Me: Catastrophically.

I don't know the social rules

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Smilla, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 1 other person
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
I hate it. I did however like MySpace when I was new.

I refuse to participate in social media nowadays.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Smilla, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 2 others
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
I don't think it's been a positive influence. I've fallen prey to FOMO and getting jealous of what my 3rd-grade classmates are doing now. Also (sigh), it's so easy to stalk people (and be stalked).

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Smilla and Johnnythefox
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I hate it. I did however like MySpace when I was new.

I refuse to participate in social media nowadays.
What did you like about MySpace? It was unique for sure. Goes in same category as FB for me sadly tho

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and worldexploder
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
What did you like about MySpace? It was unique for sure. Goes in same category as FB for me sadly tho
Well they had a better layout in my opinion.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I don't think it's been a positive influence. I've fallen prey to FOMO and getting jealous of what my 3rd-grade classmates are doing now. Also (sigh), it's so easy to stalk people (and be stalked).
I don't care so much anymore exactly what people think if me (e.g. freak) or what they have (im ok in my isolated bubble). I worried about stalkers, I get paranoid that people are gaslighting me... And blame myself

Reactions: azucaramargo and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
Thankfully at least I dont stalk people. I'm aware that's bad, and I can control my vague urges

Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
I don't think it's healthy, as well as social anxiety I think I have social media anxiety.
I had to be a juror on a court case this time last year and it involved a minor, it would never have happened if social media didn't exist. I believe Tim Berners Lee must put his head in his hands at times and say "what the fuck have I done"

Reactions: azucaramargo, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Smilla and 1 other person
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I don't think it's healthy, as well as social anxiety I think I have social media anxiety.
I had to be a juror on a court case this time last year and it involved a minor, it would never have happened if social media didn't exist. I believe Tim Berners Lee must put his head in his hands at times and say "what the fuck have I done"
Can you imagine what that poor guy thinks. And all he can do now is watch every excruciating truth unfold

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Johnnythefox
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Can you imagine what that poor guy thinks. And all he can do now is watch every excruciating truth unfold
Yep! He opened Pandoras box!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Angst Filled Fuck Up
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
The whole of society is now built around the Internet, you want to claim social security, Notify poll tax, receive work related training, find a job etc. Do it online! What's the backup plan if the Internet ever went tits up?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Angst Filled Fuck Up
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
The whole of society is now built around the Internet, you want to claim social security, Notify poll tax, receive work related training, find a job etc. Do it online! What's the backup plan if the Internet ever went tits up?
Well it wouldn't be all bad. For one thing, stuff like Tinder would disappear and we'd get to date like these romeos.

But no, I have never used social media. I am completely anti social, so it doesn't make sense for me to.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Johnnythefox
iHeartRockArt

iHeartRockArt

Wizard
Sep 21, 2018
I love Facebook and am very active on it. Sadly it's become the new "Life" for most people. EVERYTHING is done on Facebook. I admin 2 groups and a business page, and do lots of business marketing through it, so I kind of depend on it for a little bit of income to be able to make ends meet. But aside from that stuff, It's my link to my whole family and all my friends...so. Yeah.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, 2 be or not and Johnnythefox
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
I don't care so much anymore exactly what people think if me (e.g. freak) or what they have (im ok in my isolated bubble). I worried about stalkers, I get paranoid that people are gaslighting me... And blame myself
I once had a male co-worker from England who was afraid of people gaslighting him. Conspiracy theories and the like. I never understood it. I always thought it so irrational. Mind you, I'm spending my evenings drunk and passed out on the doorsteps of men who've spurned me. (I tend to be more on the stalKER side). But, I really don't understand how you could feel it was your own fault for someone doing something bad to you. Oh, do you think it's because you somehow did something bad to THEM, and they're seeking revenge? Man, I wish I had the brains to exact effective revenge on those (legions of) men who've spurned me. I guess I'm trying to say I've seen people that I think experience a similar fear to what you experience. However, you said you are able to avoid stalking people, whereas I find I am not. God dammit, so embarrassing! I wish I could stop, and even if I have stopped, I wish I could stop wanting to. How lowly to want someone who doesn't want you? The ultimate self-loathing behavior.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Jodes
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I have been gaslit IRL once it was the most traumatic thing Ive ever experienced.

When a bunch of strangers collude to get something from you by making you run away losing your mind. It happened 10 years ago and I can barely speak about it.

Last edited:
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
Not sure why I blame myself, but yeh I think its either revenge for, disgust of my weirdness and craziness that I expect people to fear me or be disgusted and push me away brutally, maybe deservingly - I say some offensive stuff sometimes

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Tara2018
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I once had a male co-worker from England who was afraid of people gaslighting him. Conspiracy theories and the like. I never understood it. I always thought it so irrational. Mind you, I'm spending my evenings drunk and passed out on the doorsteps of men who've spurned me. (I tend to be more on the stalKER side). But, I really don't understand how you could feel it was your own fault for someone doing something bad to you. Oh, do you think it's because you somehow did something bad to THEM, and they're seeking revenge? Man, I wish I had the brains to exact effective revenge on those (legions of) men who've spurned me. I guess I'm trying to say I've seen people that I think experience a similar fear to what you experience. However, you said you are able to avoid stalking people, whereas I find I am not. God dammit, so embarrassing! I wish I could stop, and even if I have stopped, I wish I could stop wanting to. How lowly to want someone who doesn't want you? The ultimate self-loathing behavior.
Thank you for all your empathy and honesty

Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
I don't really give too much attention to the success others are having.

I'd love to see them walk a mile in my shoes. They couldn't. The success people have and broadcast on Social Media platforms couldn't survive a week in my skin. So I don't really give them much attention.

Reactions: azucaramargo, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Smilla and 2 others
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018

I'd love to see them walk a mile in my shoes. They couldn't. The success people have and broadcast on Social Media platforms couldn't survive a week in my skin. So I don't really give them much attention.
I wish I could believe that about myself

Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018

But it's a great attitude, thank you

Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Never had Facebook or anything.

I did do the online dating thing which was horrible, and gave me severe anxiety.

Dislike the superficial connections that social medial facilitates but I see how it could be useful for some who already have connections irl and use it to keep in touch with family members and friends who live far away; otherwise I see it as an emotionally unavailable interface for people who want to show off how wonderful their lives are.

I don't understand "selfies" either unless you are literally taking one to show another person you whom met online what you actually look like. What is the point of a selfie if you are posting it for others to see if they already know what you look like? Never understood that. I've heard of people posting multiple selfies per day. I think this is an unhealthy phenomenon for our culture.

Cute pet photos on the other hand—can't get enough of those.

Reactions: Sinbad, 2 be or not, Jodes and 1 other person
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018

That's a cool thing to write/feel.

Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
Never had Facebook or anything.

I did do the online dating thing which was horrible, and gave me severe anxiety.

Dislike the superficial connections that social medial facilitates but I see how it could be useful for some who already have connections irl and use it to keep in touch with family members and friends who live far away; otherwise I see it as an emotionally unavailable interface for people who want to show off how wonderful their lives are.

I don't understand "selfies" either unless you are literally taking one to show another person you whom met online what you actually look like. What is the point of a selfie if you are posting it for others to see if they already know what you look like? Never understood that. I've heard of people posting multiple selfies per day. I think this is an unhealthy phenomenon for our culture.

Cute pet photos on the other hand—can't get enough of those.
You have immunity to Facebook! Someone get a sample of this lady's fucking blood, STATT! We need a vaccine! Your cooing skills, self defelopment and strength are admirable

Last edited:
S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
Not well.

I liked the memes, liked the funny titled pages. But I've never really needed it in my life.

I wouldn't miss it if social media platforms just disappeared. MSN was the same.

I just never really needed them, I saw the point, but I just never really asked for their inventing. Ha!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Jodes
S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
Awful. My partner commited suicide, there was an open inquest so two reporters came in. Thry write their story not factually but in a way to grab sell papers. Said things like she sent me a last text message saying id broken her. It wasnt the last message at all she was still upstairs at the time. They wrote she overdosed on insulin, she didnt her sugar naturally dropped because she hadnt eaten and fell asleep so went into a hypo. They wrote she went to a hotel to kill herself, wrong, she told me and her daughter she woukd be home in the morning, even took a change of clothes with her, argued with the hotel that the price online was cheaper (you wouldnt do that if you were gonna die) so the articles were written, all over the net, got shared on FB over and over. People accusing me of causing her to kill herself like the papers said. Not one one them has asked me just believed what they read. People have now destroyed my life because of it, taken away my ability to grieve for my partner, i cant go out my flat because my face was in the pictures, our memories they didnt have permission to use.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Jodes, NumbItAll and 2 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Awful. My partner commited suicide, there was an open inquest so two reporters came in. Thry write their story not factually but in a way to grab sell papers. Said things like she sent me a last text message saying id broken her. It wasnt the last message at all she was still upstairs at the time. They wrote she overdosed on insulin, she didnt her sugar naturally dropped because she hadnt eaten and fell asleep so went into a hypo. They wrote she went to a hotel to kill herself, wrong, she told me and her daughter she woukd be home in the morning, even took a change of clothes with her, argued with the hotel that the price online was cheaper (you wouldnt do that if you were gonna die) so the articles were written, all over the net, got shared on FB over and over. People accusing me of causing her to kill herself like the papers said. Not one one them has asked me just believed what they read. People have now destroyed my life because of it, taken away my ability to grieve for my partner, i cant go out my flat because my face was in the pictures, our memories they didnt have permission to use.
The papers will print anything just to make a sale, especially the tabloids. I was a juror on a court case last year involving a minor, it was a closed hearing. The reports in the papers were inaccurate, I believe nothing on the news or in the media. I no longer watch TV news or buy a paper, haven't for a long time now. Most people lack the capacity to form their own opinion or think critically and believe everything they are fed by the media.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Jodes and Smilla
S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
The papers will print anything just to make a sale, especially the tabloids. I was a juror on a court case last year involving a minor, it was a closed hearing. The reports in the papers were inaccurate, I believe nothing on the news or in the media. I no longer watch TV news or buy a paper, haven't for a long time now. Most people lack the capacity to form their own opinion or think critically and believe everything they are fed by the media.

Exactly but alot of them have banded together and targetted me. My partner worked in a bar and it was one of the managers that started spreading lies, FB posts about me apparently being suspicious, not telling the truth, not lovkng her and because this manager is well liked and people dont know me they all believe her. Its a lesbian community so once a few of them said i was guilty the rest have followed. Not one of them has stepped outside that circle they have united together against me. So here i am, cant show my face anywhere, waiting till i have the courage to use the nitrogen thats sitting in my hallway. I dont have the money to move and no famiky to go to, cant return to work as im terrified ill go to a patients house and they will recognise my face from the papers. CTB is my only option to stop all this but im still scared.

Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Exactly but alot of them have banded together and targetted me. My partner worked in a bar and it was one of the managers that started spreading lies, FB posts about me apparently being suspicious, not telling the truth, not lovkng her and because this manager is well liked and people dont know me they all believe her. Its a lesbian community so once a few of them said i was guilty the rest have followed. Not one of them has stepped outside that circle they have united together against me. So here i am, cant show my face anywhere, waiting till i have the courage to use the nitrogen thats sitting in my hallway. I dont have the money to move and no famiky to go to, cant return to work as im terrified ill go to a patients house and they will recognise my face from the papers. CTB is my only option to stop all this but im still scared.
Unfortunately that's human nature and most people just follow the flock as they find comfort/safety in numbers.
It's natural to be scared, even terrified! I think anyone who is standing on the precipice and says they're not is full of shit. We are programmed to fear death.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Smilla and Shewaitsforme
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
Disgusting. Most days I cannot tolerate hearing such scandalous shit because it's overwhelming, it's widespread, and there seems no end to it. Society...

God that whole siituation is just horrendous

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Shewaitsforme and Johnnythefox
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
Fuck them! OMG. People!!!

I want to say its a waste, and that you should just move and make a new life - but I know what I'd do instesd

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Shewaitsforme