k3v3r

k3v3r

Apr 25, 2019
Each and every time i've tried to ctb, my survival instinct takes over and i panic. I don't know what to do. I'm in a mental hospital but i have an option to ctb, i just don't know what to do when i stand there ready to jump, and the panic takes over

Dreamcolleger

Dreamcolleger

I surrender... I SURRENDER!
Apr 26, 2019
A good way I've found is to think about all the horrible reasons of why you want to do it, trying to put yourself back in the same mindset you were in when you were ready to CTB if you had the resources in front of you.

• Love
Reactions: Ktmnny, k3v3r, lizinha and 2 others
Ramirez

Ramirez

Criminally insane
Jun 10, 2019
A good way I've found is to think about all the horrible reasons of why you want to do it, trying to put yourself back in the same mindset you were in when you were ready to CTB if you had the resources in front of you.
Yes or do something that makes the situation significantly worse for you. I'm sure you can think of something. and then do it out of impulse.

Reactions: Mylifeispointless
LifeOver

LifeOver

Professional Suicide Attempter
Jul 23, 2019
For your specific case (jumping), it may help you to blindfold yourself and try to imagine you are jumping into a pool instead of off of a building. As a side note I advise confirming that the height of your mental institution is indeed enough to kill you or you can end up worse off than you are now.

Reactions: k3v3r
k3v3r

k3v3r

Apr 25, 2019
For your specific case (jumping), it may help you to blindfold yourself and try to imagine you are jumping into a pool instead of off of a building. As a side note I advise confirming that the height of your mental institution is indeed enough to kill you or you can end up worse off than you are now.
i'm not gonna jump from a building, from a chair with something around my neck. I see how it could be misintereperated