sick.faery

sick.faery

Mar 18, 2021
my mental problems make it kinda hard for me to really stay consistent when it comes to stuff like skincare & hygiene (i know this sounds bad...) and i'm really tired of it. Like i really really want nice clean clear skin, pretty & clean hair, nice white teeth, to be clean and everything all the time but i just can't :/ like i try all the time to keep up, but often i can't manage to really to care for myself like that at all.
So i'm wondering if anyone here got any tips/hacks on how to get all that type of stuff done everyday, even when you feel like utter shit?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Silenos, NumbItAll, MeltedJello and 3 others
porhtna

porhtna

bad rng.
Dec 1, 2021
I'd say no need to push yourself too hard or feel guilty for not doing anything, but I understand physical state and mental state can feed into each other... My advice is to try and get out a little. I know it sounds super cliche and can be incredibly hard to do a lot of times, but even just get out of the door for five minutes can give you a purpose for tidying up, and the sense of accomplishment from doing as little as that can sometimes pull you out of that downward spiral as far as I am concerned. Good luck <3.

Reactions: MeltedJello, Cold, demuic and 2 others
Harriet

Harriet

Nov 24, 2021
I mean it seems an obvious thing to say but I find every boring chore is taken to a whole new level just by having banging music on, be it house-work, putting make up on, having a bath, whatever. It always motivates me.

• Love
Reactions: Silenos and porhtna
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I don't think a lot is needed for those goals. 1. Switch pillow cases. 2. Shower. 3. Brush teeth.

Sure, they are still activities, so if we can't get out of bed those things will be impossible.

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
my mental problems make it kinda hard for me to really stay consistent when it comes to stuff like skincare & hygiene (i know this sounds bad...) and i'm really tired of it. Like i really really want nice clean clear skin, pretty & clean hair, nice white teeth, to be clean and everything all the time but i just can't :/ like i try all the time to keep up, but often i can't manage to really to care for myself like that at all.
So i'm wondering if anyone here got any tips/hacks on how to get all that type of stuff done everyday, even when you feel like utter shit?
I like facial wipes for a quick and easy cleanse in the morning, and then I've been using an acne face wash in the shower in the evening. Not sure if that's helpful but maybe if you start to see some results then that could itself be motivating. I also love retinol because it's like a miracle cure for every skin problem and has made my skin clear and dewy. You have to use it consistently for it to work so that could be another motivating factor.

For hair, maybe like a sea salt spray to quickly get some cool waves.

And for teeth, this mouthwash actually made my teeth whiter within a week of using it. I'm sure it's not as good as an expensive kit or professional whitening but it's super convenient.

Of course, like others said, it's hard to stick to a routine and do chores if you are depressed, but those are the easiest ways I've found to do those things.

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
I can't live withoutmy electric tooth brush. I have a tiny obsession when it comes to oral hygiene and this is a life saver. Most days I can't lift or move my arms, so without my electric brush I would not be able to take care of my teeth properly.

Please be kind to yourself. Fighting mental illness is a full time job, sometimes there is no energy left for anything else.

I'm sending you lots of warm hugs and all my compassion ❤️

4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
Everyone always recommends that I simply use a paper bag over my head. They say it compliments my skin tone. At least I don't have to comb my hair anymore.

Reactions: rationaltake