GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Domestication and suckling from the teat of modern society is breeding much of the human race into a marching single-file line of mutants. As each generation passes, we are becoming more sensitive to the elements and increasingly needy, fragile, diseased, picky and dependent. Not to mention delusional. The real world that we stepped out of might kill us if we try to go back in our current weakened state, so we prefer to stay safely inside the fictional reality that has imprisoned us and continue to have our roots trimmed like delicate and attractive designer indoor plants.

Our minds and our childrens minds are being warped and shaped in order for the people of the future to be distracted and completely removed from the truth. The illusions of freedom, safety and comfort that this fucking new world provides are a house of cards. The world is being treated like an infinite resource and rubbish bin, Wasteland is coming, and when the supermarket doesn't open it's doors one morning, and water stops running out of the tap, we'll see how strong and safe we have become by being sold lies and put to work for someone else šŸ”ŗ instead of ourselves.

With heirloom vigor and strength, my grandfather accepted enduring an agonizing and slow death from cancer, and near the end he was somehow still jovial at times. I might endure a similar demise unless I ctb, but I will never be as tough as he was. Even though I spent more time outdoors than most, I also grew up watching Jim Carey talking with his arse cheeks on a screen, while I ate fake food and drank chlorine out of the tap. My father and my grandfather's genetic information has been lost.

I might have still been ok by this point and also have my health, if I had of just kept my damn mouth shut and been that good little slave I was expected to be. But something in my soul fought against it every step of the way throughout life, and I was identified as the chaff that needed to be cut for the wheat to grow. I had good intentions and thought I was pretty smart, but they fucking got me.

Babylon feeds you, and you don't want to give back and toil to support the system? How would 'society' function if everyone was like that? Like Mowgli, ushered into the village, clothed and taught to walk on two feet, saved from the cold, dark, barbaric jungle. You should be grateful!

But it's not a village. It's mass slavery. Slaves shall serve! And even though slaves get paid to be slaves these days, there are still punishments for the ones who try to loosen their shackles. Most places in the world they starve to death or are murdered. The more 'civilised' a country, the more subtle and hidden the punishments.

Getting with the program is the opposite of what we need to do right now.

Sorry to waste your time.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sister of the Moon, whatevs, MellowAvenue and 2 others
Oblivion Access

Oblivion Access

I don't know anything
Jul 5, 2019
Yeah I definitely notice this "domestication" and detachment from reality in myself, I used to be so much more capable of dealing with the outside world when I was forced to because of school. Now that I've spent years mostly locked away indoors, passively consuming media and ingesting a month's worth of downers in a day when I'm feeling spicy (instead of just catching a habit that kills your soul slowly over years like a regular person) there really isn't much left but avoidance when it comes to coping with even the most mundane real life conflict, so eroded is my social toolkit.

I firmly believe a society where people do have more of a say in what their lives actually look like instead of toiling away to make already rich cunts richer while looking forward to only 2/7ths of their lives and dreading the remaining 5/7ths always was and still is possible, though the absence of effective (i.e. one we'll actually act on) class consciousness still, in this day and age, as well as the abundance of bootlicking and imagining oneself as a would-be billionaire if one works hard enough all drain me of hope rather efficiently. I supposes this doomerism I espouse here is part of the problem.

To tie both paragraphs together, one cannot neglect to mention the bottomless dopamine mine of infinite scrolling, YouTube, netflix, vidya yada yada that keeps us all complacent, too glued to the spectacle and too beaten down by real life to mount any meaningful counter-offensive. I'm not too hasty to condemn others here, I'm as complacent as anyone. I wish I had a more promising note to end on. Maybe as the cost of living continues to exceed the value of living, as food shortages worsen, as stable climate becomes a bittersweet memory, maybe then sparks will fly. Hopefully in the fat cats' direction!

• Love
Reactions: Sister of the Moon, whatevs, MellowAvenue and 2 others
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Yeah I definitely notice this "domestication" and detachment from reality in myself, I used to be so much more capable of dealing with the outside world when I was forced to because of school.
Well I don't know how old you are but if it's greater than 22, the world was such a vastly different place back in those school daze. It's not just the fact that we were younger. All the similar constraints were there, but it hadn't quite matured yet and bubbled over into this dystopian insanity, the intro to the apocalypse we have now. I really feel sorry for the children of today, let alone tomorrow. This domestication, and detachment has been thrust upon us just as much as we have chosen to partake. It's the norm and after a while, it becomes almost inescapable.
there really isn't much left but avoidance when it comes to coping with even the most mundane real life conflict, so eroded is my social toolkit.
There probably isn't much to be won by fighting all these meaningless obstacles anyway man, it's so important to avoid stress especially for those of us who are struggling just to cope with each day. You and me both. But I understand being able to press back would be good and always has it's advantages, not that it should be so necessary.
I firmly believe a society where people do have more of a say in what their lives actually look like instead of toiling away to make already rich cunts richer while looking forward to only 2/7ths of their lives and dreading the remaining 5/7ths always was and still is possible
Good! That's so important. I did up until very recently, it's not a great feeling but I tell myself maybe that twinkle in my eye dying has something to do with facing reality. I hope so, otherwise I'm just a debbie downer!
Cherishit
I supposes this doomerism I espouse here is part of the problem
I hardly think your logical doomerism is more harmful than all the toxic positivity and blissful ignorance i smell stinking up the place everyday, keeping the lemmings smiling as they follow each other off the cliff. As @whatevs said to me the other day, doom on my doomer brother! *That was the first time I heard the word doomer and had to look up what it was.*
Maybe as the cost of living continues to exceed the value of living, as food shortages worsen, as stable climate becomes a bittersweet memory, maybe then sparks will fly. Hopefully in the fat cats' direction!
Oh for sure. I definitely think we'll see the fall of an empire within our lifetime. Well, not mine, but the lifetime of a normal healthy person who isn't going to kill themselves anytime soon.

Reactions: Sister of the Moon, whatevs, MellowAvenue and 1 other person
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Keep the dooming flowing, indeed. If you can't kill yourself you can count on going out in a blaze of glory a la Fallout New Vegas, shredded to dust by nuclear bombs or in a shootout with supermutants... Honestly, those timelines are much better than an apathetic, flaccid decay into a Borg collective singularity.

• Hugs
Reactions: GentleJerk