manta

manta

its gonna be ok
Mar 26, 2023
Hey guys,
It seems like i'm on attempt #100 of getting better at this point and it's kind of discouraging. I'll gain the motivation to continue with life and I will start to pull it together with exercise, meditation, and discipline and things of the sort. It just seems like once something goes wrong or I slip up, I completely give out and lose all hope. I'm kind of tired of feeling like I am stuck at the bottom and it's hella frustrating. I'm in college and I have medical withdrawn from all of my classes because the same thing just happened again during the last few months as seen in some previous threads.

Has anyone else overcame this cycle? If so, what actions would you take when you felt like giving up to prevent it from happening? I nearly attempted on Monday night, but I realized before that I am not ready to die yet. I want to get better and get out of this.
Thanks for the help! Hope you all are doing well.

• Hugs
Reactions: Illidan77
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Being able to reduce the seductive power of giving up can be like giving up the seductive power of thinking that winning the lottery will solve all your problems. If one applies truth to one's thoughts it begins to weaken the power of that which seduces.

The lottery winner actually becomes a sleaze magnet and their life is forever plagued with dealing with people who just wish to use them. The person who sees death as an attractive alternative fails to see that death is simply death. Life can be painful and difficult. However, it is also possible to learn to navigate it and actually have things that bring satisfaction and even happiness.

Being in school can be difficult because the premise is that you are doing that which will benefit you in the future. That leaves "today" largely a blank slate which can be unsatisfying and even miserable. If you can experiment and discover ways to make each day satisfying, you can build a sense of control over your life.

Reactions: Angelin and manta