• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

M

Maxivee

Dec 4, 2021
So here is my plan- I live in Northern Canada and it's supposed to be veryyyyy cold in a few days (colder than -30 celcius). I can get some Ativan and maybe alcohol and then I will take a bunch of Ativan and some alcohol and just lie out in the cold somewhere remote in the evening. Thoughts?

Reactions: Euthanza, FractalTears, Crazy4u and 2 others
R

Rrrr

Dec 15, 2021
So here is my plan- I live in Northern Canada and it's supposed to be veryyyyy cold in a few days (colder than -30 celcius). I can get some Ativan and maybe alcohol and then I will take a bunch of Ativan and some alcohol and just lie out in the cold somewhere remote in the evening. Thoughts?
If its -30 then I don't see why it would go wrong, dont know if it would be painful for you though but drink till you cant stand haha -30 wow its 0 where I am just now

Reactions: FractalTears, whatevs and LoneMisery
Live Free or Die

Live Free or Die

A wise man can always be found alone.
Jan 12, 2022
I've heard about drunk people passing out on their way home and freezing to death while they slept. They say as hypothermia sets in you get an overwhelming urge to sleep. I have heavily been considering this method. I believe it fits my life and no one would be surprised if they heard this happened to me.

Reactions: Euthanza, FractalTears and LoneMisery
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
I read about this method and I thought it is ok. The issue is people get naked! There were conflicting explanations for it. I personally don't want to be naked after ctb but that's just me

Reactions: whatevs and Foresight
Live Free or Die

Live Free or Die

A wise man can always be found alone.
Jan 12, 2022
I would be fully clothed with a tent. Maybe go camping in a national park, since you can camp anywhere in them. Once you stop moving you will get cold very quickly without any other heat sources.

Reactions: Euthanza
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
I mean I never heard of it as a method. The only thing I have heard about hypothermia is from the dyatlov pass incident. Apparently paradoxical undressing is actually frequent in hypothermia victims. At the last stages, the person may start to feel hot or burning and thus undress. If you plan to go through this method, having alcohol might help as it decreases body temperature.

Reactions: Euthanza, Crazy4u and whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
If what you see in movies is true, it could be a peaceful way to die. Supposedly feeling sleepy and all that. But it sounds too good to be true. You probably feel awful prior to that.

Reactions: Crazy4u
B

Belljar

Nov 13, 2021
If you get rescued you would be in hell thawing out.

PigeonDreamzz

PigeonDreamzz

The broken Pigeon
Feb 3, 2022
On my suicide attempt may 2019 I went into the woods, tied me to a tree and took an overdose of my medication (germany, so this stuff won't kill apparently). It was very cold and also very stormy. I was found after 3 days, half frozen to death, but at another location of the woods (when I woke up I was pretty confused, probably because of the overdose, I also didn't have any time feeling and I managed to escape my rope and crawl further into the forest). I remember the cold. It was horrible. I was just in T-Shirt and sport leggins. I felt on my whole body like my dead cold grandfather felt when I touched him..(I was six yo back then). It is a very unpleasant way. You feel the cold. Even if you are horribly tired, you feel it the whole time, also when you sleep.

• Informative
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
take some heavy sedatives like olanzapine 200mg will knock you out for 24 hours

Reactions: Euthanza
PigeonDreamzz

PigeonDreamzz

The broken Pigeon
Feb 3, 2022
take some heavy sedatives like olanzapine 200mg will knock you out for 24 hours
Won't be enough. I was knocked out for 2 days and didn't die. And it was very cold.

Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
If it's -30 and colder (it would certainly be colder at night), with no protective clothing, and alcohol in the mix—you're toast. If no one discovers you in time that is. If you fast a couple of days beforehand it goes even quicker. If you can get yourself wet it's a matter of hours.

D

Danjor88

Oct 17, 2021
People do not understand hypothermia.

It does NOT have to be in minus temperatures, it only needs to be c.+10C to lower your internal core body temperature enough to kill you.

On this very site there is a story of a woman whose friend fell asleep outdoors in July while drunk and under the influence of drugs - it rained and she died of hypothermia - on a warm summer night.

Minus temperatures is freezing to death, hypothermia is something entirely different.

Aiming at hypothermia in freezing temperatures is fine if it works, if it doesn't then it's amputated fingers and toes and nose and ears etc due to frostbite.

First, alcohol is your friend if you want to die of hypothermia, since it is a vasodilator - look it up - it is why many people who get drunk and pass out in the outdoors succumb to hypothermia.

Second, when you enter the fatal stages of Hypothermia you go through paradoxical undressing - your brain thinks your body is overheating, so you undress.

The final part is when only the hind brain is functioning, the ancient most basic fight or flight system is working, and at this point people try to dig holes with their bare hands to crawl into for shelter.

It does not need to be less than 0C to die of hypothermia, and if you're worried you might fail and want to still have your fingers and toes or a nose or ears or other sticky out bits if you do fail, then above zero is a much better bet.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: achromatic, snowman626, Euthanza and 2 others
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021

It does NOT have to be in minus temperatures, it only needs to be c.+10C to lower your internal core body temperature enough to kill you.

On this very site there is a story of a woman whose friend fell asleep outdoors in July while drunk and under the influence of drugs - it rained and she died of hypothermia - on a warm summer night.

Minus temperatures is freezing to death, hypothermia is something entirely different.

Aiming at hypothermia in freezing temperatures is fine if it works, if it doesn't then it's amputated fingers and toes and nose and ears etc due to frostbite.

First, alcohol is your friend if you want to die of hypothermia, since it is a vasodilator - look it up - it is why many people who get drunk and pass out in the outdoors succumb to hypothermia.

Second, when you enter the fatal stages of Hypothermia you go through paradoxical undressing - your brain thinks your body is overheating, so you undress.

The final part is when only the hind brain is functioning, the ancient most basic fight or flight system is working, and at this point people try to dig holes with their bare hands to crawl into for shelter.

It does not need to be less than 0C to die of hypothermia, and if you're worried you might fail and want to still have your fingers and toes or a nose or ears or other sticky out bits if you do fail, then above zero is a much better bet.
Can you please talk about the risks of trying this method in different temperatures: +5c and -30c? I read that doing it in freezing temperature can cause amputated fingers. Does doing it in +5c temperature have the same?

Thanks!

D

Danjor88

Oct 17, 2021
Can you please talk about the risks of trying this method in different temperatures: +5c and -30c? I read that doing it in freezing temperature can cause amputated fingers. Does doing it in +5c temperature have the same?

Thanks!
If it's not freezing then your fingers, toes, nose, ears, lips, or other bits aren't going to freeze and get frostbite and need cutting off. Or fall off.

Alcohol is a vasodilator - it expands the blood vessels.

Normally in the cold your blood vessels contract, to stop your warm blood reaching your skin and the heat being lost to the air, your body tries to keep the heat in your core through the constriction.

Alcohol expands the blood vessels, allowing your warm blood to reach your skin, so your heat is rapidly lost to the atmosphere.

If you are wet, and especially if there is a breeze, the heat loss to the atmosphere is much faster and you succumb much faster.

Freezing is not a good idea, like if you take a bag of frozen green beans out the freezer - bits can be easily snapped off.

There's no need to do that to yourself.

• Informative
S

stupidldiot

Mar 21, 2022

so in theory this could be done at home in one room with air condition down as low as it will go and wearing wet clothes?

Pain In The Ass

Pain In The Ass

Wizard
Feb 10, 2022
he's saying it will be -30 C not F, just in case that's confusing anyone - there's no way you'd survive that shit, if you took enough benzos and loads of alcohol

Lawrence Oates is one of my 'heros', he died by deliberately walking out into a blizzard so his expedition mates had a chance to get home without him...

• Love
Reactions: Euthanza and bad luck
georgecostanza

georgecostanza

Mar 6, 2022
so in theory this could be done at home in one room with air condition down as low as it will go and wearing wet clothes?
Depends on how patient you are. Technically even 19°C would be sufficient. Would take a while, though.

If it's not freezing then your fingers, toes, nose, ears, lips, or other bits aren't going to freeze and get frostbite and need cutting off. Or fall off.
Non-Freezing Cold Injury (NFCI) can be also quite uncomfortable and require amputation.

Last edited:
Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
I suppose death caused by hypothermia is quite common. I think hypothermic death can be scientifically explored in controlled environment. Idk if any study have done that (hypotermia as cause of death) before.

Hypothermia, defined as a core temperature less than 36°C (96.8°F), is a relatively common occurrence among surgical patients, with an incidence of up to 20%. It is also common in women receiving spinal anesthesia for cesarean delivery, with the incidence reported as high as 91%.

snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019

yes, exactly that is right

heres a hypothermia chart below for an idea of what temperatures you need, and also length of time it takes to CTB. also remember this charts assuming your body is IN WATER, so you will need to find some body of water to sit in for it to work.

Coldwater

i like this method, its not painful (if you choose the warmer temperatures), doesn't make you panic, and you just get sleepy and fall asleep and die.

Cons are if you choose the warmer temperatures it will take hours and hours to work. and if weather is really hot then you might need to wait until it gets colder.

where i live the warmest it gets is Jun, July, and Aug where the high temperature averages 19C
So according to the chart above, even at 19C I will CTB in 2 to 40hrs. If i were to do this I'd aim for around 13C, warm enough that it wont be too uncomfortable, and cold enough that i wont have to wait too long.

so how would i find a body of water to submerge in?

ive thought of a bathtub before, the water is cold enough for sure, the coldest tap setting was 6C when i checked. after submerging into the tub of water the water will get warmer over time due to my body's heat, but i don't think it will ever reach more than maybe 13C to 15C at most, still definitely cold enough to CTB

or i could find some body of water in a secluded forest, like a creek. or maybe buy an inflatable tub off amazon and bring it with me to the forest, then find a way to fill up the tub with water from the creek, and then just get in the tub and enjoy, this tub looks good:

if the creek water is too cold then i could bring a few thermal containers of hot water and just mix it in.

imagine sitting in that tub of 13C water, could watch some movies or listen to music, drink some wine, and expected time of survival is 1-6hrs

i wonder if that would actually work

Last edited:
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
I am no expert but would not this method be rather uncomfortable to the max? ( I hate cold weather with a passion). Maybe if I was drunk or stoned enough.....