nys

nys

mors mihi lucrum
Jun 1, 2022
I've just decided there's no way I can ctb- it's going to cause so many problems with everyone that I leave behind. I've decided to try to recover and focus on my future (I'm pretty young). But it's so difficult and I just don't feel motivated. I'm just indifferent and apathetic to everything and I have no energy. I can't do anything and I can't function at all. I've lost interest in everything I used to enjoy doing. Life seems like it's a chore and I don't enjoy any part of it because I'm just so exhausted. Whenever something bad happens to me, I don't have this drive to overcome it and become better- I just don't care at all. I keep getting thoughts that ctb'ing would be so much easier than doing this, except I can't ctb so I have to recover. How do I stay motivated?

• Hugs
Reactions: y'ffre and Suicidebydeath
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
Are you on any medication? It might not work, but you could try something like mirtazapine. I only suggest that because I take that. Medication like that can be rough at first, you might be more suicidal if it gives you more energy/motivation to do anything about it and if anything bad happens. I hope nothing bad happens.

Another thing that motivates me is crisis, when I literally have no other options and need to survive somehow. It's not foolproof though.

• Love
Reactions: VKVK and nys
a_dead_mess

a_dead_mess

Aug 8, 2022
probably controversial but I'd say stay off of the forum, that's what I'd personally do. at least stay off of suicide discussion

• Love
Reactions: sewercide, rationaltake, atonofdespair24 and 4 others
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
You gotta find something that feels slightly rewarding. For me that was programming and picking up reading, regardless of how alienating being into literature is. I had to accept that I might be lonely the rest of my life but I don't need to also give up my solitary pleasures.

• Love
Reactions: atonofdespair24 and nys
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
Sometimes it's not you, but your body making you feel drained of energy, depressive, and unmotivated and often this requires forcing it to work properly and stop torturing you mentally. Pharma may be one way but in my experience, it is often more dangerous than one might see at first glance (although I respect that for many here it's the only option). Please look into l-tryptophan for serotonin, l-tyrosine for dopamine, and other similar nutriceuticals that can naturally curb the depressive symptoms; also "The Mood Cure" by Julia Ross can give you more specific guidelines based on personalized quizzes of your mental health symptoms.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Suicidebydeath, atonofdespair24 and 1 other person
Siclop

Siclop

Jul 16, 2022
start with small things, maybe u dont have energy to go to gym or some run, but you can do some exercices in your home, can try avoid some bad foods, the energy and motivation dont gonna come from night to day like a miracle, but starting work in yourself should be a good start, you need start to set your mind to treat you better, its not easy i know that but u need do your first steps

C

cooldude420

Student
Aug 8, 2021
Can you exercise, even just a few pushups? Can you learn to meditate? Walks in nature or a park? What's your diet like? How do you spend your time?

Firegirl

Firegirl

Sep 28, 2022
Please watch the pixar movie 'Soul'!! It motivates me to recover everytime

Reactions: Suicidebydeath