Sing_Me_To_Sleep

Sing_Me_To_Sleep

I'm tired
Jan 24, 2020
Strongly considering this as an option. A bottle of rum, Diazepam, Zopiclone and a dip in a cold river before laying on the bank and hopefully drifting off.
Does anyone have any experience attempting this? Anything that could cause this to fail?
2°C tomorrow night so would this be cold enough?

Reactions: Notcutoutforlife
Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
Hypothermia isn't painful, but it's pretty uncomfortable. But once it settles in, it should be near painless. It takes a long time though, I was outside for 30 minutes in -5 degree weather, with wet clothes, and hypothermia still didn't settle in. 2 degrees Celsius isn't cold enough. It's going to have to be below 0.

Reactions: Sing_Me_To_Sleep
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
I think, 2 degrees may result in long hours. Unless you have a swim from time to time and then return back. Plus swimming in a cold water is not a very pleasant procedure.

Reactions: Sing_Me_To_Sleep
Sing_Me_To_Sleep

Sing_Me_To_Sleep

I'm tired
Jan 24, 2020
I've read it can be quite peaceful after the initial cold shock. The above zero temperature is my concern, maybe the alcohol will let me drown if I stay in the river until exhaustion. Thank you for your inputs.
I've failed hanging too much due to SI and last minute guilt, I just need something passive that could also be mistaken for an accident or 'misadventure'.
I think, 2 degrees may result in long hours. Unless you have a swim from time to time and then return back. Plus swimming in a cold water is not a very pleasant procedure.
I should have at least 12 hours of darkness in my chosen spot and maybe even longer before being noticed.

Reactions: _Minsk
nitrogen

nitrogen

Schrödinger's cat
Nov 5, 2019
An upside of this method is you don't rot and reek of stench even if undiscovered for days. You just turn into an icicle.

Frozen

• Love
Reactions: mesohappy and Sing_Me_To_Sleep
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
I've read it can be quite peaceful after the initial cold shock. The above zero temperature is my concern, maybe the alcohol will let me drown if I stay in the river until exhaustion. Thank you for your inputs.
I've failed hanging too much due to SI and last minute guilt, I just need something passive that could also be mistaken for an accident or 'misadventure'.

I should have at least 12 hours of darkness in my chosen spot and maybe even longer before being noticed.
Oh, I got you. Being in an ice-cold water might be more reliable, but it feels like your skin is burning and body very sore

Sing_Me_To_Sleep

Sing_Me_To_Sleep

I'm tired
Jan 24, 2020
Oh, I got you. Being in an ice-cold water might be more reliable, but it feels like your skin is burning and body very sore
My first thought was just a dip to get wet but if staying in is more effective then that's what I got to do. It's been on my mind a lot and obviously I can't bounce off people in my life as these subjects are considered morbid. So thanks again.
An upside of this method is you don't rot and reek of stench even if undiscovered for days. You just turn into an icicle.

View attachment 26294
Love it

faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
This is how it sometimes looks like. Drowning simulator. You may find it online

Sing_Me_To_Sleep

Sing_Me_To_Sleep

I'm tired
Jan 24, 2020
This is how it sometimes looks like. Drowning simulator. You may find it online

Yeah, drowning looks terrifying. I'd much rather the cold got me. Luckily the river is rather shallow. Do you think if you passed out due to hypothermia the shock of drowning would wake you back up?
Sorry for so many questions.

faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Yeah, drowning looks terrifying. I'd much rather the cold got me. Luckily the river is rather shallow. Do you think if you passed out due to hypothermia the shock of drowning would wake you back up?
Sorry for so many questions.
Sorry, I can't say that.
Once I was likely to drown. I have been long enough underwater and when I stood up it was like I don't feel anything, it is more about hypoxia because the water was warm.

Sing_Me_To_Sleep

Sing_Me_To_Sleep

I'm tired
Jan 24, 2020
Sorry, I can't say that.
Once I was likely to drown. I have been long enough underwater and when I stood up it was like I don't feel anything, it is more about hypoxia because the water was warm.

I see, well thank you for your patience with my questions. I'll likely do some more reading on the subject and think I'll be giving it a go tomorrow.

H

Hopeindeath!

Elementalist
Dec 7, 2019
I see, well thank you for your patience with my questions. I'll likely do some more reading on the subject and think I'll be giving it a go tomorrow.
I wish you peace in whatever you decide.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I have never attempted suicide, but this would be my preferred method if I do. However, I can tell you about my experience of mild hypothermia from cold water while attempting to cross a river in Iceland. The water was fast flowing and its temperature was close to freezing. Air temperate was not warm, but was above freezing. I was knocked off my feet by the current several times, and became thoroughly soaked. I was on a rope, for safety, and my companions eventually dragged me back to shore. By then I was barely able to help myself. You lose your strength very quickly in that situation (so you might not be able to get out of the river if you wait too long). It was not painful, and no more unpleasant than cold water normally is. 2 degrees C would probably be cold enough to die, if you were soaked through, but it would help if there was a wind, or at least some breeze.

However, if you do attempt this method, and especially if you are in good physical condition, you might wish to consider going without food for several days (up to a week) beforehand. That would deplete your body's energy reserves, making a comeback less likely.

A good thing about the sorts of temperatures you suggest (slightly above freezing point) is that if you fail you won't have to deal with the horrors of frostbite.