B

BlakaFlacka

Aug 5, 2020
I've tried hanging myself twice, and tomorrow I'll try my third time. However, the past 2 times wasn't even really attempts, since I always chickened out the last minute. I've written a note, timed it such that I won't have any chance of being found for a fair amount of time etc. Does anybody know any ways to get yourself in the right mindset to actually do it? I want to, but I always end up getting stopped by the biological instinct of not wanting to die.

Reactions: Pizarnik
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Well, I tried to hang myself a few days ago and I have the same problem: my SI just won't allow it.

I guess I'll have no choice but find another method.

Wish you the best and hope you can find peace.

L

L0b5t3r

May 7, 2020
Wish I could help, but I'm struggling with the same issue the fear of messing up and ending up worse off than I am now is such a fear.

Reactions: Pizarnik
astro

astro

recovery gang
Dec 19, 2019
I would assume there are ways to get yourself in a mindset where it's easier to ctb but it really depends on the person and what their triggers are. For me it could be a certain album or reading old chats and so on. For you it might be something else. If you have ever noticed that in certain situations you are more suicidal you could wait for another one of those situations to occur naturally and then use it as fuel to ctb, however, I'm not sure that that is such a good idea to ctb when you are very emotional and thus potentially not thinking rationally.

NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
I don't know if there's an exact way to get yourself in the right mindset.

I can say that for me though, when I had my previous attempts, they followed high stress events & I tended to be thinking about all the things that are wrong with my life (my reasons to CTB).