VisionsOfHell

VisionsOfHell

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
Assuming our ills are not curable and wont be in the foreseeable future.

I think just giving us a gun with a few bullets, sending us into a quiet forest and not getting guilt tripped into living is all I ask for

• Love
Reactions: stygal, Disappointered and sadworld
kohaku

kohaku

Nonbinary Hysteric
Mar 27, 2019
Legal euthanasia. Like in Belgium. Much better than doing it with a gun.

Reactions: Élégie, Sakura94, AutoTap and 4 others
Silenos

Silenos

Ṿ̸̄Ọ̶͂Ỉ̶͉D̴̞͝ ̴̲̐A̷̾͜W̷̪͒Ā̵̯I̵͍̅T̵̛͔S̷̗͛
Jul 25, 2020
Suicide kits like Quietus from the movie Children of Men.

Reactions: Élégie, Dr Iron Arc, Marchioness and 3 others
VisionsOfHell

VisionsOfHell

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
Legal euthanasia. Like in Belgium. Much better than doing it with a gun.
I dont wanna die in some facility or hospital. Whats wrong with guns?

Reactions: Coffeandamug and LastFlowers
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Nothing's "wrong" with it per se, but some would prefer not to go that way because they perceive it as gruesome and there is some risk of failure, in which case agony may ensue. When successful, it may still be painful, even if only for a brief moment (I'd personally prefer a method with zero pain).

Reactions: Élégie, Buffy5120 and LastFlowers
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Legalize Lethal euthanasia that's not too expensive

Reactions: AutoTap and Buffy5120
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Pain-free suicide booths.

• Love
Reactions: Buffy5120, these_days9, LastFlowers and 1 other person
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
The problem with euthanasia is having to travel to the location, do the paperwork, wait in the waiting room, go into the dying area, wait in the dying area, get hooked up to the IV, and then listen to a bunch of disclaimers and goodbye stuff. It would just feel very clinical and lengthy and stressful. A gun in the woods would be quiet and relaxing and at your own pace. I'll take the latter.

Reactions: Coffeandamug, VisionsOfHell and LastFlowers
W’ren

W’ren

Worthless
Oct 28, 2020
Maybe one day the drs will just be like "ok, here's your pills for a peaceful ctb, sign here, go home + take them"

Because this much pain etc etc and so forth should be illegal... Why must one struggle so hard for SN in my country? Really!

Reactions: AutoTap, Pookie and Buffy5120
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
They would allow euthanasia for mental illness and or allow N to be legal with easy access.

G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Just let us go .Help us to slip peacefully away.

VisionsOfHell

VisionsOfHell

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
Why do so many people want help? I'd like to have the illusion that i died as a free man. Guns should be legal anyways, thats all I need.

Reactions: Coffeandamug
Bitterman1996

Bitterman1996

Student
May 20, 2020
Legal euthanasia, but I think for mental illness this would be a slippery slope to determine who could and couldn't be saved through therapy/help and what not. Since the current society do need enough people to function (and I would assume this would lead to higher suicide rate thus lower birth rate, which most countries want to avoid).

Reactions: Sakura94
VisionsOfHell

VisionsOfHell

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
Since the current society do need enough people to function (and I would assume this would lead to higher suicide rate thus lower birth rate, which most countries want to avoid).
As we saw in the movie "children of men"(if I remember correctly), once they can import and train enough people from africa or the middle east our leaders in the west wont give a damn what happens to our birthrates.

S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
Yeah legal euthanasia in a private room with tv and... wi-fi a maybe. I'm not keen on home suicides because someone will find the body and it's hard.

I saw some videos where they choke up with blood after...it doesn't look good to me.

VisionsOfHell

VisionsOfHell

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
I saw some videos where they choke up with blood after...it doesn't look good to me
Not sure what you mean exactly.A gun to the head, with the proper angle, should kill you in an instant

Reactions: Coffeandamug
ProzacPrincess02

ProzacPrincess02

Oct 28, 2020
I would prefer to just do the morphine in a medical setting, then be cremated. That's literally my fucking dream. Intentional overdose by painkillers, medically supervised by a cute nurse that would function as a beautiful bus driver to the other side.

A

AllReturnsToNothing

I'm useless
Aug 5, 2020
(Forgive me if I sound like I'm anti-CBT I promise that isn't where I'm coming from, read to the end and you'll see where i'm going) Ideally suicidal idealization at the massive scale it's on wouldn't be a problem because we would all live in societies where the well-being of human beings are put above the profit margins of faceless corporations and the cannibalistic slave-masters who run them. People would have a right to live comfortable lives with rights to good paying jobs with significant workers rights, as well as plenty of off-time to spend with family, friends, and hobbies as well as a not insignificant amount of money to spend on such activities. Those who do slip through the cracks and do develop mental illness due to hardship on the personal level would be in luck because society and the medical industry would no longer demonize mental illness. Medical care, both mental and physical, would be free to all people without sacrificing quality (let's face it fellow Americans, it's not like our paid-for healthcare is very quality to begin with). Kind and caring therapists (which also work under the free healthcare) are plentiful and systems are put in place to help match therapist to patient on the individual level. And those rare folks who nothing seems to work for, are allowed to end their lives peacefully. Ideally done free of charge in a calm and comfortable medical setting supervised by only people who properly understand the kinds of people who turn to this final ultimatum. They are administered enough painkillers (like the kind they give you for surgery to knock you out) to allow them to peacefully drift off. Sorry I went on the diatribe at the beginning, I'm just convinced that there would be far less suicidal people in the world if our systems and societies were more caring.

Reactions: VisionsOfHell
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
The problem with the "gun in the woods" idea is that it would be hard to make sure you aren't going to shoot someone else there.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Humanity should give us the right to terminate our lives if we wanted. The planet is crowded anyways. So I would be doing them a favour. Sorry to be so honest.

WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
Well i guess in the future depressed people will be forced to use Elon Musk's neuralink since it says it can end depression lol

waterstrider

waterstrider

cold
Nov 29, 2020
Well i guess in the future depressed people will be forced to use Elon Musk's neuralink since it says it can end depression lol
I don't know whether that's a good thing honestly being sad/depressed are at least feelings I do feel. If someone were to take it away I'd walk around like an empty shell. No, thanks.

C

Coffeandamug

Words are quite useless, and so am I.
Oct 22, 2020
The problem with euthanasia is having to travel to the location, do the paperwork, wait in the waiting room, go into the dying area, wait in the dying area, get hooked up to the IV, and then listen to a bunch of disclaimers and goodbye stuff. It would just feel very clinical and lengthy and stressful. A gun in the woods would be quiet and relaxing and at your own pace. I'll take the latter.
I have seen a documentary on youtube where the girl did this paperwork before. when she really wanted to go the doctor came to her house and her family was with her on the day. It was a protocol that the doctor asked her if she wanted to stop the procedure at any given point. At the end she gave up on dying. but in the end of the documentary they tell us that she did do the procedure 2 years later and that this time she didn't give up. She passed peacefully surrounded by people that cared about her in her own house. I think that this is a very humane way to go. Not only with the doctor coming at your house but also with your family around you, accepting and understanding your will to go, even if it's hard. This is why I don't think that legalized euthanasia is enough, I think that in a humane society, people accept and respect our choices. In my opinion, this notion that "if you truly love someone you will never let him/her go" is toxic as fuck. If you love someone you will respect and try to understand his/her choices.

• Love
Reactions: Ghost2211