W

Whole-Ad

Student
Apr 4, 2021
So tired of seeing people who think that they are more important than they actually are. None of us are important. Humans tend to think that they are superior, the most intelligent. We think that we are more important than we actually are, that we have some sort of amazing and undiscovered purpose to our lives. We can't just be here for no reason right? Wrong. In reality, there is nothing. We are simply existing to keep existing, just like every other single fucking living thing on this planet, nothing special. Thing is, we are the only animal that is really aware of the fact we are going to die, and that the Earth is going to die. Yet, we're still so selfish that we do nothing to help our planet, we'd rather waste our time doing things we deem as important and that we equally know is destroying our planet. We know that in the grand scheme of things, our universe is so wide and indifferent so we literally have no significance whatsoever. Some people just accept this, and I believe that is the majority of us here on SS. But why are some people refusing to accept this, why do they believe that THEIR life is way too important to be for nothing?

You see, every other animal just gets on with it, because unlike us, they don't have the capacity to question everything. They don't desire or attempt to seek the answers to what their purpose is, or what actually is out their in the universe, how the world as we know it just came from nothing etc. The qualities that we believe make us superior actually make us weak. Our developed brains are not a gift, instead they are a curse.

Sorry just needed to rant about this. So tired of people thinking they are special, we are all the same. None of us have any real purpose. Sure, we are all important to our families/those who know us, in some way, but in terms of existence in its entirety, we are nothing.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Lost Magic, ithappens and 6 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
The more I think, the more suicidal I become.

Reactions: ithappens, ShutUpEli, DarkWolf and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I can relate.
How can we be important in such a vast universe?
We're probably as worthy as ants.
Also, probably, no aliens have come here because we're like some kind of apes for them. They just got fed up with observing us.

Other animals, instead, are really awesome. They don't lie. They just do what they have to do.

My dog is the best guy I've ever known.

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Cherry Crumpet, DarkWolf and 1 other person
W

watchingthewheels

Enlightened
Jan 23, 2021
"Humans are pathetic."
"I am a human."
"Therefore, I am pathetic."

• Yay!
Reactions: Symbiote and Whole-Ad
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
I agree, humans suck. I reckon if there was no humans and cats ran the world it'd be a much better place.

Reactions: Whole-Ad
W

Whole-Ad

Student
Apr 4, 2021
I agree, humans suck. I reckon if there was no humans and cats ran the world it'd be a much better place.
I'm more of a dog person, not going to lie, but I agree.

Something that I didn't say quite clearly in the original post is that we are supposed to be the most intelligent on this Earth, yet all we do is cause problems that we either can't seem to fix, or can't be bothered to fix. Nothing else is going to fix it for us, what we expect sheep to end world hunger, or ants to fix global warming? It's up to us, yet we are selfish as fuck and just don't care enough. We accept that we will die soon, and pass it on as the next generations problem.

Reactions: ClownMe
W

watchingthewheels

Enlightened
Jan 23, 2021
oof glad, I am a bucket filled with chicken
"I am a bucket filled with chicken."
"Bucket chicken is finger-lickin' good."
"Therefore, I am finger-lickin' good."

:)
I'm more of a dog person, not going to lie, but I agree.

Something that I didn't say quite clearly in the original post is that we are supposed to be the most intelligent on this Earth, yet all we do is cause problems that we either can't seem to fix, or can't be bothered to fix. Nothing else is going to fix it for us, what we expect sheep to end world hunger, or ants to fix global warming? It's up to us, yet we are selfish as fuck and just don't care enough. We accept that we will die soon, and pass it on as the next generations problem.
"The word "We" is as lime poured over men, which sets and hardens to stone, and crushes all beneath it, and that which is white and that which is black are lost equally in the grey of it."
-Ayn Rand, ANTHEM

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Odwin and Whole-Ad
D

Deformationalplagio

Born deformed
Dec 28, 2019
Pretty sure whales, dolphins and chimpanzees are also aware of death as they have rather high intelligence too.

Reactions: ithappens, demuic and Whole-Ad
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I am ashamed to be human. I agree with what you said, people are just in denial that they exist for the sake of existing. People can try and attach meaning to their lives but death just takes it all away.

Reactions: puppet_nihilist, demuic and Whole-Ad
W

Whole-Ad

Student
Apr 4, 2021
Pretty sure whales, dolphins and chimpanzees are also aware of death as they have rather high intelligence too.
That's pretty interesting. Reading up on dolphins and whales beaching themselves. The majority seem to do it when they are sick or injured, but some are completely healthy and it's unknown why they do it. Sometimes others strand themselves to stay in contact with their sick/injured companion. Damn so even whales and dolphins like to have suicide pacts lol.

Anyways, I believe that they probably do understand death to some degree then. They choose death rather than being sick/injured and continuing to suffer.

Reactions: demuic
C

charcoalcat

Apr 17, 2018
I once saw a cat ctb, literal ctb. The road was empty, it was sitting still at the side pavement. From afar a car is seen, the cat saw and waits. As the car approaches, it dashes out in front of the car to be run over.

Reactions: Whole-Ad and GenesAndEnvironment
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I once saw a cat ctb, literal ctb. The road was empty, it was sitting still at the side pavement. From afar a car is seen, the cat saw and waits. As the car approaches, it dashes out in front of the car to be run over.
My spirit animal.

• Yay!
Reactions: puppet_nihilist, Whole-Ad and charcoalcat
W

watchingthewheels

Enlightened
Jan 23, 2021
That sounds like an episode of FAMILY GUY, where a Care Bare (" Sunshine Bear")does that in order to get away from Meg...

Attachments

• sunshine.png
    sunshine.png
    1 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: charcoalcat
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
I still think a human being is more important than an animal, because I'm a sane person.

NothingElseMatters

NothingElseMatters

Warlock
Mar 30, 2020
yeah, I hate them all.

Reactions: Whole-Ad
ShutUpEli

ShutUpEli

I'm sorry
Apr 6, 2021
The more I think, the more suicidal I become.
This.

Really the main reason I smoke so much is it makes me oblivious to all the terrible things we do. Hoping to just keep my head down and somehow get this over with.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment and Whole-Ad
W

Whole-Ad

Student
Apr 4, 2021
I still think a human being is more important than an animal, because I'm a sane person.
That's not what I'm trying to say. Ultimately nothing is more important than anything. We all have the same "purpose" but because humans are able to question everything, we refuse to accept that we are only here to keep existing really. I definitely don't think humans are less important than other animals etc, I meant that other animals don't exactly question what their purpose is. I'm not very good at wording things, so hopefully that makes more sense.

Reactions: ithappens