abruptum

abruptum

Lost
Jan 10, 2021
This question is for my people who are a bit older. Being 18 im really going through alot of changes in my life, college is happening im supposed to be able to pick a major and follow that for the rest of my working life, jobs are getting harder to fit around a busier schedule and they dont pay me enough to live properly, people and social groups just seem meaningless because so many people still act so childish, and all this is just so much decision making idk how people do it.
Anyways how did you guys decide what you were gonna do with your future, whether it was by picking a job, vocation, or degree.

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife, Blue Rose and NodusTollens
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
hopefully soon to be baker here :P
ive known since middle school and my best advice is follow your heart. what do you want to do? what makes you happy? baking makes me happy so thats what im doing

• Love
Reactions: NodusTollens
Fizz

Fizz

Dec 3, 2020
As much as you should do what you love, sometimes it's better to just have the job security. I struggled for several years to end up in HR - I wouldn't change my degree for the world but I also have to acknowledge that it hasn't brought me far in life. People tend to chill out in college so find your niche and your nerds to go with that niche and things will mellow out a bit on the friend side

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I set up personal ultimatums that carry a lot of weight. If I don't meet those goals in a certain time period, I'll feel like shit and start moving on to other plans. Example: I set a goal to get a six-figured job in my career to ease the demands of my wife by the end of 2020, but all 6 interviews have failed along with a few dozen applications. So therefore I am unable to be a good provider and have moved on by easing the financial burden by CTBing soon. One less mouth to feed, one less space to take up valuable resources in a nuclear family. Would also give her the chance to find someone else that's 100x better than I am.

• Hugs
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
When I was 18 I only studied. I started working in my 20s and the first jobs sucked! I was a slave who practically never had money lol.
However, getting my degree when I was 25 made things easier. I started teaching and earning a decent amount of money so, jobs were not a problem anymore.

I guess studying and working helped me out to live until now (I'm 33) but that was never capable of getting me out from the ctb zone. (I'm currently much better and trying to live)

How did I decide this? Well, I find life quite simple. If I don't like a job, I just quit. I never liked being bossed arround so apart from teaching, I did lots of freelance jobs such as completing surveys, typing captchas, selling english lessons online and I was even a youtuber who got some cash by the ads on my videos lol.

Reactions: abruptum and NodusTollens
abruptum

abruptum

Lost
Jan 10, 2021
hopefully soon to be baker here :P
ive known since middle school and my best advice is follow your heart. what do you want to do? what makes you happy? baking makes me happy so thats what im doing
I love cooking and my family is big in culinary practice but its just such a demanding job unless youre at the top of the chain

ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
I just turned 34 and still haven't figured it out.. so..
this probably wasn't helpful at all..

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens and abruptum
abruptum

abruptum

Lost
Jan 10, 2021
I just turned 34 and still haven't figured it out.. so..
this probably wasn't helpful at all..
it honestly, as stupid as it sounds, feels good to know that not everyone is on some track in life and i just forgot to climb aboard and im not just being left behind in the dust

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens and ohhgeeitsme
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I love cooking and my family is big in culinary practice but its just such a demanding job unless youre at the top of the chain
Can't disagree. I at the very least plan to have a dish washer (hopefully) but really starting out I can only afford myself. Thankfully hubbys going to help. (free dishwasher?? Lol)

• Hugs
abruptum

abruptum

Lost
Jan 10, 2021
Can't disagree. I at the very least plan to have a dish washer (hopefully) but really starting out I can only afford myself. Thankfully hubbys going to help. (free dishwasher?? Lol)
I wish you the best of luck and make sure hes getting some of those delicious baked goods :)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: NodusTollens and Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I wish you the best of luck and make sure hes getting some of those delicious baked goods :)
I have a feeling I don't have much of a choice lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens and abruptum