• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

deepinlimbo

deepinlimbo

I want to Insert something profound here
May 30, 2021
I know it doesn't resolve anything but it can maybe take the pain from 100 to 90. Obviously anything to help is better. It's certainly better to laugh than to cry I guess

• Love
Reactions: Heartaches, brutalus, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
Yes, humor and other silly things. Don't take life too seriously. Constantly drowning in negativity will make things much worse. That's why I browse some stupid celebrity gossip sites and watch weird parodies on youtube - to distract myself, to forget, to give my brain a rest.

Reactions: Heartaches, Huntfish34, Red and 2 others
Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
My guilty pleasure atm is watching Kitboga videos on YouTube - it can be a bit triggering to hear scammers and their tactics against the old and vulnerable, but so deliciously satisfying and hilarious to watch/hear him waste their time and give them the runaround for hours at a time!

Humour is an age old coping mechanism- some of the best comedians suffer/suffered with depression and mental illness and this fuels their unique view of the world!

I always think of poor Robin Williams when this subject comes up - he gave joy to so many but when it came to himself he lost the battle in the end. That's the sadder end of the spectrum; many more have been saved by humour and comedy!

I think it's not only more attractive and acceptable to people around us if we laugh and joke about our plight instead of being consumed by the sadness but also healthy to see the lighter side, even if it's in shades of grey humour. Shows strength in the face of adversity, being able to laugh in the face of calamity and woe.

Also it's kind of like flipping the bird at depression lol :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, boc, western_heart and 1 other person
B

boc

Experienced
May 19, 2021
  • Yay!
Reactions: brutalus, motel rooms, Huntfish34 and 3 others
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Some of the old Firesign Theater albums were pretty funny. I think you can find them on Youtube.

L

luten

work, love, and learn
Feb 25, 2021
i use it all the time.

Reactions: Red
kappa

kappa

Experienced
Apr 2, 2019
I like stand up comedy, I try to not watch anything sappy or love related.

Almost prefer podcasts (most that I watch are comedians, but some I just find funny). It's more casual and kind of nice to watch two people converse. I think it kind of helps with loneliness to hear human conversation, and it makes me laugh.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Sad Eric Cartman GIF by South Park