J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
Why do they want people who see life as no longer worth living to suffer pointless decades against their will? Oh yeah that's right so they can work slave jobs and be miserable NO thanks

A quality of life
No disease whether internal or external
Friendships
A spouse
Quality income

Last edited:
Reactions: Zzzzz, Foresight, ultrafuntimes and 5 others
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
Why do they want people who see life as no longer worth living to suffer pointless decades against their will? Oh yeah that's right so they can work slave jobs and be miserable NO thanks

A quality of life
Friendships
A spouse
Quality income
Sick suffering people = a shitload of money. They want us to suffer to make money off of us. The US literally puts chemicals in everything we consume water, air, food that causes Alzheimer's, cancer, etc. This way we will need treatment and pharmaceutical companies and hospitals can still operate to keep us in their money making cycle.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: 👁️👃👁️, Circles, demuic and 3 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018

A quality of life
Friendships
A spouse
Quality income
Nobody is stopping any of us from killing ourselves though.

Reactions: Circles and D&D
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
I know but they want it to be a painful death which is INHUMANE. Because then if they allow painless methods they will realize Society then has to be changed to adjust and be compassionate to those born with problems or correct the environment so people don't suffer cruel diseases

Reactions: Circles, pthnrdnojvsc and Depressed Cat
M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
not fully, but they're trying incredibly hard to prevent it. gun control, fences or nets around railways and bridges and tall buildings, diluting inert gases with oxygen, criminalising medications that were OTC less than a century ago... soon the silliest chemical will have you on a watchlist. see what will get you on the DEA's radar from buying any quantity of common solvents from chemical supply companies. it's fucking ridiculous.
Sick suffering people = a shitload of money. They want us to suffer to make money off of us. The US literally puts chemicals in everything we consume water, air, food that causes Alzheimer's, cancer, etc. This way we will need treatment and pharmaceutical companies and hospitals can still operate to keep us in their money making cycle.
this exactly. and the reason they don't want their lab rats running off into the sunset is lack of profit and power. if you are king of a country with no citizens, your royalty means nothing. they are fighting to keep their citizens under control. soon enough there will be a revolution - more and more people are realising this.

• Informative
Reactions: Circles, demuic, Rogue Proxy and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It seems as though many people do not respect the right to die. It is cruel how people are denied the option of a peaceful exit to end their suffering and they have to resort to risky methods that can fail. I find it horrifying that so much pain exists in this world. Life is so cruel and unfair. I wish that I never had to experience this life in the first place. The way I see it to never exist means to never suffer.

• Love
Reactions: Rabhen, Journeytoletgo, Circles and 4 others
Oblivion Access

Oblivion Access

I don't know anything
Jul 5, 2019
That's not really true though, is it? You can get cops called on you to 'save' you and get involuntary confinement for X amount of time that you can do nothing about. This happened to many people here. Along with fear of failure and being left even worse off because the best methods are restricted.

Reactions: Rabhen, Journeytoletgo, Circles and 2 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
That's not really true though, is it? You can get cops called on you to 'save' you and get involuntary confinement for X amount of time that you can do nothing about. This happened to many people here. Along with fear of failure and being left even worse off because the best methods are restricted.
Well yeah, but we all know that we should probably do it in private to avoid this. There are numerous threads of this nature running simultaneously at any given time and they all outwardly condemn society for not killing them.

Suicide is difficult, l get it, l have the exact same issue, but it's also very achievable and it's dishonest to suggest that there are dark forces at play withholding our "right" to commit suicide.

Reactions: Circles
Oblivion Access

Oblivion Access

I don't know anything
Jul 5, 2019
Well yeah, but we all know that we should probably do it in private to avoid this. There are numerous threads of this nature running simultaneously at any given time and they all outwardly condemn society for not killing them.

Suicide is difficult, l get it, l have the exact same issue, but it's also very achievable and it's dishonest to suggest that there are dark forces at play withholding our "right" to commit suicide.
I see your point, but I would argue (outside of overcoming SI) the real difficulty of suicide comes from it's prohibition and stigmatisation.

I don't believe there is some shadowy cabal making plans to keep us alive and make money off us per se, but rather our cultural paradigm puts suicidal individuals in the bizarre predicament where obtaining method/immense guilt/others stopping us etc. compound the difficulty and misery everyone involved experiences. When we could just offer a peaceful exit & chance to say goodbye to all who want it.

I think that's what people are ultimately getting at, but in the heat of the moment and after facing vast abuse it's more intuitive to ascribe nefarious intent or feel hate or rage, so I don't blame any of us that come away with that impression.

Reactions: Circles, Mixo, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
I see your point, but I would argue (outside of overcoming SI) the real difficulty of suicide comes from it's prohibition and stigmatisation.

I don't believe there is some shadowy cabal making plans to keep us alive and make money off us per se, but rather our cultural paradigm puts suicidal individuals in the bizarre predicament where obtaining method/immense guilt/others stopping us etc. compound the difficulty and misery everyone involved experiences. When we could just offer a peaceful exit & chance to say goodbye to all who want it.

I think that's what people are ultimately getting at, but in the heat of the moment and after facing vast abuse it's more intuitive to ascribe nefarious intent or feel hate or rage, so I don't blame any of us that come away with that impression.
Overcoming SI is another thing which has become an SS trope imo. There is a huge difference between actual survival instinct (for example, thrashing to escape drowning, your body jerking whilst hanging, the vomiting of poisonous substances) and all the other factors leading to consciously, not instinctively, deciding not to die.

There is no army of people lying in wait to deny us the "right" to commit suicide, and SI is not an external force which magically intervenes to thwart us. I too wish l did not wake up in the morning, l fully understand the torment of wanting out but being unable to make the final leap, but all of this lies within and it's a dishonest and imo immature view on suicide to externalise it.

Reactions: Circles, D&D and Oblivion Access
Oblivion Access

Oblivion Access

I don't know anything
Jul 5, 2019
Overcoming SI is another thing which has become an SS trope imo. There is a huge difference between actual survival instinct (for example, thrashing to escape drowning, your body jerking whilst hanging, the vomiting of poisonous substances) and all the other factors leading to consciously, not instinctively, deciding not to die.

There is no army of people lying in wait to deny us the "right" to commit suicide, and SI is not an external force which magically intervenes to thwart us. I too wish l did not wake up in the morning, l fully understand the torment of wanting out but being unable to make the final leap, but all of this lies within and it's a dishonest and imo immature view on suicide to externalise it.
Yeah I don't really disagree, as far as I understand when referring to SI most people just mean 'fear of dying and all it requires/entails' vs 'yearning for death' .

On paper if one wants to leave badly enough it will happen eventually, (assuming no horribly backfiring failed attempt or such) so it does mostly come down to internal overriding of hardwired 'do not die' protocol we all share to some degree.

Reactions: Circles, Buffy5120 and D&D
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
I believe it's early days yet, and the trend—in certain countries—is toward increased liberalization. Doesn't help us now, I realize. Not too long ago there were no abortion rights, and a woman had to risk her life to barbaric practices. Today, in many countries, one can be had with no questions asked.

Same will happen with assisted suicide. Eventually. Not that others won't try their hardest to prevent it, that's why we have to keep fighting. The choice to not live should be a right. Period.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Oblivion Access and Journeytoletgo