• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Sslsh

Sslsh

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
Yesterday: Ended one of my only friendships coz of a petty argument.

Today: Boyfriend balantly cheated on me. Was CRAZY in love with him. He then tried to deflect it on me.

Also today: Another SHIT day at work. Tomorrow's going to be shittier. Business is sinking.

Bad episode of bpd to top it off.

I just want to explode into bits. Have sn with me but too coward to take it. Don't remember feeling worse in my life.

So now I'm considering cutting. Like I've never done it but am interested now. Any tips on how to start? Like a blade or a knife? Which body part is great for beginners?

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: PartlyHuman, GentleJerk, Wolfjob_dayjob and 6 others
Xaxysh

Xaxysh

Oct 28, 2020
Yesterday: Ended one of my only friendships coz of a petty argument.

Today: Boyfriend balantly cheated on me. Was CRAZY in love with him. He then tried to deflect it on me.

Also today: Another SHIT day at work. Tomorrow's going to be shittier. Business is sinking.

Bad episode of bpd to top it off.

I just want to explode into bits. Have sn with me but too coward to take it. Don't remember feeling worse in my life.

So now I'm considering cutting. Like I've never done it but am interested now. Any tips on how to start? Like a blade or a knife? Which body part is great for beginners?
completely avoid inner thighs, important arteries there and bleeding out isnt fun. knives are safer from what i heard because you can accidently cut too deep with a razor. use a completely sterile one.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, waitingforrest, Hate you and 1 other person
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I'm not judging anyone, and have no intent to do so, but I could never understand the rationale for doing this. Is it some kind of punishment for past transgressions, lurking deep in the subconscious? What is gleaned from doing this exactly? I've just never been into pain and can't understand. When I ctb, I need it to be as peaceful and painless as possible.

• Hmph!
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, whatevs and Sslsh
Sslsh

Sslsh

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
completely avoid inner thighs, important arteries there and bleeding out isnt fun. knives are safer from what i heard because you can accidently cut too deep with a razor. use a completely sterile one.
Thanks. Are the upper thighs a good starting point? Or should I go for my back.
Pain
I'm not judging anyone, and have no intent to do so, but I could never understand the rationale for doing this. Is it some kind of punishment for past transgressions, lurking deep in the subconscious? What is gleaned from doing this exactly? I've just never been into pain and can't understand. When I ctb, I need it to be as peaceful and painless as possible.
Pain kind of gives a sense of control I guess.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I support free speech, I support free speech, I support free speech...

Y'all have fun with the cutting guide.

• Yay!
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: SocioSocial, charlottewilts, GentleJerk and 4 others
RagingCat

RagingCat

😾
May 2, 2022
I used razors as they are thinner and leave less visible scars but don't make the same mistakes I did. I have weird scars from getting careless and going too deep for more intense feelings. I don't think you can do it by accident tho.
Make sure everything is sterile and chose a place carefully so people don't bug you asking about scars too much, especially if you are planning to ctb at some point.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Foresight and Sslsh
Hans Voralberg

Hans Voralberg

Experienced
Nov 6, 2021
By cutting your skin your Brain will shot endorphins into your body this is higly addictive mechanism but work like painkiller, narcotic in long use i cut and selfharmed myself mamy times to remove pain from my head
It is dangerous af please don t start you will not stop

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Unsolved, sweet_oblivion, ☆AwaitingEntropy☆ and 10 others
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
By cutting your skin your Brain will shot endorphins into your body this is higly addictive mechanism but work like painkiller, narcotic in long use i cut and selfharmed myself mamy times to remove pain from my head
Brilliant explanation.

Somebody who has a lot of tattoos told me that getting tattooed is addictive. Seems similar to me.

Reactions: Unsolved, demuic, Wolfjob_dayjob and 3 others
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Well, I would never start simply because I don't like pain. I already experience enough pain mentally. Getting endorphins released by inflicting pain on myself just to get to some pleasure just isn't a way I could ever go about it. There's no doubt I could use some pleasure, but this isn't for me. How does one ever get to the point of equating this method and achieving pleasure? I mean people have been doing this a long time, long before the Internet came into existence. How did they ever discover that cutting oneself could lead to pleasure, although a very fleeting one, I would assume. I've cut myself badly before and I sure don't remember getting any pleasure from it afterwards.

• Hmph!
RagingCat

RagingCat

😾
May 2, 2022
I'm not judging anyone, and have no intent to do so, but I could never understand the rationale for doing this. Is it some kind of punishment for past transgressions, lurking deep in the subconscious? What is gleaned from doing this exactly? I've just never been into pain and can't understand. When I can, I need it to be as peaceful and painless as possible.
It's not about punishing yourself, it is about pain. By inflicting physical pain your emotional one gets numb. But I do enjoy some kind of pain in general so for me, it was super pleasant and blood made my mind calmer.

Reactions: FailureGirl and Wolfjob_dayjob
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
It's not about punishing yourself, it is about pain. By inflicting physical pain your emotional one gets numb. But I do enjoy some kind of pain in general so for me, it was super pleasant and blood made my mind calmer.
I don't know. I guess it's all about learning something I never knew. Like I said in my other post, I know I have hurt myself on numerous occasions accidentally, but I sure don't remember getting any relief from my mental anguish doing it.

Un-

Un-

I'm a failure. An absolute waste. A LOSEr.
Apr 6, 2021
It's probably not a good idea to support this, but, similar to a heroine preparation video I saw, this is to make sure that if you do end up doing it, you're not threatening yourself. I don't follow the best practices, but I have been cutting for years at this point, so I can at least say that you won't get sick, nor die, following this.

Equipment:
- Razor or knife. What I used to do was take my shaving.. the thing I shave my facial hair with, and on the back, you can disconnect the head, and then individually disconnect the razors. There are other razors you can use, or like an earlier comment pointed out, use a knife because they can be duller. If you're trying to break skin, it's best to use something sharp for obvious reasons.

- Tissue, toilet paper, a towel, something to soak up or clean up the blood. Additionally, you may want a clean cloth to clean your blades with (washing them with soap is best in my opinion, but in a tight situation you can use hand-sanitizer).

- This is optional, but it helps: music, or a video that makes you quite sad, or (if you're into it) self-harm media that helps you feel inspired (?).

Method:
1. Clean your blades, and use your towel or toilet paper to cover where blood could possibly squirt.

2. You can use your toilet paper or towel to test the sharpest point of whichever blade you decided on.

3. Choose where you want to cut. Like you said, above the thighs is probably the best place. It depends on what parts of your body you expose, how often, if you have long clothing or not, heat tolerance, etcetera. Generally, though, thighs, backs, feet and ankles, the sides of your chest and your lower stomach are prime spots. It's best to do a bit of research to avoid possibly slicing arteries. Slicing veins aren't as bad - I've personally done it before, and it heals overtime.

4. Listen to whatever media you've picked, and.. slice, I suppose. If you want to feel pain, and a slow rush of "goodness", dig in with your blade and slice slowly. If you want a quick relief, or maximum damage, slice quick. Do note, that depending on the sharpness of your blade, slicing quick can do a lot of unintended damage. I hate to be graphic, but attached is a gore video showcasing this.

5. Once you're done, clean up everything, etcetera. There are probably multiple, sterile and better options on healing wounds, such as using bandaids and whatnot, but if you're in a pinch, what I do is I expose my injuries. I let my blood clog up, usually over a long period of time (I cut before I sleep, so that's plenty of time to stop bleeding). I shower afterwards, and am careful not to involve that appendage in too many activities as to avoid that cut from opening up again. Try refrain from picking your scabs. It could take a week, to two weeks for it to fully heal. Taking showers and baths can sting when they're still healing. Scars sometimes can get itchy, but I suspect it has to do with how they healed in the first place. If you do cut your arms, avoid slicing vertically, parellel to your veins, and instead slice horizontally. It depends on what you're going for, but generally multiple shallow cuts can have the same "reward" as one deep cut. I think that's it.

I don't think you should go ahead and start cutting. It's not my business to tell you what to do, but this can get really addictive, and as your scars pile up, certain opportunities will be barred from you, such as finding relationship partners, sex, swimming, potential jobs, even wearing clothes your comfortable with around the people you know.

Apologies for any spelling, or grammatical errors.

Attachments

• 487077-9c314c7b017821a432516488abbc3bb6.mov
    2.1 MB
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: ☆AwaitingEntropy☆, Rogue, Dear Agony and 1 other person
Sslsh

Sslsh

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
I don't know. I guess it's all about learning something I never knew. Like I said in my other post, I know I have hurt myself on numerous occasions accidentally, but I sure don't remember getting any relief from my mental anguish doing it.
Well I've gotten "relief" by other means of pain. Like punching myself in the face or dehydrating/starving myself. But those don't seem to "cut it" anymore.

• Hugs
Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
Brilliant explanation.

Somebody who has a lot of tattoos told me that getting tattooed is addictive. Seems similar to me.
It really is. I've been getting tattoos to cope lately and it's been hard to stop again. I've gotten multiple within the last month alone and spent almost $1K.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, waitingforrest, RagingCat and 1 other person
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
It really is. I've been getting tattoos to cope lately and it's been hard to stop again. I've gotten multiple within the last month alone and spent almost $1K.
I can understand this. Though I've never had a tattoo.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Well I've gotten "relief" by other means of pain. Like punching myself in the face or dehydrating/starving myself. But those don't seem to "cut it" anymore.
I never could get relief like that. Just doesn't do it for me. Might explain why everything has "added up" in me over the years and why I'm here now.

RagingCat

RagingCat

😾
May 2, 2022
Accidental pain is not the same, you must control the whole process. It feels different.

Reactions: myopybyproxy and Wolfjob_dayjob
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Accidental pain is not the same, you must control the whole process. It feels different.
OK. But where does the "idea" of doing this come from? And don't say the Internet because people have been cutting themselves long before the Internet was even a twinkle in the inventor's eyes. How does one, who has to control the pain themselves, initially, before even cutting, make a connection between the cutting and the pleasure derived from it?

Intelligent_Panic99

Intelligent_Panic99

Student
Jan 4, 2022
OK. But where does the "idea" of doing this come from? And don't say the Internet because people have been cutting themselves long before the Internet was even a twinkle in the inventor's eyes. How does one, who has to control the pain themselves, initially, before even cutting, make a connection between the cutting and the pleasure derived from it?
I've cut most of my life which is basically before the internet as we know it. Circa 1998. I acted out cutting on dolls when I was like five so who knows where I learned it from. For me I started because I was very angry at myself and I was trying to hurt myself and it did hurt. After awhile my body equated the hurt with relief (I no longer had to be angry at myself as I had taken the punishment). Frankly it was a coping skill that kept me alive. Now it has no effect whatsoever. I am not going to say what I use or how or where but whatever you do-sterilize your equipment. I never once went to the hospital despite very deep cuts because I was able to keep the wound clean and do basic first aid to keep it closed. That's another thing for me - caring for the wound afterward also gives me some sense of calm.

Reactions: myopybyproxy, AloneInCollege and Wolfjob_dayjob
RagingCat

RagingCat

😾
May 2, 2022
I don't think you need someone to tell you that, it's instincts, I knew I enjoyed a bit pain when I was 4 playing with candles and enjoying hot wax burning my skin.
Pain causes the CNS to release endorphins, which work in a similar way to opiates and induce feelings of euphoria.
The usual pain is always perceived as bad by our body as it indicates that something is wrong and needs fixing.
SH on the other hand is pain with a similar biological response while maintaining the awareness that it won't cause serious damage.

• Love
Reactions: myopybyproxy and Wolfjob_dayjob
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I've cut most of my life which is basically before the internet as we know it. Circa 1998. I acted out cutting on dolls when I was like five so who knows where I learned it from. For me I started because I was very angry at myself and I was trying to hurt myself and it did hurt. After awhile my body equated the hurt with relief (I no longer had to be angry at myself as I had taken the punishment). Frankly it was a coping skill that kept me alive. Now it has no effect whatsoever. I am not going to say what I use or how or where but whatever you do-sterilize your equipment. I never once went to the hospital despite very deep cuts because I was able to keep the wound clean and do basic first aid to keep it closed. That's another thing for me - caring for the wound afterward also gives me some sense of calm.
It'll never be for me, but for others with this inclination, I think the advice you give is solid. I've just always wondered about why people do this and saw an opportunity to ask some questions and learn something. I still don't have a clear understanding of how that initial connection gets made, but I understand more than I did. I can understand the anger part. Not so much the anger leading to the cutting. I mean I've been angry at myself before and I never started cutting.
I don't think you need someone to tell you that, it's instincts, I knew I enjoyed a bit pain when I was 4 playing with candles and enjoying hot wax burning my skin.
Pain causes the CNS to release endorphins, which work in a similar way to opiates and induce feelings of euphoria.
The usual pain is always perceived as bad by our body as it indicates that something is wrong and needs fixing.
SH on the other hand is pain with a similar biological response while maintaining the awareness that it won't cause serious damage.
So, you're saying that this instinct is either there or it isn't? It's inherent within some, but not in others? That makes as good sense as anything else, I guess.

Intelligent_Panic99

Intelligent_Panic99

Student
Jan 4, 2022
It'll never be for me, but for others with this inclination, I think the advice you give is solid. I've just always wondered about why people do this and saw an opportunity to ask some questions and learn something. I still don't have a clear understanding of how that initial connection gets made, but I understand more than I did. I can understand the anger part. Not so much the anger leading to the cutting. I mean I've been angry at myself before and I never started cutting.
Ok so my mom gets really mad easily and when I was a kid this bothered me a lot. So as I grew I never wanted to display anger and when I did show anger I would get so angry at myself so when I feel anger of any kind I direct it at myself instead of outward where it may belong. If that makes sense. Also to me cutting feels like a just punishment for feeling angry (because anger was not allowed for me because I didn't want to be like my mom and get angry at everyone else). I don't know if this makes more sense. Basically everyone responds to same the stressors in different and sometimes weird ways. I think I am wired to hurt myself in any way possible (not just cutting) when I don't meet my own expectations.

Reactions: AloneInCollege and Niko66
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Ok so my mom gets really mad easily and when I was a kid this bothered me a lot. So as I grew I never wanted to display anger and when I did show anger I would get so angry at myself so when I feel anger of any kind I direct it at myself instead of outward where it may belong. If that makes sense. Also to me cutting feels like a just punishment for feeling angry (because anger was not allowed for me because I didn't want to be like my mom and get angry at everyone else). I don't know if this makes more sense. Basically everyone responds to same the stressors in different and sometimes weird ways. I think I am wired to hurt myself in any way possible (not just cutting) when I don't meet my own expectations.
It's sort of like a "self sacrifice" or something. Like it's a noble cause since you're saving others from feeling your pain. I can understand, endorphins aside, how one might feel virtuous of themselves, and consider their act as abandoning their personal interests for other's well-being.

• Love
Reactions: Intelligent_Panic99
its-about-time

its-about-time

nope
Mar 19, 2022
I'm not going to tell you how to cut yourself. Get some rubber bands, put them around your wrist or ankle, and snap your skin with them. It's a similar sensation and won't damage your body the way cutting does. Seeing my scars has not once been a pleasant experience in my entire fucking life.

Reactions: AloneInCollege, Cathy Ames, Foresight and 1 other person
Intelligent_Panic99

Intelligent_Panic99

Student
Jan 4, 2022
I'm not going to tell you how to cut yourself. Get some rubber bands, put them around your wrist or ankle, and snap your skin with them. It's a similar sensation and won't damage your body the way cutting does. Seeing my scars has not once been a pleasant experience in my entire fucking life.
I definitely get what you are saying which is why I won't disclose what I am not sure where I learned it from even. It just came into my head. on the other hand, I get some satisfaction from my scars because they make me feel strong and I don't really care what anyone else thinks (except I don't want my children or their friends too see them because I don't want to ever pass the idea on to them). Definitely a love/hate relationship there.

OP, something else to think about though - cutting is one of the hardest addictions to break. I've been told it's worse than alcohol, cigarettes, maybe drugs. I can attest that the only reason I don't do it now is because I have a way to die soon (N) so I don't need to. I'm nearly 40 and started when I was around 19 (though I wanted to start earlier, I just would have gotten caught). I won't condemn cutting though - it's shaped my whole life.

G

Glowarm

F*ck everyone and everything
Apr 8, 2022

Very right in both the description and the addictiveness of it.

Not trying to be negative but starting self harm is not something to take lightly. It can become truly addictive.

Having said all that, a lot of people have their own specific spots that they like to SH. A word of advice, consider how clothing will rub against injuries. Sometimes it may seem like a good spot to SH but then you find clothing rubs there and that's not fun.

Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
Self harm scars suck and aren't worth the tiny rush imo.

• Hugs
Reactions: PartlyHuman, whatevs and Wolfjob_dayjob
nixdeath

nixdeath

May 3, 2022
I wouldn't recommend cutting. I used to cut every day and it didn't help very much, just made embarrassing cuts. The relief only lasted a few minutes. Eventually I got numb to it, and I was too scared to cut deeper.

Reactions: demuic, whatevs, Wolfjob_dayjob and 1 other person
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
(Talks about types of cuts and what you might have cut into as a heads up.)

I don't recommend starting it, it's a really slippery slope. It is really addictive. Just whatever you do, please take proper care of the wounds, dying from sepsis is not fun. Know the signs for infection, swelling, more painful than usual, wound feels hot or fever symptoms, smells bad or pus leaking out.

If you see that blood is spurting out, you have hit a artery. If you feel numbness or tingling, you have hit a nerve. If you see yellow, you have hit fat, you will NEED stitches, do not attempt to sort this out yourself, go to the er, applies to anything past fat as well. In all of these cases go to the er; these cases cannot be fixed at home. And please for God's sake, don't try to suture, use steri strips and get to the hospital.

Keep your tools clean and sanitize everything with antiseptic unless you want tetanus. And don't use glass, like don't. Try to avoid alcohol based antiseptic because it burns like a bitch and damages your cells along with the bacteria. But for fat cuts and deeper don't use it at all, don't spray it into the wound unless you want 1000 years of pain and having antiseptic in your blood stream carpet bombing anything it touches. Don't pick at scabs, and never USE cotton or toilet paper because the fibers will stick to the wound and make it even more homey for bacteria. Change your dressings if they are soaked.

Know that there are consequences for cutting deeper. You will have nerve damage and scars. Over time, with constant cutting, you will experience signs of anemia. Deeper cuts require lots of attention and care to prevent infections and take longer to heal. It is common to develop a tolerance and require more pain to get the same endorphins. And there also is the societal stigma of scars so most people have to cover them up.

Just keep safe okay? Failing to take care of cuts can lead to infections and in there worst cases, nerve damage, amputation, and death. And stoping is very difficult like most addictions.

• Hugs
Reactions: drearybreadd, ☆AwaitingEntropy☆, Wolfjob_dayjob and 2 others
Fengshuiside

Fengshuiside

Dream of another way out <3
Apr 21, 2022
Just a friendly reminder that whatever you do, don't try to end your life by cutting yourself. It has a very low mortality rate of something around 2% according to some studies I've read, despite being one of the most common ways people attempt to kill themselves.

• Informative