P

pseudocidal

Oct 26, 2023
my main concern right now is that if i leave this world, my partner will follow right behind. i know it's selfish to stop them from doing something im doing, but i think suicide is inherently selfish anyways. i really do believe that it won't be longer than a month after me before they attempt too. i dont know what i can do to convince them to stay alive afterwards since i won't have any say in it after im gone. their family is not going to be helpful in any way and there's not many friends to watch after them to provide comfort. is my only option to keep them safe is to stay alive myself?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Mayfly, etherealspring and itsalittlecold
happynot

happynot

Jun 22, 2024
Well the thing is you have to choose...if you decide to end it you accept the fact that others might follow,if you don't you can still have your partner! Is it that bad to stay alive for them as well?

Reactions: CatLvr and itsalittlecold
P

pseudocidal

Oct 26, 2023
Well the thing is you have to choose...if you decide to end it you accept the fact that others might follow,if you don't you can still have your partner! Is it that bad to stay alive for them as well?
i stayed alive another 2 years because of them and even though i love them more than anything, it's so exhausting to keep going. it seems like with every year that passes im going to fall even deeper and with every year that passes im going to end up making the grieving process worse when it finally does happen

• Love
Reactions: Mayfly
Arahant

Arahant

Student
Jun 15, 2024
I know you are suffering and want a way out, but I also see you have some part of you that want to live and love.

Say that I had a genie in a bottle with infinite wishes with omnipotent power.

What wishes should I have come true for you both to live happily ever after?

Reactions: itsalittlecold
itsalittlecold

itsalittlecold

Guided by the void
Jun 7, 2024
aww damn! I understand your predicament, I just wanted to share- I don't think either choice is wrong. It's a catch 22 & it's finding the balance between self-love and self-torture :(

I do agree tho with what I've seen, there does seem to be a little part of you. I suppose that's the natural process of accepting right?

I just wanted you to know, I would feel stuck too in your situation.

Wishing you peace and comfort

U

Unspoken7612

Student
Jul 14, 2024
Once you die, especially through suicide, you forfeit the right to care about what happens afterwards.

If you want to support your partner then by far the best thing you can do is stay alive and support them that way.

The only other thing that maybe comes to mind is probably a terrible idea and I wouldn't advise it, but if you broke up with them then it might change things. This is extremely risky and might be worse!

Perhaps another option is to bring it up in conversation, without mentioning CTB. Does cancer or heart disease run in your family? If so, you could say something like "if I got cancer/had a heart attack and died, would you promise me you'd be strong and carry on?" Or if you do a dangerous job, or if you regularly drive, you could frame it like "if I had an accident at work/a car accident, would you please try and live a full and happy life?"

Reactions: Mayfly and prana
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
Why are you allowed to die but your partner isn't? Anyway, I hope you find peace from your suffering.