Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
A delusional person believes things that couldn't possibly be true. If you're convinced that the microwave is attempting to control your thoughts, you are, sadly, delusional. Delusional comes from a Latin word meaning "deceiving." So delusional thinking is kind of like deceiving yourself by believing outrageous things like the flying spaghetti monster in the sky or god. Christianity and it's 2.4 billion followers, comprising around 31.2% of the world population. More people believe that there is a God then not, While 62% self-identify as religious, 72% say that there is a God. highly disappointing that i have to live on the same planet as these delusional beings, I often feel extremely alone on this planet. I often feel like even my closest family and my closest friends are completely delusional and completely unaware of the world that they live in. I don't have all of the answers, but I always feel like I'm pretty damn close to them. Most people suck, and I think that is the bottom line...it's highly disappointing that the human species is so dumb

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, reclaimedbynature, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Agreed. Human society is built on bullshit. It permeates every walk of life. Delusion is necessary to avoid human society falling apart. It makes the world go round.

"You remember when I said how I was gonna explain about life, buddy? Well the thing about life is, it gets weird. People are always talking ya about truth. Everybody always knows what the truth is, like it was toilet paper or somethin', and they got a supply in the closet. But what you learn, as you get older, is there ain't no truth. All there is is bullshit, pardon my vulgarity here. Layers of it. One layer of bullshit on top of another. And what you do in life like when you get older is, you pick the layer of bullshit that you prefer and that's your bullshit, so to speak"

Bernie Lalante/Dustin Hoffman, Hero.

Reactions: sserafim, reclaimedbynature and Ontwon
D

doormat25

Oct 25, 2023
A delusional person believes things that couldn't possibly be true. If you're convinced that the microwave is attempting to control your thoughts, you are, sadly, delusional. Delusional comes from a Latin word meaning "deceiving." So delusional thinking is kind of like deceiving yourself by believing outrageous things like the flying spaghetti monster in the sky or god. Christianity and it's 2.4 billion followers, comprising around 31.2% of the world population. More people believe that there is a God then not, While 62% self-identify as religious, 72% say that there is a God. highly disappointing that i have to live on the same planet as these delusional beings, I often feel extremely alone on this planet. I often feel like even my closest family and my closest friends are completely delusional and completely unaware of the world that they live in. I don't have all of the answers, but I always feel like I'm pretty damn close to them. Most people suck, and I think that is the bottom line...it's highly disappointing that the human species is so dumb
Flying Spaghetti Monster šŸ˜‚