yeahokbuddyboy

yeahokbuddyboy

Nov 4, 2023
Hey guys. Quick preamble before the question; I need to vent. I still feel weird about posting here and I'm a little ashamed of what my family and girlfriend would think of me if they found out about this account after I go. I feel like with all the media around forums like this, some people will assume I was part of some death cult where I was brainwashed into committing suicide and/or brainwashing others to do the same. Despite my own experiences, I believe there is hope for a lot of you but I'm not here to preach. I am here because, although our circumstances vary, I'm in a similar place to many of you. I'm just here to get the knowledge and support I need and give it back so I can move on. I hope my family and girlfriend will understand that I have found a level of therapy here, and it's not their fault that I didn't seek it in them. My own weakness is on me. The anonymity here allows me to share what I wasn't strong enough to share with my girlfriend, parents, or even a therapist.

Anyways, I'm just curious what you guys are doing about your notes, if you want to leave one. Physical note? Email? Text? Other? I really wish iPhone had an option to schedule texts as it just feels the most personal and direct, as my girlfriend and I obviously text all the time when we're apart. It would just feel right; like a last little interaction. I did write up a very long draft of everything I could think to say to her in the notes app. I then tried making a video in case that would be better, more personal closure, but it ended up being 45 minutes and I was an ugly crying mess for the whole thing. I'm not quite sure if me being more real is better for her in that scenario.

Not necessarily expecting a great answer because everyone's different. I'm just lonely and was curious what y'all think about the finer details of Your last words to a loved one.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: february in alaska, XdragonsoulX, UtopianSoliloquies and 4 others
ForeverBroken

ForeverBroken

Memento mori
Jun 17, 2023
For me, I'm leaving individual handwritten notes. One for my husband. And one to each of my sons. I don't think one note to all would express all that I need to say. I have rough drafts already so I need to go and revise them. I'm going to also leave one for my youngest sons POS girlfriend. She has been nothing but a pain in my life. She has physically assaulted me as well as bullied me online and through texts. So I have a few things to say to her as well. I know everyone is different but this is what I'm going to do.
Hey guys. Quick preamble before the question; I need to vent. I still feel weird about posting here and I'm a little ashamed of what my family and girlfriend would think of me if they found out about this account after I go. I feel like with all the media around forums like this, some people will assume I was part of some death cult where I was brainwashed into committing suicide and/or brainwashing others to do the same. Despite my own experiences, I believe there is hope for a lot of you but I'm not here to preach. I am here because, although our circumstances vary, I'm in a similar place to many of you. I'm just here to get the knowledge and support I need and give it back so I can move on. I hope my family and girlfriend will understand that I have found a level of therapy here, and it's not their fault that I didn't seek it in them. My own weakness is on me. The anonymity here allows me to share what I wasn't strong enough to share with my girlfriend, parents, or even a therapist.

Anyways, I'm just curious what you guys are doing about your notes, if you want to leave one. Physical note? Email? Text? Other? I really wish iPhone had an option to schedule texts as it just feels the most personal and direct, as my girlfriend and I obviously text all the time when we're apart. It would just feel right; like a last little interaction. I did write up a very long draft of everything I could think to say to her in the notes app. I then tried making a video in case that would be better, more personal closure, but it ended up being 45 minutes and I was an ugly crying mess for the whole thing. I'm not quite sure if me being more real is better for her in that scenario.

Not necessarily expecting a great answer because everyone's different. I'm just lonely and was curious what y'all think about the finer details of Your last words to a loved one.
Im sorry for your loneliness. I'm right there with you.๐Ÿ’›

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: february in alaska, sad_rock and yeahokbuddyboy
aya00

aya00

Oct 28, 2023
I can definitely relate.
I'm thinking of sending a physical letter with lettertoyourself.com. It would make it a lot more personal but it can take a bit if you're planning to ctb soon. Only bad thing about it is the discrepancy in arrival date. I'll ctb before the earliest estimated date but if it arrives the max amount of days later I'm just worried they'll feel way too much guilt and potentially harm themselves without immediate closure.
Second best option to that is a scheduled email in my opinion.

Reactions: yeahokbuddyboy
yeahokbuddyboy

yeahokbuddyboy

Nov 4, 2023
I can definitely relate.
I'm thinking of sending a physical letter with lettertoyourself.com. It would make it a lot more personal but it can take a bit if you're planning to ctb soon. Only bad thing about it is the discrepancy in arrival date. I'll ctb before the earliest estimated date but if it arrives the max amount of days later I'm just worried they'll feel way too much guilt and potentially harm themselves without immediate closure.
Second best option to that is a scheduled email in my opinion.
Yes I'm leaning towards email as well. I could link the vid and full note if I want, plus a little personal note about them.

Just not my ideal choice because email feels so impersonal ๐Ÿ˜”

Reactions: aya00
Y

Yaffle

Lifeโ€™s a bitch
Nov 9, 2023
Whilst you can't schedule a text/iMessage you can send an automated text message in the iPhone shortcuts app as a long work around. All the info online.

Given Telegram has a scheduled send I'm amazed iMessage and WhatsApp don't. Can't see it would be hugely difficult to implement.

I'm been drafting my letters for years and always planned to print them. Now thinking I'll send them by scheduled Gmail and just leave notes saying to check email.

yeahokbuddyboy

yeahokbuddyboy

Nov 4, 2023
Whilst you can't schedule a text/iMessage you can send an automated text message in the iPhone shortcuts app as a long work around. All the info online.

Given Telegram has a scheduled send I'm amazed iMessage and WhatsApp don't. Can't see it would be hugely difficult to implement.

I'm been drafting my letters for years and always planned to print them. Now thinking I'll send them by scheduled Gmail and just leave notes saying to check email.
IIRC the shortcuts workaround will send the text on a recurring schedule so I feel like that might not be the best for people if my devices are left on more than a day lolol

Reactions: Yaffle
Y

Yaffle

Lifeโ€™s a bitch
Nov 9, 2023
IIRC the shortcuts workaround will send the text on a recurring schedule so I feel like that might not be the best for people if my devices are left on more than a day lolol
I didn't realise it would be recurring :notsure:

๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—น๐˜†

๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—น๐˜†

Deeming that I were better dead
Oct 28, 2023
what you guys are doing about your notes
Imo letter written on a piece of paper feels more personal so to those who I know irl I would leave each physical letter. To my online friends I would prepare messages and send them right before ctb.
I also think leaving letter for those who know you irl is safer as they will find it along with your body, sending message will only alarm them and might prevent ctb.

kilowatt

kilowatt

Guns don't kill people I kill people
Sep 9, 2023
I've been doing both. I'll be gone in a bit over 2 weeks and so far I have 2 digital notes and 3 physical letters. The 2 digital are for my online friends while the 3 others are for my family, girlfriend and best friend. I still have one more left to write, tho it's the most painful one.