• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Anónimo

Anónimo

Student
Oct 15, 2021
What if I hyperventilate in order to delay the breathing reflex, then hold my breath, then put duct tape in my nose and mouth real quick? Would I technically just lose consciousness and die relatively easy without needing any water?

This would be like the shallow water black out but with no water.

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad and _Minsk
exhausteduntreatable

exhausteduntreatable

Oct 8, 2021
This sounds extremely unpleasant.

Reactions: lobster salad, PeacefulTonic, fox_wannabe and 1 other person
Upvote 2
91Days

91Days

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
Oct 14, 2021
What if I hyperventilate in order to delay the breathing reflex, then hold my breath, then put duct tape in my nose and mouth real quick? Would I technically just lose consciousness and die relatively easy without needing any water?

This is what I was thinking of as backup method
This sounds extremely unpleasant.
You should feel dizzy from hyperventilation and then you hold your breath and put the bag around your head and you should fall unconscious before you need to gasp for air

Last edited:
Reactions: Anónimo
Upvote 0
bed

bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
I tried this a very long time ago as my first ever attempt. I tied my hands behinds my back with ducktape (clearly not well enough). SI ended up just kicking in and i ripped my hands through the duct tape and took off the bag. Ended up with a headache for the day.

Reactions: Anónimo, lobster salad and PeacefulTonic
Upvote 0
Anónimo

Anónimo

Student
Oct 15, 2021
I tried this a very long time ago as my first ever attempt. I tied my hands behinds my back with ducktape (clearly not well enough). SI ended up just kicking in and i ripped my hands through the duct tape and took off the bag. Ended up with a headache for the day.
But did you hyperventilate prior to the attempt?

Upvote 0
hopelessgirl

hopelessgirl

Happy Unbirthday
Oct 12, 2021
I have tried to put a plastic bag over my head several times this week (just to practice), and I almost black out after just 10-15 breaths. I was thinking about combining it with sleeping pills so that the sleeping pills knock me out, and then just before that, when I feel I fall asleep, close the bag.

Reactions: Anónimo and _Minsk
Upvote 0
L

Longman

Student
Jan 9, 2019
I have tried to put a plastic bag over my head several times this week (just to practice), and I almost black out after just 10-15 breaths. I was thinking about combining it with sleeping pills so that the sleeping pills knock me out, and then just before that, when I feel I fall asleep, close the bag.
This method is not reliable, according to "Guide to Self-Chosen and Humane Death" from resourses thread, because even an unconscious person may rip off the bag. Of course, some drugs (like those used for anesthesia during operations) are able to induce a deeper level of sedation and suppress movement ability, but they are most likely unavailable for an ordinary person.
Second, when the plastic bag is used after taking benzodiazepines only, which usually are not lethal, choking will cause frantic movements resembling the wrestling of someone who is drowning.
Only in two of the six reported cases at which a witness was present, it can be assumed that death did result from lack of oxygen due to the plastic bag. Both took unspecified benzodiazepines, put the bag in place and died 15 minutes later.

Upvote 0
bed

bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
But did you hyperventilate prior to the attempt?
i honestly can't remember. If i did, i didn't do it well enough because I didn't experience anything like you did while practicing. It was a poor attempt on my part.

Upvote 0
fox_wannabe

fox_wannabe

Enlightened
Jul 7, 2021

No It won't work because Person always wakes up from hyperventilation induced passing out.

Upvote 0
NormaJeane

NormaJeane

Mar 24, 2021
You will not hyperventilate more than 2-4 minutes, when most people faint because of lack of oxygen.

• Wow
Reactions: Anónimo and lobster salad
Upvote 0
Anónimo

Anónimo

Student
Oct 15, 2021
You will not hyperventilate more than 2-4 minutes, when most people faint because of lack of oxygen.
Idk man I just want to have something as a backup in case I just give up completely. I live with family and they are like 24/7 on me. Can't go out alone, can't have closed doors. I guess I could take a knife and stab my neck in the bathroom, but that would hurt like hell and can't back pedal without having a lot to explain. Duct tape is the only reliable thing lol. Despite the couple minutes of suffering it looks promising idk what you think.

Upvote 0
P

plastic

Jan 16, 2021
I don't know how it works with hyperventilation, but I've found it easier way to suffocate with a plastic bag. I experimented a lot with a plastic bag because that's how I want to die. If you want to avoid this method being so terrible first take a larger bag so that it does not cling to the face when breathing. if you want to avoid prolonged suffocation, take the air with full lungs before putting the bag on your head and tied over neck, put the bag on your head and hold the air as long as you can more. I practiced holding my breath for up to 3 minutes, then I started suffocate in the bag, but it was short. After which I quickly felt dizzy and that I would soon will be pass out.

Upvote 0