• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

poisonedminds

poisonedminds

Student
May 8, 2021
''As your body temperature drops below 26 °C, your heartbeat will become irregular and eventually stop. The moment of death will likely be silent and relatively painless.
A person dying from hypothermia will get into sort of a dreamlike state, drifting in and out of consciousness, and they may have visions of random things, possibly in a state of bliss.''
I've done a bit of research on death by hypothermia and by all accounts, past the first state of shivering and uncomfortable coldness, hypothermia is generally described as a very peaceful and painless death. Hypothermia can be accelerated by alcohol and medications like beta-blockers.

My idea of ctb by hypothermia would include driving into the canadian wilderness, taking a good amount of benzos and narcotics to assure that I will stay asleep during the process, then lay down in nature and enjoy the silence before I pass out from the meds. After that, the body goes through three states of hypothermia before dying, but past the first state, even if I did wake up, the process is described as painless and even peaceful.
I've even read that some people in the final stages of hypothermia may resist medical help (although they had no suicidal intentions at first) because of that peaceful feeling. Hide-and-die behaviour is also commonly described.

I'd love to hear people's thoughts on this method!

• Hugs
Reactions: persimmontea, friendlychinchilla, siray and 2 others
B

boc

Experienced
May 19, 2021
Man, I'm Canadian and I've been cold and it sucks. Not for me. I agree once you go hypothermic you'd be alright but getting there would really really suck. I do see the appeal of dying in nature.

Reactions: sasshimi and poisonedminds
poisonedminds

poisonedminds

Student
May 8, 2021
Man, I'm Canadian and I've been cold and it sucks. Not for me. I agree once you go hypothermic you'd be alright but getting there would really really suck. I do see the appeal of dying in nature.
I'm canadian too, I like the accessibility of this method. I know getting there would suck, that's where the med cocktail comes in and makes me pass out BEFORE i get there.

BottomlessPit

BottomlessPit

Staring at the edge
Apr 28, 2021
I fantasized about this method before I found SS because it was mentioned in "Final Exit". I still think that it can be a peaceful method if one takes enough sleeping pills and the place one chooses is secluded enough. Disappearing into the wilderness and dying in nature is also kinda romantic..

poisonedminds

poisonedminds

Student
May 8, 2021
I fantasized about this method before I found SS because it was mentioned in "Final Exit". I still think that it can be a peaceful method if one takes enough sleeping pills and the place one chooses is secluded enough. Disappearing into the wilderness and dying in nature is also kinda romantic..
Absolutely. I've always fantasized about dying in nature. I want to let nature reclaim my body. I want mushrooms and moss to grow all over my body and living organisms to gain life inside me. I think that would be a wonderful way to thank nature in death.

Reactions: Pookie
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
I have read in several places that it works well in combination with alcohol. There have also been many accidents in this form.

Reactions: poisonedminds
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I've thought of doing something like this a few times.
You know, I would just go to some snowy woods, dig a "well", drink lots of alcohol, get naked, get in the hole and then hopefully die.

Easier said than done I guess, but I really used to want to ctb like that.

Now, I'll probably get SN some day, somehow.

Hugs,

Matt

Reactions: persimmontea and poisonedminds
Broken Buzz

Broken Buzz

Space Ranger
Apr 30, 2021
I experienced hypothermia once on a very cold and snowy hillside. The shivering stage is not to be underestimated, I had to bite on something to stop my teeth from smashing together. Beyond that, I felt rather warm and calm; I'm told I became very quiet, muted and began to act a little irrationally, although nobody has ever really given me a definitive answer as to what that entailed - taking off layers I would have thought.

It certainly sounds peaceful, provided you can find somewhere cold and/or wet enough.

Reactions: persimmontea, poisonedminds and Pookie
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
I'd rather die of hypothermia than die of SN poisoning, hands down. The symptoms of SN are nasty and even if you lose consciousness in 5 minutes, those 5 minutes must feel like eternity.

The problem with hypothermia is that there are so many variables. I have no idea how long it would take for me to die.

Reactions: persimmontea, sasshimi and Broken Buzz
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I haven't really considered this method but I have heard of many accidental deaths lined to this. I love the sound of dying somewhere isolated in nature and I would want my death to be as peaceful as possible. I would be worried about getting found though and the planning associated with it.

Reactions: poisonedminds
L

LansJ70

Student
May 3, 2021
Alcohol opens up your blood vessels and lets the heat (carried by your blood) leave your core and move to the skin, where it's more quickly lost to the atmosphere. Plus it makes you pass out so you don't notice.

This is why so many people are found dead when they've passed out outdoors at night through drinking too much. It doesn't even need to be that cold, like doesn't need to be freezing in winter.

Reactions: persimmontea, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, poisonedminds and 1 other person
enau

enau

Student
Apr 15, 2021
it would be kind of plastic bag freezing method?

stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I'd only be afraid of ...waking up midterm with blue/black fingers or something D:

I'd be too scared to actually do it and irreversibly damage myself - rather go the more expensive route with N.

But thinking about dying in nature on just an overdose/N/F sounds actually kinda nice and ~romantic~