Scarecrow

Scarecrow

Oct 2, 2020
If legal suicide existed, should there be consultations before and a waiting period? Because while I think, that no one should be forced to stay alive if they don't want to, there really are some people who can be helped by therapy and such... What do you think?

Reactions: whywere and Stick
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Interesting question. My thoughts run towards legal. NOW there would have to be hoops to jump through and a waiting period and maybe 1 last screening/consultation, but after all that then it would be up to the individual.

Reactions: Stick
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
This is something I think about a lot. I think there should be suicide-centers that provide consultation, shelter (for suicidal people who are homeless or need to get away from an abuser), or whaever else a suicidal person might need in case they're having second thoughts, but if they still want to die with all of those things provided they will be allowed to do so.

Reactions: whywere, Stick and Cursed4ever
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
My opinion is that proposed treatments should always be optional and never mandatory, so there should be no necessary waiting period.

Reactions: Zhontafly and Meditation guide
Stick

Stick

Experienced
Aug 31, 2020
Most suicides are impulsive and not like the thought out process that is so common here, so yes I think there should definitely be some sort of waiting period and consultations.

• Love
Reactions: whywere and Scarecrow
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
If legal suicide existed, should there be consultations before and a waiting period? Because while I think, that no one should be forced to stay alive if they don't want to, there really are some people who can be helped by therapy and such... What do you think?
Consult with who? No. No one is going to act as an authority, a couselor, someone to help find a way NOT to do it.
If you want to do it let you do it. No more red tape, suffering, counseling, talking, just hand them the bottle of nembutal.

Just give people a way out for the love of God and stop intervening!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Superdeterminist
Zhontafly

Zhontafly

Student
Jul 16, 2020
Ideally, I say no. Suicide should be as free a choice as what you will choose to drink or eat in a day.
I like the idea of going to a center and paying to have everything prepared for you - a suicide capsule for example that can also act as your casket (Ala Sarco), funeral, grave plot, cremation, financial matters and will. All according to what a person wants, not what government, controlling family or a maniacal obsessive meddling control freak society wants.
The only rules being that you have to be considered an adult to make the decision (So in most countries that's 18 I believe), no illegal requests of course and that you and your family waive all rights to lawsuits against the company assisting you. If you are too young and suffering I think the parents with the child should be allowed to make the choice for assisted death and in the case a child is going to be born deformed or with terrible disabilities the parents should be allowed to terminate the pregnancy late term. A child should not have to be born into this world like that and suffer.It's sick, repulsive and unnecessary!

Reactions: lugerepair and Superdeterminist