N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Maybe this won't happen. Maybe there will be two superpowers like another bipolar world order. But when I think about how many people in China or India live it is only a matter of time when this will happen.

You just have to think all of these people want to use as many ressources as we in in the West. One planet for that is probably not enough for that. I am kind of scared about the notion that democracies will erode and collapse. I think I once read China might don't even want to be a worldview acting superpower. I might won't experience this all. Maybe I am dead in some years.

I am glad I won't procreate. I would have a guilty conscious to explain all these concerning developments to my children.

There will be many crisis in this century. And this decade was so far quite crazy. I am scared about climate change and the huge refugee crisis which will be a result for it. I am scared that there won't be a solution for the problem of the widening prosperity gap. I am scared about populism and demagoues.

But this is not something which affects my decision of killing myself. I hope for a better welfare state, I dream about a universal basic income. I wish there will be found better treatments for my illnesess. But it is not something which really changes my decision.

I think in general I am more indifferent to acute crises than most average people. The covid crisis and the Ukraine crisis don't really affect my mental health. I think my brain/situation is already that fucked I don't care much. My life is already hell an there is the chance these crises might kill me.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
Oblivion Access

Oblivion Access

I don't know anything
Jul 5, 2019
Reactions: Circles and GentleJerk
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
Doubtful that U.S.A. won't remain a superpower for a long time though.

Reactions: Someone123
C

Computer Blue

Jan 19, 2021
Get ready to see some fireworks, the USA will not be happy about losing relevance and will undoubtedly use its unmatched military might to make some smaller nations' lives hell, as is tradition.
Correct ...The beast will flail wildly as it falls. Not at all sure about the USA military being "unmatched" though. Russia and China are of course not third world countries that the USA enjoys beating up on.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
China has a worse reputation from a human rights perspective, but the US has tended to use bloodshed rather than pushy diplomacy as its imperialistic strategy. Time will simply bring change as it always does. If humans do not make an adequate effort to be sustainable, we will not sustain.

Reactions: GentleJerk
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
It is not going to happen. There is much more to being a superpower than being a financial behemoth. One must have right on their side. China, as it is currently, does not, and thousands of years of history show that it cannot change what it is. The USA has many friends, also. It's nice to have friends. That's my take and I'm sticking to it.

Reactions: Circles, newave3 and onlyanimalsaregood
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Hopefully no one will look at me funny anymore for using chopsticks to eat everything.

• Yay!
Reactions: MellowAvenue and Oblivion Access
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
That probably won't happen in the next few decades, but the u.s. is in a weaker and weaker position all the time due to the national debt, and this could sink the u.s. eventually- it will sink the u.s. if this isn't fixed somehow. China does become stronger by the essentially slave labor of many millions of people- as sad as this is, it makes their country stronger and stronger financially.

Last edited:
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Maybe this won't happen. Maybe there will be two superpowers like another bipolar world order. But when I think about how many people in China or India live it is only a matter of time when this will happen.

You just have to think all of these people want to use as many ressources as we in in the West. One planet for that is probably not enough for that. I am kind of scared about the notion that democracies will erode and collapse. I think I once read China might don't even want to be a worldview acting superpower. I might won't experience this all. Maybe I am dead in some years.

I am glad I won't procreate. I would have a guilty conscious to explain all these concerning developments to my children.

There will be many crisis in this century. And this decade was so far quite crazy. I am scared about climate change and the huge refugee crisis which will be a result for it. I am scared that there won't be a solution for the problem of the widening prosperity gap. I am scared about populism and demagoues.

But this is not something which affects my decision of killing myself. I hope for a better welfare state, I dream about a universal basic income. I wish there will be found better treatments for my illnesess. But it is not something which really changes my decision.

I think in general I am more indifferent to acute crises than most average people. The covid crisis and the Ukraine crisis don't really affect my mental health. I think my brain/situation is already that fucked I don't care much. My life is already hell an there is the chance these crises might kill me.

According to the World Economic Forum's Agenda 2030, the USA won't be a super power for much longer. Instead, the world will be multipolar.

Before the year 2030 rolls around, though, I believe that the world will go through some major changes, including a war that involves the USA directly.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
According to the World Economic Forum's Agenda 2030, the USA won't be a super power for much longer. Instead, the world will be multipolar.

Before the year 2030 rolls around, though, I believe that the world will go through some major changes, including a war that involves the USA directly.
I don't think that is how thw U.S. will lose it's supoerpower status- I think it will be due to economics- too much debt, etc. This won't happen by 2030. Maybe by 2050. It there is a was by 2030 the U.S. won't lose, we have by far the world's best nuclear capabilities, though Russia and china are always trying to get ahead here, especially Russia.

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I don't think that is how thw U.S. will lose it's supoerpower status- I think it will be due to economics- too much debt, etc. This won't happen by 2030. Maybe by 2050. It there is a was by 2030 the U.S. won't lose, we have by far the world's best nuclear capabilities, though Russia and china are always trying to get ahead here, especially Russia.

"I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." – Albert Einstein

Expect the unexpected.

You are right, though, that debt is a major factor for the USA, but I'm not sure how much of an effect it will have if the whole world is embroiled in a war.

• Hugs
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I just don't believe it will go this way- too many people in power have too much to lose from this. Throughout history most superpowers have lost their power from economics, especially debt.

• Hugs