N

notthisoutcome

Feb 11, 2021
I do not know where to post this. I am not allowed to use Reddit anymore due to my addiction to it. I'm off social media. I don't know what else to do.

Is anyone else in here super super super sensitive to medications? Like any medication? I can't find anything online about what I'm experiencing and all the doctors think I am crazy.

Like, if there's a rare side effect, I get it. And I get side effects at the lowest dose of most drugs to where I need to cut pills into 4ths and 8ths ... like slivers basically.. just to avoid side effects. People think I'm making it up. It happens mostly when I try to go to bed. Sometimes it has also happened in the day but it's mostly night time.

Like I had 15-17 mg of Zinc today. That's a lot but it's not above the recommended "no more than 40 mg" -- I'm stupid. I ate Zinc gluconate losenges because they tasted good not because i have a cold. Because i"m literally a sugar addict and have now begun sneaking sugar through cough drops and losenges. Why the fuck am I so addicted to sugar? That's a topic for another day.

Anyway I'm having a lot of symptoms of Zinc toxicity...kind of. And I felt totally normal and happy when I went to bed so there's literally no reason this should be just a panic attack. When the nurse line person asks me questions about my symptoms, I can't answer her clearly because I know that however much I'm freaking out will determine the course of action, not the actual truth. She just reads off of an online questionnaire that she's supposed to ask me. I just wanted to know -- can this kill me or should I wait it out? How long will it take? Is there anything I can do to help it along? She couldn't answer me. Why bother calling? She'll just say call 911 or call poison control, who will tell me to call 911. Everyone's answer is call 911.

I DON'T WANT TO CALL 911. I want help to avoid calling 911. I want to know if it's really an emergency before I call 911. I don't want flashing lights and paramedics crashing through my front door with a stretcher unless I need it. The neighbors already know me as the chick who got hauled off to a mental hospital once by the cops, and they stare when the ambulance pulls up. My husband is so sick of all my medication side effects. Everyone thinks i'm crazy. I wish there was something in between a hotline that tells you to call 911, and 911. Like a mobile doctor unit that can come check you out WITHOUT all the emergency flashing lights and chaos. I don't want people to make a big deal if it's not a big deal and I can't tell if it's a big deal or not because I AM NOT A DOCTOR.

I tell the doctor that I get intolerable dizziness and foggyheadedness. Honestly, I can't tell them this but the BEST description is-- it's like I'm tripping on LSD. That's what most meds make me feel like. Weird. Just weird and drugged. And I try to find socially acceptable words to explain the feeling. If I tell them "it feels like I'm tripping balls" that will not help my credibility as a patient. So I say things like "I feel dizzy. I feel lightheaded. I feel drugged" None of those are accurate. I feel partially like I'm stoned, where the pressure on my head is pushing in from outside and inside at the same time, that the world looks normal but also distorted but still normal...sometimes my hearing feels muffled but its also perfectly fine because I watch videos to prove to myself I am not going deaf. WHAT IS THIS???? Can fucking zinc losenges cause this? Everything was normal until I took those.

Is anyone in here a doctor? Medical student? Smart person? What the fuck is this disorder that I have where I have to take tiny subtherapeutic doses of almost all medications just to avoid being incapacitated by bizarre unexplainable head symptoms? Any time there's a new pill -- from a vitamin supplement to a mental health drug -- it's always a fucking rollercoaster. I'm 40 years old and I've been like this since I was a small child. My parents had no idea what to do either. Like, I recall this happening as early as 7 years old when I took cold medicine and hallucinated that there were demons in my bedroom and vomit running down the walls. But they are actually rarely true hallucinations. I don't usually see things or hear things that aren't there. It's just that my perception of the world feels "off." Milder versions were that my fingers would suddenly feel very boney and skeletal....I would feel just very...WEIRD. There is no good word for this in a medical textbook that I'm aware of so that's why I can't explain it to doctors.

This is a nightmare for my life and I need help so bad. I don't know where to turn. Maybe someone on here has the answer.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest and Rabhen
http-410

http-410

nowhere
Sep 12, 2020
I'm not a doctor and not a smart person and maybe biased by my own condition, but feeling dizzy, drugged, and your distorted perception of your surroundings sounds like DP/DR (dissociation) to me, which can be a symptom of an anxiety disorder (but can also have other causes, like stress, trauma, drugs, lack of sleep and so on). This would also explain why the symptoms worsen at night. One lies around and concentrates on oneself. Sugar makes everything worse.

As I said, I'm not a doctor and can only speculate.

N

notthisoutcome

Feb 11, 2021
I'm not a doctor and not a smart person and maybe biased by my own condition, but feeling dizzy, drugged, and your distorted perception of your surroundings sounds like DP/DR (dissociation) to me, which can be a symptom of an anxiety disorder (but can also have other causes, like stress, trauma, drugs, lack of sleep and so on). This would also explain why the symptoms worsen at night. One lies around and concentrates on oneself. Sugar makes everything worse.

As I said, I'm not a doctor and can only speculate.
Thank you.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you šŸ•Æļø Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Yeah. I didn't notice it at first because my life was mostly just advil for headaches but once I started taking antipsychotics I did. I always start out on a below average dose because of this and monitor myself closely.

Rabhen

Rabhen

Isolated Loner
Dec 17, 2021
I do not know where to post this. I am not allowed to use Reddit anymore due to my addiction to it. I'm off social media. I don't know what else to do.

Is anyone else in here super super super sensitive to medications? Like any medication? I can't find anything online about what I'm experiencing and all the doctors think I am crazy.

Like, if there's a rare side effect, I get it. And I get side effects at the lowest dose of most drugs to where I need to cut pills into 4ths and 8ths ... like slivers basically.. just to avoid side effects. People think I'm making it up. It happens mostly when I try to go to bed. Sometimes it has also happened in the day but it's mostly night time.

Like I had 15-17 mg of Zinc today. That's a lot but it's not above the recommended "no more than 40 mg" -- I'm stupid. I ate Zinc gluconate losenges because they tasted good not because i have a cold. Because i"m literally a sugar addict and have now begun sneaking sugar through cough drops and losenges. Why the fuck am I so addicted to sugar? That's a topic for another day.

Anyway I'm having a lot of symptoms of Zinc toxicity...kind of. And I felt totally normal and happy when I went to bed so there's literally no reason this should be just a panic attack. When the nurse line person asks me questions about my symptoms, I can't answer her clearly because I know that however much I'm freaking out will determine the course of action, not the actual truth. She just reads off of an online questionnaire that she's supposed to ask me. I just wanted to know -- can this kill me or should I wait it out? How long will it take? Is there anything I can do to help it along? She couldn't answer me. Why bother calling? She'll just say call 911 or call poison control, who will tell me to call 911. Everyone's answer is call 911.

I DON'T WANT TO CALL 911. I want help to avoid calling 911. I want to know if it's really an emergency before I call 911. I don't want flashing lights and paramedics crashing through my front door with a stretcher unless I need it. The neighbors already know me as the chick who got hauled off to a mental hospital once by the cops, and they stare when the ambulance pulls up. My husband is so sick of all my medication side effects. Everyone thinks i'm crazy. I wish there was something in between a hotline that tells you to call 911, and 911. Like a mobile doctor unit that can come check you out WITHOUT all the emergency flashing lights and chaos. I don't want people to make a big deal if it's not a big deal and I can't tell if it's a big deal or not because I AM NOT A DOCTOR.

I tell the doctor that I get intolerable dizziness and foggyheadedness. Honestly, I can't tell them this but the BEST description is-- it's like I'm tripping on LSD. That's what most meds make me feel like. Weird. Just weird and drugged. And I try to find socially acceptable words to explain the feeling. If I tell them "it feels like I'm tripping balls" that will not help my credibility as a patient. So I say things like "I feel dizzy. I feel lightheaded. I feel drugged" None of those are accurate. I feel partially like I'm stoned, where the pressure on my head is pushing in from outside and inside at the same time, that the world looks normal but also distorted but still normal...sometimes my hearing feels muffled but its also perfectly fine because I watch videos to prove to myself I am not going deaf. WHAT IS THIS???? Can fucking zinc losenges cause this? Everything was normal until I took those.

Is anyone in here a doctor? Medical student? Smart person? What the fuck is this disorder that I have where I have to take tiny subtherapeutic doses of almost all medications just to avoid being incapacitated by bizarre unexplainable head symptoms? Any time there's a new pill -- from a vitamin supplement to a mental health drug -- it's always a fucking rollercoaster. I'm 40 years old and I've been like this since I was a small child. My parents had no idea what to do either. Like, I recall this happening as early as 7 years old when I took cold medicine and hallucinated that there were demons in my bedroom and vomit running down the walls. But they are actually rarely true hallucinations. I don't usually see things or hear things that aren't there. It's just that my perception of the world feels "off." Milder versions were that my fingers would suddenly feel very boney and skeletal....I would feel just very...WEIRD. There is no good word for this in a medical textbook that I'm aware of so that's why I can't explain it to doctors.
IN

This is a nightmare for my life and I need help so bad. I don't know where to turn. Maybe someone on here has the answer.
First, sugar is more addictive than cocaine, I am detoxing from that now, for a little over a week now, about two and half more weeks to go, by next week the withdraw symptoms should not be as bad and by the end of the month the cravings will disappear. Yes, it takes a FULL 30 with not a grain of sugar to detox from it and the very second you introduce it back into your diet it can and will start the craving cycle right back up.
Second, Zinc, yeah I did that. Headaches and sick stomach, yuck. Stop taking it immediately and do not take anything with zinc in it again for at least a couple week. My husband and I went through this together at the start of covid as we added it to strenghthen our immune systems. We both got the same kind of sick at the same time and were able to figure it was the zinc becuase withing 20 minutes taking it the headaches and nausea started. We both felt better with 24 hours.
Third but MOST important-----
You are NOT the only person who has terrible drug reactions. No, I am not a doctor, but absolutely everything you have described, I have experienced and worse. I have been rushed to the er needing benedryl because medications will cause my throat to close. There is not a single pain killer I can take that does not almost kill me. When I HAVE to I can take percocette for a couple days at low doses, but it does nothing for the pain and the nausea and hives are worse to deal with than the pain.
First, sugar is more addictive than cocaine, I am detoxing from that now, for a little over a week now, about two and half more weeks to go, by next week the withdraw symptoms should not be as bad and by the end of the month the cravings will disappear. Yes, it takes a FULL 30 with not a grain of sugar to detox from it and the very second you introduce it back into your diet it can and will start the craving cycle right back up.
Second, Zinc, yeah I did that. Headaches and sick stomach, yuck. Stop taking it immediately and do not take anything with zinc in it again for at least a couple week. My husband and I went through this together at the start of covid as we added it to strenghthen our immune systems. We both got the same kind of sick at the same time and were able to figure it was the zinc becuase withing 20 minutes taking it the headaches and nausea started. We both felt better with 24 hours.
You are NOT the only person who has terrible drug reactions. No, I am not a doctor, but absolutely everything you have described, I have experienced and worse. I have been rushed to the er needing benedryl because medications will cause my throat to close. There is not a single pain killer I can take that does not almost kill me. When I HAVE to I can take percocette for a couple days at low doses, but it does nothing for the pain and the nausea and hives are worse to deal with than the pain.
Now, lets talk about allergies. Have you been tested for wheat and apple allergies? Wheat and apples are put into EVERYTHING, processed foods and medications. I am not a true celicac, though my medic alert bracelet the doc gave me says I am, I am in truth only a gluten sensitive, sometimes I can actually eat some things with wheat and not need benedryl. Apples, will kill me.
It my not be the drugs so much as it is the fillers they use to produce them,
I do also have neurological conditions, I am autistic, which makes taking medications and eating certain foods problematic to begin with, I also have Ehler Danlos Syndrome, probably agian , linking back to the autism, but there are others in my family with the same condition that are not autistic.
Allergies would be the first thing I would look at and fuck your doctors. Find an integrative doctor that understands natural medicines. I simply refuse to take anything. I can take aspirin and weed and that is pretty much it, I cannot even take paracetemol or penecillin.
If your doctors are not listening to you, then find another doctor, explain, before you go, the problems you are having with docs not listening, go in with a list of symptoms, reactions and questions. They tried to tell me that I just needed to keep taking stuff I was having allergic reactions to until I ended up in the er and took charge of my own body. If it is making you sick, don't take it. If you are being forced, find a lawyer that specializes in that kind of thing. I was fortunate and my father stepped in when I was a child and made them stop medicating me, then suddenly I was better, hmmmmm.
Go see a naturalpathic doctor, go see a chinese medicine doctor, go see an aurevedic doctor.
You are not crazy, you are not like every single other of the 8billion humans on the planet either, you are unique and your doctors need to recognize and respect that.
Now, lets talk about allergies. Have you been tested for wheat and apple allergies? Wheat and apples are put into EVERYTHING, processed foods and medications. I am not a true celicac, though my medic alert bracelet the doc gave me says I am, I am in truth only a gluten sensitive, sometimes I can actually eat some things with wheat and not need benedryl. Apples, will kill me.
I do also have neurological conditions, I am autistic, which makes taking medications and eating certain foods problematic to begin with, I also have Ehler Danlos Syndrome, probably agian , linking back to the autism, but there are others in my family with the same condition that are not autistic.
Allergies would be the first thing I would look at and fuck your doctors. Find an integrative doctor that understands natural medicines. I simply refuse to take anything. I can take aspirin and weed and that is pretty much it, I cannot even take paracetemol or penecillin.
If your doctors are not listening to you, then find another doctor, explain, before you go, the problems you are having with docs not listening, go in with a list of symptoms, reactions and questions. They tried to tell me that I just needed to keep taking stuff I was having allergic reactions to until I ended up in the er and took charge of my own body. If it is making you sick, don't take it. If you are being forced, find a lawyer that specializes in that kind of thing. I was fortunate and my father stepped in when I was a child and made them stop medicating me, then suddenly I was better, hmmmmm.
Go see a naturalpathic doctor, go see a chinese medicine doctor, go see an aurevedic doctor.
You are not crazy, you are not like every single other of the 8billion humans on the planet either, you are unique and your doctors need to recognize and respect that.

BTW, I am 58 and had the trouble with medications and allergies since I was at least 4, possibly earlier.

Last edited:
Reactions: _Seeking
bluedream

bluedream

Sep 15, 2019
i experience debilitating side effects from antidepressants and antipsychotics my doctors put me on, and theyve straight up told me if i want to get better i have to deal with the side effects, despite the side effects making as hard as or harder to do things than the disorder they treat.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Crazy4u, demuic, _Seeking and 1 other person
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
i experience debilitating side effects from antidepressants and antipsychotics my doctors put me on, and theyve straight up told me if i want to get better i have to deal with the side effects, despite the side effects making as hard as or harder to do things than the disorder they treat.
That makes me SO angry for you. I'm like tearing up. I've been gaslit one too many times by medical professionals and I hate to hear someone going through that. I recommend you wean off those medications, I'm sorry. There are medicines that worked for me and I never saw improvement with the awful ones I was told to stay on.

I have Mast Cell Activation Syndrome which makes me hypersensitive to medications. I've had significant improvement with Allegra and quercetin.

• Hugs
Reactions: Crazy4u, demuic, _Seeking and 1 other person
_Seeking

_Seeking

I'm only here for this moment
Dec 16, 2021
I have MCAS and Ehlers-Danlos hypermobile type (they are often comorbid), and I'm also hypersensitive to meds. I take Cromolyn, which is a Mast Cell stabilizer, and it helps me to tolerate things better without as many reactions.

• Hugs
Reactions: bluedream and Foresight