R

redkitsune98

Sep 2, 2024
Even though CTB is very much in my plans, I would like to feel joy and comfort in the time that I have left. How do I properly enjoy life and appreciate it's beauty despite the pain?

• Hugs
Reactions: consider and derpyderpins
pollux

pollux

Knight of Infinite Resignation
May 24, 2024
We've been trying to find the answer for about 300000 years mate

Reactions: peaceandlove, kkamasal, mrnamoshi and 1 other person
mrnamoshi

mrnamoshi

Mar 29, 2024
There's nothing good about life.

Reactions: kkamasal
H

Hvergelmir

Student
May 5, 2024
Depends on the nature of the pain of course. I personally see beauty and comfort in animals.

Reactions: DeusVult and BoulderSoWhat
K

kkamasal

Low intelligence . Bad English
Sep 1, 2024
Don't look at the truth, cover your ears as much as possible cover your eyes as much as possible and look at good things like cute and beautiful things that you modified for humans. And enjoy being brainwashed

StaticCryBabye

StaticCryBabye

Sorrowful Pixel
Apr 9, 2023
I highly recommend taking morning walks or night walks near seas or lakes (Normal morning/night walks are fine too). I also recommend traveling somewhere if you can via whatever, whether it's walking somewhere, biking somewhere, or whatever. I find this really helpful for me whenever i want to feel an ounce of joy once in a while.

Reactions: BoulderSoWhat
nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
wow, these answers are abysmal. since when was draining apathy allowed in the recovery section?

Reactions: derpyderpins, ThatStateOfMind and Kimlett
Kimlett

Kimlett

Jan 7, 2024
wow, these answers are abysmal. since when was draining apathy allowed in the recovery section?
Yeah. I get where they come from, but OP doesn't deserve rude answers.

Even though CTB is very much in my plans, I would like to feel joy and comfort in the time that I have left. How do I properly enjoy life and appreciate it's beauty despite the pain?
I find it very hard to enjoy life but I try to focus on good things as much as I can. When I'm drowning in pain I almost can remember those but I try to force myself a bit to do something small and nice like watching a movie, having some warm food or meeting a friend, even if I don't feel like it. Everything is harder to enjoy when you're in pain but you can try doing something that you remotely like although you don't feel like it, and you might end up enjoying it. Videogames, a small trip, cooking, learning to play an instrument, drawing, practising a sport, learning a language, watching a good show, having a drink with friends, playing board games... just some ideas.

T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
I feel insanely at peace (no suicidal ideation so far doing this) when I'm hiking. I live within an hour of like 4 national parks, even more if i'm willing to drive farther than an hour. My favorite is about 40 minutes away, and I went there a few weeks ago and it was great. I went with a friend and we hiking the trail, went to the overlook of a huge waterfall, and a little area that views the waterfall. Additionally, we went to the river banks right next to the waterfall. sat for 5-10 mins, listened to the water, talked, and finally got back up, started the ascent to the top and finished the hike. It took about an hour and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm hoping to go camping some time and see if the suicidal ideation stays away for the whole night. If so, camping trips could be a sort of self-medication when I have the time. I just don't have the time or resources currently, but the university I'm transferring to allows you to rent equipment so I might rent various camping equipment and use it over a break such as spring break or possibly fall break, and try camping for the first time at a natural park.

EDIT: Just learned my future uni has a sort of club that hosts these things and over fall break, they host a 4 day backpacking camping trip. They provide things like transportation, permits and reservations, group camping gear (stoves, tents…), dinner breakfast and lunch, etc. All I'd have to bring it appropriate clothing for the weather, which they provide a list of, same with personal outdoor gear, lists are provided, snacks, and your phone/camera to take photos. If they'll allow me, I might even try to bring a friend, though they aren't a student so I don't know if I could. They charge $80 which seems fair for what's provided

Sorry, I just realized this is a huge tangent but nature and hiking, look into it. If you're a student, you might have similar access to resources such as this. If not, maybe you can find some sort of clubs or groups that do this kind of thing as well.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: jar-baby, LaVieEnRose, Mirrory Me and 2 others
landslide2

landslide2

Arcanist
May 6, 2024
move as slowly and deliberately as you can, giving yourself over as much as you can to whatever it is you are doing. peeling an apple, taking a walk in the park, eating a good meal or doing whatever small things you do enjoy.

GargoyleFiend

GargoyleFiend

Sep 5, 2024
I second the nature/hiking idea. Getting out into nature, away from people does wonders for me, and I would definitely suggest trying it out. At least for me, I feel as if I'm far enough away from my problems that they can't affect me, and I'm so preoccupied with looking at the scenery around me, looking at the ground trying not to trip over a root or rock, and trying to find my way back. It's one of the best ways for me to see the good in life.

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
Doing nice and interesting things daily, like for example doing something creative with your hands - it usually helps people relax and is good for your brain. You could, for example, listen to some nice-sounding music and draw while you do it - have a cup of black tea on the side, it's known to have the highest levels of l-theanine, which has a calming effect.