ThatFlyGuy

ThatFlyGuy

this sucks
Feb 20, 2023
I tried reaching out to talk about how I felt in the real world with a "friend" in the end all I was told was he'd be surprised if their was anything wrong with me after talking about his pstd and shit.

I understand that he is figuring his shit out but it hurts so much to hear how he degrades my emotions chalking it up to I haven't had enough trauma

I've struggled for so long even accepting that i have feelings and I feel like he's trying to push me down that rabbit hole again. Anything I do or feel will never be enough, I'm nothing more than a con and a liar. My feelings aren't legitimate and I'm not sure if anything I will ever do will be legitimate.

I may as well of died already if all I'll be is ignored and talked down too. Maybe that's what I deserve for thinking that hope was anything more than the dream of the insane.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: wiltingorchid, TheDevilsAngel, goodbye_._ and 6 others
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
It's so sad that for many of those who would truly understand how wretched and miserable we can get the world has shrunk down to a solitary scream of their own pain.

• Aww..
Reactions: wiltingorchid, TheDevilsAngel and AsleepPreference160
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
People are very self-centred, it's best just to avoid others in my opinion as very few people will understand. Your pain and suffering are definitely valid and your feelings are not illegitimate.

• Love
Reactions: wiltingorchid, TheDevilsAngel, goodbye_._ and 2 others
charlotte_

charlotte_

Arcanist
Mar 12, 2023
I'm sorry you have to go through that. The world truly is filled with selfish people. I don't know what advice to give you, I just want to tell you that your feelings are legitimate, for it is authentically yours, not anyone else's, so don't let shitty people make you think otherwise. I hope you find someone better out there

Reactions: wiltingorchid, TheDevilsAngel, betternever2havbeen and 1 other person
dingokettle3531

dingokettle3531

Mar 26, 2023
Never let other people belittle how you feel! How you feel is important to you and that's what matters
Had recently a similar experience and the other person literally told me to fuck off and never talk to them again after I was honest about how I felt and it does hurt at the beginning, but you'll realize that they're simply not worth your time

• Hugs
Reactions: betternever2havbeen
E

endless_pain

Student
Apr 16, 2023
Seemed to me some covert narcissistic behaviour.
I don't know your story, but coming from narcissistic families it's like a magnet for us to attract similar people.
I have had similar experience also recently with one friend I thought I could trust. I am sorry for your experience, like the others said your feelings are outmost valid.
I believe the main issue for some people is to take accountability. But we know for narcissists this is the main issue. Many of them grow in toxic environments and never stop the cycle but keep hurting others

Last edited:
Reactions: goodbye_._, ThatFlyGuy and AsleepPreference160
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Humans certainly can be so cruel and insensitive which is why I see it as being for the best not to open up to other people at all. It's awful how other people can very easily just make things worse as of course so many of them won't even try to understand.

Reactions: AsleepPreference160
ThatFlyGuy

ThatFlyGuy

this sucks
Feb 20, 2023
I can't really drop them though. The thing is this is how all of my friends are, I've tried hiding away my depression for so long they have just assumed that anytime I try to hint at it I must be stupid, the friend I'm talking about keeps sayying I probably just have adhd and autism (and he assumes he can't be wrong as he's read a couple psychology books).

I've told quite a few friends I was suicidal and cut a few years back and I know they've already forgotten because they act like I've never had a single problem in my life compared to them. Hell they go as far to say they can't imagine me having any fucking problems.

It's like this weird "suicidal competition" that everyone's trying to win and just refuses to accept me as even a contestant. I've always been the "third friend" but I'd rather be that then have no friends.

• Hugs
Reactions: betternever2havbeen
B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
@ThatFlyGuy I don't understand people who always want to bring it back to themselves by making out they've had it harder and putting other people down. A friend shouldn't do that. Your problems are just as legitimate, it isn't a competition and no one knows what someone else is going through. A lot of people are like that though, I bet we've all had "what problems do YOU have?" or "there are people far worse off than you" it's very frustrating. Sorry you're not getting the support you deserve from your friends.

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
I hope you don't take it the wrong way, but apparently they have their own problems too. I think you triggered their own traumas and destructive thoughts in them, then it is difficult to help or give energy to others. No one is or can be responsible for other people's happiness, everyone helps themselves best when they search and find the right means for it.

Last edited: