steppingoff

steppingoff

Experienced
Jan 18, 2024
Of course, the first question is, what should you be testing for when you test?

Are we trying to find the sweet spot? Are we trying to test how it will feel? Do we work on strategies to overcome SI?

If you want full suspension, what should you test for and how? If you step off the stool - it is no longer a test.

And for partial, are we testing how much weight you are going to put on our necks before passing out? How close to that should we go?

And should we prepare for a test that is no longer a test but ends with you CTBing?

The latter, I now always write a goodbye note, just in case the test gets real.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Of course, the first question is, what should you be testing for when you test?

Are we trying to find the sweet spot? Are we trying to test how it will feel? Do we work on strategies to overcome SI?

If you want full suspension, what should you test for and how? If you step off the stool - it is no longer a test.

And for partial, are we testing how much weight you are going to put on our necks before passing out? How close to that should we go?

And should we prepare for a test that is no longer a test but ends with you CTBing?

The latter, I now always write a goodbye note, just in case the test gets real.
For full suspension hanging there is no testing, once you step off of the chair you are gone unless the anchor point or rope breaks.

With partial hanging you can try it to see if you can find the "sweet spot" in what position. It can also help with si. When practicing you should not tie the rope on the anchor point. Pass the rope over it and and hold it with one hand, once you fall unconscious your hand will let go and so will the pressure on your neck.

People also practice autoerotic asphyxiation, for the euphoric feeling after a few seconds of oxygen deprivation of the brain. This things usually lead to accedntal deaths when people get carried away with the pleasure and keep going beyond the time window.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: FallenfromGrace, UKscotty, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
Before I full suspend I will test how much and how quick the slipknot tightens and if the rope and anchor point will hold my weight under struggle conditions. I will also test if the height from which I drop is high enough so that I won't touch the ground. I will do this by putting my hand through the slipknot and drop off from the chair.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 82921, Praestat_Mori and steppingoff
steppingoff

steppingoff

Experienced
Jan 18, 2024
Depending on the lengths you're willing to go to there are ways to test full suspension. First and most obvious is to NEVER kick the chair/stool away, so whatever happens you should be able to then grab the rope and step back onto the chair. The other thing that I'll do as an additional safety is to have a gym ring hanging at arm level and by grabbing it I take tension off the noose. The other thing you can do is full suspension (or 98%) as shown in the image below which gives you a good idea of what full suspension feels like. View attachment 127255
Thank you that is very helpful
I am curious where you got this information.

And have you done any testing? When you test, what are you trying to test?

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
At the end of the day it's your decision but I would advice against practice run for full hanging. It will be difficult to get back on the chair once you step off of it. First once your neck is susspended with the weight of your body it would not be easy to pull your self up and step on the chair. A good example is this girl on the second part of the video. Second even if you could step on the chair there is a phase of disorientation the brain goes before unconsciousness sets in. You wouldn't know where you are let alone pull your self up to a chair. This guy explains it better and would help you understand more.

Reactions: UKscotty
steppingoff

steppingoff

Experienced
Jan 18, 2024
Information? As in the attachment or everything that I wrote?

In answer to your second question yes I've done practice attempts at partial and have been buying things to prepare for possible full suspension. For partial my aim is to get myself as close to what I think would soonafter be me passing out and then stop. I haven't came close to passing out yet but through experimentation I definitely have been getting closer and just need an opportunity to give it another go as I was definitely heading in the right direction when I choked myself with a rope on my bed.
I have been testing to see if I can get at least a fainting feel. So trying to find the sweet spot. I found the spot on the right of my neck but not the left because my face turned red. I need to cut off circulation into and out of my brain.

I usually try to bend my knees into a kneeling position but still high enough that my knees won't touch.

Given that I have seen people "test" on gore sites, and they suddenly go past a point and they freeze and then die, I am never really know how far I am from that spot. But I do now write a good bye note each time I test, just incase I expire

I haven't tried the full suspension tests, but I would be certain to write that note because I think the chances to CTB is much greater

Thanks for your input
At the end of the day it's your decision but I would advice against practice run for full hanging. It will be difficult to get back on the chair once you step off of it. First once your neck is susspended with the weight of your body it would not be easy to pull your self up and step on the chair. A good example is this girl on the second part of the video. Second even if you could step on the chair there is a phase of disorientation the brain goes before unconsciousness sets in. You wouldn't know where you are let alone pull your self up to a chair. This guy explains it better and would help you understand more.
Thanks for this info
What video are you referring too?
Thanks for this info
What video are you referring too?

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Depending on the lengths you're willing to go to there are ways to test full suspension. First and most obvious is to NEVER kick the chair/stool away, so whatever happens you should be able to then grab the rope and step back onto the chair. The other thing that I'll do as an additional safety is to have a gym ring hanging at arm level and by grabbing it I take tension off the noose. The other thing you can do is full suspension (or 98%) as shown in the image below which gives you a good idea of what full suspension feels like. View attachment 127255
There's laying down partial? I gotta remember that!

steppingoff

steppingoff

Experienced
Jan 18, 2024
Click on the purple colored texts
I am sorry I must be really dense at the moment, but I don't see that. Maybe I am looking at the wrong place

• Hugs
Reactions: rozeske and Abyssal
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Why are you interested in a laying down partial?
Seems comfy, kinda relates to the night night method. I'd look at the night night megathread, it can be combined with hanging and may help you to not jump into a painful death.

steppingoff

steppingoff

Experienced
Jan 18, 2024
Seems comfy, kinda relates to the night night method. I'd look at the night night megathread, it can be combined with hanging and may help you to not jump into a painful death.
I have looked at that method and have ordered some Tourniquets. I have not decided what method to use, so I am testing all of them. As long as it has something to cutting off the blood to your brain, I consider it

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I have looked at that method and have ordered some Tourniquets. I have not decided what method to use, so I am testing all of them. As long as it has something to cutting off the blood to your brain, I consider it
We think similarly. Wishing you peace one way or another.

• Love
Reactions: rozeske
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I am sorry I must be really dense at the moment, but I don't see that. Maybe I am looking at the wrong place
The colors can be a bit hard to see. Click on the word "this girl" for the first video and click on the word "this guy" for the second video. (On my original comment)

steppingoff

steppingoff

Experienced
Jan 18, 2024
The colors can be a bit hard to see. Click on the word "this girl" for the first video and click on the word "this guy" for the second video. (On my original comment)
Yes I saw them - and thank you for this

The first one was really curious to watch because the woman looks so much like a good friend of mind, that I had to take a second take on it

As for the second video, if you are okay with it, I think I am going to get a transcript made from it. The dryness and the accents make it difficult for me to understand the fullness of the presentation

• Love
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Yes I saw them - and thank you for this

The first one was really curious to watch because the woman looks so much like a good friend of mind, that I had to take a second take on it

As for the second video, if you are okay with it, I think I am going to get a transcript made from it. The dryness and the accents make it difficult for me to understand the fullness of the presentation
You are welcome, i have been trying to get the video transcribed. A non-english speaking member asked me for it but the guy has disabled the transcribe option of the video i couldn't do it. And i was too lazy to write it manually. Please do share if you managed to do so.

steppingoff

steppingoff

Experienced
Jan 18, 2024
How close was I to passing out when I tested?
My face turned red, my ears started to ring loudly and I felt dizzy. This lost focus - and that's when I stood up

How close was it?
You are welcome, i have been trying to get the video transcribed. A non-english speaking member asked me for it but the guy has disabled the transcribe option of the video i couldn't do it. And i was too lazy to write it manually. Please do share if you managed to do so.
As long as I can get the audio off it, I have a specialized program from my dad that I can use

steppingoff

steppingoff

Experienced
Jan 18, 2024
This is where I got to as well. Seems to be about half of the way as blackening vision is a big part of the second half. How long were you compressing for?
I did it slowly over a minute I think, just taking it a step further every few seconds. Taking it slow, seemed to let me overcome the SI. At least I could go further. I did think for a while, that this might be it. My thoughts were just to let go and let it happen, which I just stood up without thinking

steppingoff

steppingoff

Experienced
Jan 18, 2024
I tried this test

I put a rope over a hook but left it loose so I could pull it.

I positioned the rope on what I thought might be my sweet spot

I stood high on my tippy toes and pulled the rope rather hard and held it so it was tight around my neck

After a few seconds doing this doing I thought nothing seemed to be happening

The next moment I found myself on the floor and my nose bloodied and terribly painful since I must have done a face plant

I guess I found the sweet spot

I guess I'm ready.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I tried this test

I put a rope over a hook but left it loose so I could pull it.

I positioned the rope on what I thought might be my sweet spot

I stood high on my tippy toes and pulled the rope rather hard and held it so it was tight around my neck

After a few seconds doing this doing I thought nothing seemed to be happening

The next moment I found myself on the floor and my nose bloodied and terribly painful since I must have done a face plant

I guess I found the sweet spot

I guess I'm ready.
Oh am sorry it must have been painful and scary to wake up with a bloody nose.
Anyways congrats, you have managed to accomplish what most here are trying but failing. I hope it goes well for you whatever you decide on and I hope peace comes to you.

steppingoff

steppingoff

Experienced
Jan 18, 2024
Oh am sorry it must have been painful and scary to wake up with a bloody nose.
Anyways congrats, you have managed to accomplish what most here are trying but failing. I hope it goes well for you whatever you decide on and I hope peace comes to you.
I did record it, and I have a pretty good sense of what happened after I lost consciousness. I thought I would have fallen right away, but I didn't. I stood there and wobbled then collapsed. I was out no more than 30 seconds

• Wow
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I did record it, and I have a pretty good sense of what happened after I lost consciousness. I thought I would have fallen right away, but I didn't. I stood there and wobbled then collapsed. I was out no more than 30 seconds
Can i ask, did you bend your knees and pushed down ward or were you straight and pushed your body forward? And do you remember feeling any weird sensation before unconsciousness?

steppingoff

steppingoff

Experienced
Jan 18, 2024
Did you position above or below Adamsapple?
Were you feeling light headed or any ear ringing at all before you dropped?
Do you know how many seconds passed (if you had to guess) before you passed out?

I'm very envious of you but congrats on the achievement.
I put it high on my throat and the knot near my left ear. I tightened it as much as I could on my tippy toes, and then dropped to my heals rather quickly.

My ears rang loud, I felt a warming feeling and pressure in my head and i focused on my image in the bathroom mirror. I then found myself on the floor

I did record it, and I stood there a lot longer than I thought - wobbling before collapsing
Can i ask, did you bend your knees and pushed down ward or were you straight and pushed your body forward?
What I did was stand on my tippy toes and then pulled the rope tight, and then pushed down to my heals. Even though I looked down before I did it, I still could see myself in the mirror - its a really big mirror.

steppingoff

steppingoff

Experienced
Jan 18, 2024
It's a shame sharing personal images/videos is highly inappropriate on here as your video would probably be very educational to see.
I would never share that video if I were still here. But I do know if I stream it I will have an idea at wat it would look like. And I have visited Watchpeopledie, and it did educate me on what to expect Maybe my exit video will do the same

Were you able to tell from the video how many seconds it was before you became unstable?
Argh I envy you 👺🥺
It is really hard to tell, because I am standing, but am I consciousness?

The total amount time between pushing my heels down and the moment I collapsed was maybe 15 seconds.

It feels so much longer when you are watching yourself. For five seconds I am just standing there with my heels touching the floor, maybe 5 seconds I wabble and then the final seconds before I collapse it looks like something in me is trying to catch my balance - and then I collapse to y knees and then bounce off the wall and onto my face

Did you feel anything like this on your more recent attempt and what was different about the attempt and how you felt etc?
This is the first time I passed out. I think finding the sweet spot made a big difference. In difference in feeling - it felt more real then before and that the end is near

steppingoff

steppingoff

Experienced
Jan 18, 2024
Ok sorry for all the questions here.

So how were you doing the attempt different in the time where you got ear ringing and felt light headed?

I followed the instructions of holding the rope in one hand and over a hook I used on the ceiling. The difference is I went right up on my tippy toes and pulled quite hard to tighten the rope, and then I dropped down hard on my heels and pulled a bit more on the rope.

I remember one thought, this isn't working - and then nothing elsel I think I may have felt rining ears and pressure in my head, but I can't really remember or if I am somehow combining it with other tests

In your successful attempt did you feel any pressure or discomfort from the rope?
I have gotten use to the rope, but its high on my neck so I can still feel like I can breath

The moment you collapsed is when you went unconscious as you wouldn't be able to be much less and hold the rope.
I saw a video that argued something different, in that you can be unconscious and still maintain standing ability for a few seconds almost as SI - maybe it's a light unconsciousness.