agonizing over what happens next & I find it turns out to be a rabbit hole because we just don't know. I don't know how I feel about "going to hell" for CTB, nor do I necessarily want to go into a void of nothing or reincarnate, they each have their own cons.

Do I want to go to hell?
Definitely not.

Would I want there to be a void/nothing?
I mean, would it be that bad if I didn't have a conscious mind to perceive it.

Do I want to reincarnate?
I would hate to get another chance at life & screw it all up again.

Just things that float through & occupy mind.
Thanks for welcoming I'm glad to be here with this community

reincarnation is a nightmare for me
Right from pets stuck in a cage for life, bound or leashed, upto the food chain in wild nature I have seen a video of a baby Buffalo being eaten alive by a Komodo dragon on YT and this is just an example of the cruelty in nature and I'm of the opinion that this must be hell. And also the way slaughter of animals is done in some countries without knocking the animal unconscious they just cut the throat of the animal while it is still conscious and alive and wait for it to bleed out
I'm terrified of becoming any of those
Even among humans I've seen homeless people suffering so much I feel really lucky to be where I am at the moment at the same time so guilty that there's absolutely nothing I can do about any of the suffering in this world in a manner which makes a difference
Everyday I'm alive I feel like I'm taking part in this suffering and benefitting myself by self preservation it's a horrible place to be
If we take part in the suffering and eat meat we are healthy physically and mentally and we live longer
If we overeat meat we may die from cholesterol or something
If we don't eat and go vegan we risk other problems and suffering and we die
If we don't eat at all we suffer and die
It's like the perfect hell right here

NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
Thanks for welcoming I'm glad to be here with this community

reincarnation is a nightmare for me
Right from pets stuck in a cage for life, bound or leashed, upto the food chain in wild nature I have seen a video of a baby Buffalo being eaten alive by a Komodo dragon on YT and this is just an example of the cruelty in nature and I'm of the opinion that this must be hell. And also the way slaughter of animals is done in some countries without knocking the animal unconscious they just cut the throat of the animal while it is still conscious and alive and wait for it to bleed out
I'm terrified of becoming any of those
Even among humans I've seen homeless people suffering so much I feel really lucky to be where I am at the moment at the same time so guilty that there's absolutely nothing I can do about any of the suffering in this world in a manner which makes a difference
Everyday I'm alive I feel like I'm taking part in this suffering and benefitting myself by self preservation it's a horrible place to be
If we take part in the suffering and eat meat we are healthy physically and mentally and we live longer
If we overeat meat we may die from cholesterol or something
If we don't eat and go vegan we risk other problems and suffering and we die
If we don't eat at all we suffer and die
It's like the perfect hell right here

You're welcome. :)

Well I can appreciate your fear surrounding reincarnation, it would truly be terrible to return as anything that doesn't have the ability to lead an autonomous life. What makes you think you'd return in such a way?

You sound like a caring, compassionate person, & it sad to hear how you're affected by all the suffering in the world.

fedupsoul

fedupsoul

Confused
Jan 19, 2021
What makes you think you'd return in such a way?
I don't know, because there is so little I know for sure about this world it makes me have nightmares
Like was it just random I came into being in my particular body in the situation at this time. Then there's nothing to keep me from coming into being again in another form. It's a possibility that I somehow really want disproved in a solid indisputable way

Reactions: Jarni
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
I don't know, because there is so little I know for sure about this world it makes me have nightmares
Like was it just random I came into being in my particular body in the situation at this time. Then there's nothing to keep me from coming into being again in another form. It's a possibility that I somehow really want disproved in a solid indisputable way
Well I see now how this has been occupying your mind, especially to be having nightmares. I'm so you're going through that.

The answers to the unknown have always plagued us & has given way to many different interpretations of what happens after we die that only adds to the confusion. I sometimes wonder if knowledge of the existence other religions adds to our confusion & fear surrounding death. While knowledge is power, ignorance is certainly bliss.

• Love
Reactions: Jarni and fedupsoul