C

Coffeehead

Oct 16, 2023
I have been cutting with small needles and glass (not the safest I know) and I finally got access to a decent razor that has blades (my family hid them previously) but I don't know how to remove the blades…could someone explain how to?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
skies

skies

left in the rain
Mar 13, 2020
i used to just break them with something blunt from behind or bend them until the plastic broke, b safe

Reactions: dizzdesi and riamu
A

Arcitect

Oct 22, 2023
My ex girlfriend used to cut using the blade out of a pencil sharpener. Pencil Sharpeners (not wall mounted ones, I'm talking manual ones) usually have a blade thats secured with a single screw.

• Informative
Reactions: Dead_Mouse
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
I've done this. Wasn't easy, all I can say is "brute force". I'd use a pair of scissors to help me but was still a bitch to do. I would recommend either buying actual razor blades or taking the blade out of a pencil sharpener like the post above recommends.

Reactions: dizzdesi
dizzdesi

dizzdesi

Oct 13, 2023
I have been cutting with small needles and glass (not the safest I know) and I finally got access to a decent razor that has blades (my family hid them previously) but I don't know how to remove the blades…could someone explain how to?
As the other users have said, breaking the plastic with something kinda heavy and/or cutting it out works (@leloyon said its a bitch to use the scissors though, and it's 100% true). I'd break the plastic from behind with a heavy glass candle lol, then attempt to "weed out" the individual blades with scissors. But be careful! If you hit it hard enough you can break tiny pieces off the razors, and they can be difficult to see. It's bad news if you get a shard of metal in your cuts (or have someone step on a tiny piece unknowingly).

leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
As the other users have said, breaking the plastic with something kinda heavy and/or cutting it out works (@leloyon said its a bitch to use the scissors though, and it's 100% true). I'd break the plastic from behind with a heavy glass candle lol, then attempt to "weed out" the individual blades with scissors. But be careful! If you hit it hard enough you can break tiny pieces off the razors, and they can be difficult to see. It's bad news if you get a shard of metal in your cuts (or have someone step on a tiny piece unknowingly).
Damn, that never happened to me, though the second time I did it the blades were bent.

A

Arcitect

Oct 22, 2023
Dumb idea # 3245345352: If the razor blade's housing is plastic can't you melt / burn it off? Idk if that would contaminate the blade. Maybe just heat the plastic until it becomes soft and malform it to get the bald out??

Terranova

Terranova

She/Her
Oct 12, 2023
idk if u can get access to them, and this might be stupid of me to say, but its alot better than what u seem to be doing, I use "Uline industrial razors ", they are very very sharp and its 100 for $10, i've never bought them from the website tho i just take them from my job, anyways hope this helps

Last edited:
Reactions: skies