ConfusedHurting2632

ConfusedHurting2632

Student
Dec 22, 2021
Probably sounds like a completely FIRST WORLD PROBLEM compared to most of the problems people post about on here...and it most likely IS, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't still bother THE SHIT out of me...

I'm not even sure this is even about the video games THEMSELVES, but just about how it comes to show there's YET ONE MORE THING I SUCK AT, and it also goes to show HOW INCOMPETENT I AM IN GENERAL.

I'm not sure the specific video games themselves matter, but like I can play a video game all day, get through like 1000 matches against 1000 different people...AND MANAGE TO NOT WIN A SINGLE MATCH. AND SOME OF THOSE MATCHES ARE 100% FLAWLESS VICTORIES WHERE I CAN'T DAMAGE THE OPPONENT EVEN ONCE.

If we're talking fighting games specifically, which I tend to play a lot of, an opponent can spam exclusively SLOW AND RISKY BUT POWERFUL MOVES, and STILL FUCKING WIN because I'm just THAT bad at video games, and EVEN IF THE OTHER PLAYER IS BEING SUPER REPETITIVE I still somehow DON'T learn their patterns...

The way I've been describing it you'd think I'd be NEW TO VIDEO GAMES...WRONG...I'VE BEEN PLAYING VIDEO GAMES SINCE I WAS FUCKING 6, AND I'M 21, ALMOST 22 NOW, AND HAVEN'T IMPROVED ONE BIT...LITERALLY.

FROM LOSING SO MANY MATCHES I'VE PUNCHED A LOT OF HOLES IN MY WALLS AND IN MY DOORS, AS WELL AS PUNCHED MYSELF IN THE HEAD SEVERAL TIMES, AND EVEN SEEM TO HAVE GOTTEN SOME BRAIN DAMAGE FROM IT WHERE I BECAME LOWER FUNCTIONING, BUT I DON'T GIVE A SHIT.

For the record, though this post is about video games, I also suck at...well let's see...MATHEMATICS, SOCIAL STUDIES, WRITING, DRAWING, SINGING, SPORTS OF ANY KIND, COOKING, WORKING OUT, PLAYING AN INSTRUMENT...BASICALLY EVERYTHING, YEAH, I'M GOOD AT LITERALLY NOTHING...YAY...SARCASTIC YAY IF IT WASN'T OBVIOUS.

GOSH I WANNA KILL MYSELF SO FUCKING BAD ALREADY, I JUST NEED TO FIND THE COURAGE AND A METHOD!!!

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV), アホペンギン, TAW122 and 6 others
CrestfallenMima

CrestfallenMima

Staring into the abyss
Dec 28, 2021
You need some Stardew Valley in your life

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: atavanhalen, WantsToJumpAlready, lonegore and 5 others
ConfusedHurting2632

ConfusedHurting2632

Student
Dec 22, 2021
You need some Stardew Valley in your life
Not sure I'm looking for any new recommendations right now, especially since I have trouble getting into new things I'm not already a fan of, but eh, thanks I guess. I guess I'll keep it in the back of my mind in case I'm super bored without anything to do one day.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream and CrestfallenMima
C

Crono

-
Jun 1, 2023
Play games offline, you don't need to know how to play, you just need to have fun. When I played skyrim I just reduced the difficulty when it was hard.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart, CTB Dream and ConfusedHurting2632
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I agree with the others, I would play offline or single player games if it's getting you down. I'm a competitive gamer and I still enjoy those games. You just need to find something that you have fun and isn't frustrating for you.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart, lonegore, scorchie and 3 others
ConfusedHurting2632

ConfusedHurting2632

Student
Dec 22, 2021
second this. play some relaxing games like that or rpgs ^-^
Eh...with how I am, even when it comes to "easy games, offline/single player games, relaxing games, rpgs, etc" I somehow manage to be too incompetent even to properly enjoy those. :/

I've never been declared mentally retarded or anything, but I believe I'm borderline. Otherwise, why would I struggle since childhood with things my peers consider so easy?
Play games offline, you don't need to know how to play, you just need to have fun. When I played skyrim I just reduced the difficulty when it was hard.
Eh...even in the case of offline games or easy mode or whatever, I somehow manage to be too incompetent to even enjoy those. I'm starting to think I'm too mentally challenged to enjoy video games or something...especially since childhood I've always struggled to do the simplest tasks, not just video games.
I agree with the others, I would play offline or single player games if it's getting you down. I'm a competitive gamer and I still enjoy those games. You just need to find something that you have fun and isn't frustrating for you.
In my case, even with offline or single player games I somehow manage to fuck up all the time and not figure out what to do in the game...EVEN IF the instructions of what to do are BLATANTLY plastered all over the screen...I'm starting to think I have a learning disability or something, because it's NOT just video games I suck at and have trouble learning, it's EVERYTHING...though video games are one of the easiest examples to point to.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
Can you give an example of a single player game you're struggling with? They still have to be less frustrating than competitive online games, right? Sometimes losing is fun, you just need to find a game that is the right amount of challenging for you.

Do you like any turn-based games? There's probably some that you can almost win on autopilot on the easiest difficulty.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart, CTB Dream and ConfusedHurting2632
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Any posbl imprv try slow ease 1st ,see vid exmp etc

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart, ConfusedHurting2632 and Crono
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
Whenever i play games, i put them on the easiest settings, my life is painful enough as it is lol.

Im gonna spend that time having enjoyment, not frustration 😀

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep and ConfusedHurting2632
A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
Yeah I'm fucking shit at video games too! I wonder if its my autism. My coordination is really bad. Delayed reactions, and I miss hitting the right buttons. Also I like to do things a certain way, but it's not the best strategy so I lose.

I stopped playing video games years ago. It's just too fucking frustrating. I suggest you just put it out of your head too, and move on. Find other hobbies. Don't fucking torture yourself. It's better to forget about playing and be bored than play, get super frustrated and feel like you want to kill yourself. Honestly. And video games aren't exactly productive. Major waste of time. Find something better to do than the lasers who spend their whole lives playing video games. It's a losers' vice. Even if they win. Get your dopamine hit elsewhere. Stop bloody frustrating yourself to the point of madness. It's obviously just not for you.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Grav, Sweet Tart and ConfusedHurting2632
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
As for online games. Have you tried Runescape? You can hit a lot of 99s in that game, it just takes time. The best thing is that anyone else would consider getting 99s an achievement. I thought of that because I know somebody else that wasn't a gamer before got into Runescape.

• Informative
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, lonegore and ConfusedHurting2632
lonegore

lonegore

Fading clouds
Jul 16, 2023
I happen to have the same problem as well from time to time.

Getting frustrated for every move we miss doesn't help us win the game at all that's for sure. Maybe it's your anger that's messing up your performance? I'm just trying to think of a factor that could affect your in-game performance…Being calm is the number one key from becoming an average-skilled player (I think)

As @Suicidebydeath stated, type of games like MMOs might be more suitable for you (and me :) Is the game you play perhaps sf6? Or maybe SSBU? I'm cheering for you! Please be well.

• Love
Reactions: Sweet Tart, Suicidebydeath and ConfusedHurting2632
HoleintheDark

HoleintheDark

Writhing with the worms
Jul 12, 2023
Sorry to hear just how frustrating this is for you. Sure, it might sound like a first world problem, but it's not actually as trivial as it might seem at first.

Nowadays, video games seem to be the go-to pastime for a lot of people. I can see how you might feel defective for not being able to enjoy them. Do you have peers who talk about their favorite games all the time? I can see how that might frustrate you as well, if you're feeling like you're falling behind by not having the same gaming skills as them.

It's definitely getting harder to find hobbies besides video games, too, since they're waaay too popular now. I hope you're able to find something fun and satisfying to do in your free time from now on :)

• Love
Reactions: ConfusedHurting2632
P

painful existence

Student
Jul 11, 2023
I sucked at COD myself and that made me mad.I stopped played competitive shooters for this reason.I now play single player games mostly

• Love
Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
Is there something you used to get out of video games that you no longer get?

You express yourself clearly and well, so imo you don't suck at everything.

• Love
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Probably sounds like a completely FIRST WORLD PROBLEM compared to most of the problems people post about on here...and it most likely IS, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't still bother THE SHIT out of me...

I'm not even sure this is even about the video games THEMSELVES, but just about how it comes to show there's YET ONE MORE THING I SUCK AT, and it also goes to show HOW INCOMPETENT I AM IN GENERAL.

I'm not sure the specific video games themselves matter, but like I can play a video game all day, get through like 1000 matches against 1000 different people...AND MANAGE TO NOT WIN A SINGLE MATCH. AND SOME OF THOSE MATCHES ARE 100% FLAWLESS VICTORIES WHERE I CAN'T DAMAGE THE OPPONENT EVEN ONCE.

If we're talking fighting games specifically, which I tend to play a lot of, an opponent can spam exclusively SLOW AND RISKY BUT POWERFUL MOVES, and STILL FUCKING WIN because I'm just THAT bad at video games, and EVEN IF THE OTHER PLAYER IS BEING SUPER REPETITIVE I still somehow DON'T learn their patterns...

The way I've been describing it you'd think I'd be NEW TO VIDEO GAMES...WRONG...I'VE BEEN PLAYING VIDEO GAMES SINCE I WAS FUCKING 6, AND I'M 21, ALMOST 22 NOW, AND HAVEN'T IMPROVED ONE BIT...LITERALLY.

FROM LOSING SO MANY MATCHES I'VE PUNCHED A LOT OF HOLES IN MY WALLS AND IN MY DOORS, AS WELL AS PUNCHED MYSELF IN THE HEAD SEVERAL TIMES, AND EVEN SEEM TO HAVE GOTTEN SOME BRAIN DAMAGE FROM IT WHERE I BECAME LOWER FUNCTIONING, BUT I DON'T GIVE A SHIT.

For the record, though this post is about video games, I also suck at...well let's see...MATHEMATICS, SOCIAL STUDIES, WRITING, DRAWING, SINGING, SPORTS OF ANY KIND, COOKING, WORKING OUT, PLAYING AN INSTRUMENT...BASICALLY EVERYTHING, YEAH, I'M GOOD AT LITERALLY NOTHING...YAY...SARCASTIC YAY IF IT WASN'T OBVIOUS.

GOSH I WANNA KILL MYSELF SO FUCKING BAD ALREADY, I JUST NEED TO FIND THE COURAGE AND A METHOD!!!
I'm sorry to hear that and any reason (or lack thereof) is valid. I suck at a lot of things in life too, and sometimes I just do enough to be semi-decent at something where I work much harder and exert more effort than others just to end up mediocre at best. With respect to fighting games and many other genres that aren't MMO, RPG, turn-based, retro-FPS (first person shooter) or certain platformers (even then I still kind of suck at 3D-platforms, never was good at the 3D games), yes, I absolutely SUCK ass at them, and as far as competitive player versus player games, I'm terrible. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll never be great at those games and never cared to be "good" at them as I was never really interested in those types of games or elements that include those. I'm not sure there is much I can offer except to say that I also suck at various video games and I'm mediocre (at best) of the genres that I do enjoy.

I also sometimes feel an urge to CTB whenever I get frustrated at gaming (or just about any activity in life) too..

Last edited:
  • Love
aubrey!

aubrey!

internet angel
Mar 11, 2023
It's surprisingly sadly relatable. Most things, games in this context, I really want to improve at I fail to, and if I do have improvement it's only so soon before I hit a most definitely permanent wall.

osu! is an example for me personally, I made decent progress for once in my life but hit a sudden wall. It's been 3 years and my arms and brain are only getting more tired and I'm getting worse.

I usually play to chill a bit nowadays, but it gets to me more than i'd like to admit

• Love
poisontree

poisontree

Jul 20, 2023
someting that made me stop banging my head on the table while playing video games is playing story driven games try playing some visual novels and stuff or Disco Elysium (disco elysium is great, u can fuck up as hard as u want its not a game over its basically part of the gameplay and progresses the story)

• Informative