• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

N

nbn

Student
Nov 3, 2019
Hello Guys,

I have recently read about the H2S suicide method. It really looks peaceful and with almost 100% success rate. But, what i dont understand is the frequency of this suicide. There are very few cases all over the world. Do u guys have any idea.

Reactions: Loner
rntmss

rntmss

Taking it one day at a time
Feb 7, 2020
It was very popular in Asia about 15 or so years ago.

I've comtemplated this method myself, but the risk of hurting random nearby persons or first responders isn't worth it IMO.

H

Heady_Cerebrum

Jan 24, 2020
It is extremely dangerous to those around you and potentially those who find you. By the time they realize there's a risk they could be dead. It's an extremely dangerous gas.

Reactions: Lastsauce
F

Finallyatpeace

Feb 6, 2020
I haven't heard about this and just researched it. Sounds like a quick, easy way to go. I think if you took precautions (some cases mentioned the victims leaving notes about there being a toxic gas), then it would be fine. If you just did it and didn't make some effort to protect others, then that's a problem

N

nbn

Student
Nov 3, 2019
It is extremely dangerous to those around you and potentially those who find you. By the time they realize there's a risk they could be dead. It's an extremely dangerous gas.
MOst of the people who did this method put the warning labels. I dont think it will be dangerous to anyone if they see the warning labels.There were no cases of any injuries to first responders from the h2s suicide victims.
It was very popular in Asia about 15 or so years ago.

I've comtemplated this method myself, but the risk of hurting random nearby persons or first responders isn't worth it IMO.
Only in Japan. I am wondering why the use of method dropped suddenly after 2008 eventhough the information regarding this available on the internet
Hello Guys,

I have recently read about the H2S suicide method. It really looks peaceful and with almost 100% success rate. But, what i dont understand is the frequency of this suicide. There are very few cases all over the world. Do u guys have any idea.
The cost for the ingredients is relatively cheap, no risk of failure, painless, no need to go to the doctor to get any antiemetics

Last edited:
UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
MOst of the people who did this method put the warning labels. I dont think it will be dangerous to anyone if they see the warning labels.There were no cases of any injuries to first responders from the h2s suicide victims.

Only in Japan. I am wondering why the use of method dropped suddenly after 2008 eventhough the information regarding this available on the internet

The cost for the ingredients is relatively cheap, no risk of failure, painless, no need to go to the doctor to get any antiemetics

First responders can get injured or killed, even with warning signs: (see "From the CDC," below)

1.) The chemical reaction produces a lot of heat and water. Steam will form on the inside of windows and can destroy signs or make them hard to read.

2.) H2S is not well understood and the sulfur sinks so that a yellow river of it often drains under the car. It is not possible to seal the underside of a car.

Also, your corpse is HAZMAT (harardous waste) and this will limit options for your last wishes.

Your skin, particularly the area around your mouth and/or nose, will likely turn yellow and/or grey.

You car is totaled and is also HAZMAT.

There is plenty of chance of failure and plenty of risk. It does not always make you pass out on the first breath and your SI may make you open the door. This is, essentially, using a chemical weapon against yourself. An additional risk is the chance of other compounds being formed. If done incorrectly, hydrogen cyanide can form and assure you a horrid, terrible death.

From the CDC:

Results: Five of the nine states participating in NTSIP reported a total of 22 chemical suicide incidents or attempted suicides during 2011-2013. These states reported a total of 43 victims: 15 suicide victims who died, seven people who attempted suicide but survived, eight responders, and four employees working at a coroner's office; the remainder were members of the general public. None of the injured responders reported receiving HazMat technician-level training, and none had documented appropriate personal protective equipment.

Please don't do this. There are plenty of methods that do not place others at this kind of risk.

ETA: The reason it was popular in Japan but not other places is that the chemicals required were easily available in household cleaning products there, hence the name "detergent suicide." Those formulations have since been changed, which largely accounts for the dropoff in deaths. For a while, when this was popular, the ingredients needed to make the "soup" were very tough to get through the large retail and auction sites, much as other chemicals are getting tough to find today.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Heady_Cerebrum
N

nbn

Student
Nov 3, 2019
First responders can get injured or killed, even with warning signs: (see "From the CDC," below)

1.) The chemical reaction produces a lot of heat and water. Steam will form on the inside of windows and can destroy signs or make them hard to read.

2.) H2S is not well understood and the sulfur sinks so that a yellow river of it often drains under the car. It is not possible to seal the underside of a car.

Also, your corpse is HAZMAT (harardous waste) and this will limit options for your last wishes.

Your skin, particularly the area around your mouth and/or nose, will likely turn yellow and/or grey.

You car is totaled and is also HAZMAT.

There is plenty of chance of failure and plenty of risk. It does not always make you pass out on the first breath and your SI may make you open the door. This is, essentially, using a chemical weapon against yourself. An additional risk is the chance of other compounds being formed. If done incorrectly, hydrogen cyanide can form and assure you a horrid, terrible death.

From the CDC:

Results: Five of the nine states participating in NTSIP reported a total of 22 chemical suicide incidents or attempted suicides during 2011-2013. These states reported a total of 43 victims: 15 suicide victims who died, seven people who attempted suicide but survived, eight responders, and four employees working at a coroner's office; the remainder were members of the general public. None of the injured responders reported receiving HazMat technician-level training, and none had documented appropriate personal protective equipment.

Please don't do this. There are plenty of methods that do not place others at this kind of risk.

ETA: The reason it was popular in Japan but not other places is that the chemicals required were easily available in household cleaning products there, hence the name "detergent suicide." Those formulations have since been changed, which largely accounts for the dropoff in deaths. For a while, when this was popular, the ingredients needed to make the "soup" were very tough to get through the large retail and auction sites, much as other chemicals are getting tough to find today.

Can u share the link where u found the 22 chemical suicide info.

I have seen that there are no survivors .9 people attempted and all of them died.

Ten incidents of chemical suicide or attempted suicide in automobiles were reported: one in 2006, one in 2007, four in 2009, and four in 2010. The 10 incidents occurred in six states (Connecticut, Florida, New York, North Carolina, Utah, and Washington) and resulted in nine deaths of suicide victims (one person began a suicide attempt but aborted the effort) and injuries to four law enforcement officers who arrived on the scene. Two of the law enforcement officers experienced respiratory irritation; symptoms were not available for the other two. None of the four law enforcement officers wore personal protective equipment; however, two had received HazMat training.

UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
It is a pdf from the CDC. The numbers are from 2011-2013, which is likely more recent than what you are looking at.

I'm not having any luck pasting a link here, but try a quick google search on "chemical suicides cdc stacks."