P

przeciwwymiotne

Be rude to me at all times, I don't deserve kindne
Jun 27, 2022
Normal life tires me out and I'm ashamed of that. I give in to being lazy and indulgent. I often neglect my responsibilities and even the things I wanna do. Bed and food seem to be a stronger stimulus than dreams, learning, accomplishments and hobbies. I dunno how to find balance. Idk how to stop laying in bed.

• Love
Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy, jackie_boy1337, heavyeyes and 4 others
Spike Spiegel

Spike Spiegel

Sep 26, 2022
I struggle with this so much. Currently my sleep pattern is non existent. Sleep for 3 hours up for 18 sleep for 12 hours up for 4 and so on. Often at random times of the day. It makes me feel like I just exist. And when I wake up at 2am after having slept for 12 hours I have no desire to leave my bed till I eventually pass out again. Food is not even a motivator for me. Ill order take out once a day for sustenance and personal hygiene is at an all time low.
Whenever I do feel any motivation at all to do anything I try and seize it because I feel like it snowballs into a productive cycle. Only for me personally it does not take much to knock me off that cycle and can take weeks or months to put me back on it.
This may sound presumptuous of me but if you take non prescribed drugs, stop. I cope with the feelings of being a failure and wanting to kill my self with smoking weed. While I suppose it makes lifer barrable I know it also contributes to my negative cycle.
Sorry for not offering more help, I found that as I was typing this I had more to vent than I thought. Ill also be looking for tips or people that can relate in this thread.

• Love
Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy, heavyeyes, a beautiful mess and 1 other person
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
Sometimes laying in bed is the body's attempt to recover from stress and trauma. The same way I think people shouldn't try to fight off tiredness. I think when you feel better, you'll get out of bed.

There could be another cause. In which case maybe antidepressants could help, or they could make it worse. I always advise blood tests if someone feels unnecessarily tired, ill or other symptoms.

If you're pretty young, it could be stress or vitamin deficiency.

Last edited:
Reactions: heavyeyes, Hollowillow, ever so lonely and 2 others
Firegirl

Firegirl

Sep 28, 2022
I've been feeling like this too for the past few months, but honestly there is no easy way to get rid of the urge to lay in bed, you have to force yourself out and it's going to feel like sh*t i know because it's like that for me too

Something that has made the process slightly less tedious is getting out of bed for a few more minutes each day than the previous. So what i did is i would first spend the entire day in bed, then I would get out for an hour then the next day 2 hours, then the next day 3 hours and so on. When you tell yourself each day that you're just going to do it for an hour more, it doesn't seem so bad! Eventually you will feel better being out of bed and staying in bed won't be your choice anymore

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: a beautiful mess, ever so lonely, przeciwwymiotne and 2 others
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Normal life tires me out and I'm ashamed of that. I give in to being lazy and indulgent. I often neglect my responsibilities and even the things I wanna do. Bed and food seem to be a stronger stimulus than dreams, learning, accomplishments and hobbies. I dunno how to find balance. Idk how to stop laying in bed.
A good friend could set your bed on fire, while you are laying in it. I suspect that might give you some motivation! I know it would for me.

• Yay!
Reactions: rationaltake
ever so lonely

ever so lonely

terry joseph williams
Apr 17, 2022
it could be that is just what your body needs, some much needed rest, at this particular time, i know procrastination is frowned upon in society but maybe just maybe it is your bodies way of saying hey buddy i need a break, maybe take advantage of it whilst you can mate, it neednt be a *bad thing*

Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Modafinil helped me when I was bedridden. Also Tramadol. Also shrooms.

Posted from bed in psych ward....

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath
Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
Sleep is a vital need. People denying their vital needs is one of the main reasons they wish they were dead.

When I got brain damaged by a car I had to sleep nonstop. To healy brain. It went faster by providing b vitamins to heal nerves. They also burn energy. Vitamin c heals everything too. Lack of them causes extreme exhaustion. And mental agony. None in processed junk

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: jackie_boy1337, jodes2 and Suicidebydeath
rainbowbright

rainbowbright

Oct 1, 2022
I relate to this soooo much!!

• Hugs
Reactions: a beautiful mess and Suicidebydeath
S

SarRy

Student
Oct 5, 2022
This is going to sound a bit dismissive, but that's not how I mean it., I'm just not always good with wording. If you need to get out of bed, then the first step is to get out of bed. Sometimes it's enough to just stand up and walk around for a bit. Sometimes once you're up, then you'll find something to do. Once on your feet, you might decide to walk around a bit and it can go from there.

Alternatively, if you constantly feel sleepy, then sleep medication might be helpful. Being fully rested has a way of changing the body into get things done mode.

onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
I have the same struggle at the moment. As well for eating, shower, taking the medication. I think I am expecting and waiting that the medication starts to work.

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I sleep 12-15 hours a day. The times I get out of bed earlier are when I can think of something I want to do, like smoke, go on sasu, or start a toxic argument on Reddit because I hate people here. If it motivates you, it motivates you

Reactions: Opichi and jackie_boy1337