• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

RecycledAtoms

RecycledAtoms

Electrode
Nov 9, 2019
If this is somewhere in the resources, could someone please post a link for me? I want to know about death by hypothermia. The cold doesn't bother me as I grew up exposed to harsh winters, so I'm familiar with extreme cold weather. Other than the cold, what can I expect? How cold should it be to ensure death? Furthermore, how long (based on how cold it is) will it take before I go unconscious?

Wreck-it-Riley

Wreck-it-Riley

My demon will see me undone
Oct 20, 2019
I have tried this. -20c and i went and tried to sleep in my car with the windows down a bit to stay out of the wind. Lost feelin in my feet and hands before my roommate noticed my shoes and keys were gone but car was on driveway. I dont really remember them coming out to get me or anything, just the pain when my hands started to feel again. it hurt worse warming up than it did getting cold, and that is very painful for the first while.

Main factors are cold and time. Your body is 36c ish and bringing it down even to 30 can be very dangerous. If you go outside in 4-10c, you could die in a few hours if you were naked. If you went out wet in that temperature, you could pass out in 2-30 mins. So anything below freezing will speed the process up. Therefor there is no reliable timeline. Too many factors from what you wear, your weight, the temperature, humidity, wind.

Hypothermia has a pain threshold that is a good indication if its working. When you start, its painful, shivering and tensing up. After a while, you stop shivering and it just hurts a little. Then you start to feel warm. A lot of hypothermia victims are found naked because they thought they were sweating and probably delirious. Then you fall into exhaustion. If you don't get delirium, and save yourself by going inside, you can expect to drift off to sleep pretty painlessly from here.

This is a bad way to try, very long process and SI is stronger with the pain. I had to drug myself pretty heavily.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall and RecycledAtoms
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I think @Wreck-it-Riley said it pretty well. To add to this, if you are doing this, I would recommend getting some alcohol to fight the SI and also maybe feel some more warmth (inside your body) while your body overall core temperature is dropping.

Wreck-it-Riley

Wreck-it-Riley

My demon will see me undone
Oct 20, 2019
I think @Wreck-it-Riley said it pretty well. To add to this, if you are doing this, I would recommend getting some alcohol to fight the SI and also maybe feel some more warmth (inside your body) while your body overall core temperature is dropping.
Actually, Thank you. I forgot to mention that Alcohol will thin the blood, make you feel warmer (the veins in your skin dilate and allow more blood to the surface) and actually speed the process up. And maybe make it more fun? I killed the battery listening to music for the first hour i was out there....

justwhy?

justwhy?

Student
Sep 27, 2019
I've considered this. In the absence of freezing temperatures a large pond or shallow lake would be best in my estimation. And yes plenty of alcohol before and perhaps during - possibility of drowning is a bonus.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I read a story once where a woman constructed a shed in her garden to freeze inside of that winter. The story was sad and it honestly didn't seem like she had much pain. I think she did a few things to speed the process though.

Alcohol is a bad idea though. It will make your body temp lower faster but you'll still freeze slower. The alcohol in your blood does actually prevent freezing to a degree. There's a famous story of a woman who literally froze solid and survived because of alcohol. This article doesn't mention that she consumed alcohol, however there was a medical report that did.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
You don't need very low temperatures to die of hypothermia. Temperatures around freezing point can be lethal, quite quickly, if it is wet and windy. (That is why many people die accidentally of hypothermia in the mountains in Scotland, where it never gets really cold.) And at those temperatures you are not at much risk of painfully cold extremities, or of frostbite if you reawaken (or someone reawakens you).

Reactions: UpsidedownStar