Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Ok so, I know exactly how I would do it. Full hanging, cotton rope, location I haven't completely worked out, but I have entertained possible places. I know I'd do it when most ppl are sleeping.

This is hypothetical. I currently have no intent to act. I don't have the means. I cannot get myself to buy the means, because I know I'd probably act if I did. That I have that level of control is huge.

So here's the worry I have. What if my lack of intent shifts to a genuine intent? That's what happened last time. I'm trying to do everything I can to not let it stoop to that level in the future. Any advice?

loneliness0

loneliness0

Oct 13, 2023
Recently mods added resources thread, you might want to check crisis plan and others -

• Informative
Reactions: Cloud Busting
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Remember you always have power over your actions and that you never have to do anything you don't have to do.

Have some kind of cool-down activity you can engage in if things get hot.

Of course there is always checking yourself into the psych hospital, but yeah, fuck that.

• Love
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Remember you always have power over your actions and that you never have to do anything you don't have to do.

Have some kind of cool-down activity you can engage in if things get hot.

Of course there is always checking yourself into the psych hospital, but yeah, fuck that.
I'm considering making one of those hope boxes with coping tools. That way, if I'm too stressed out to gather them, they will be all in one place. It feels cheesy, but I'm willing to try it.

Also been practicing urge surfing. Riding the wave until the urges decrease seems to help.

Lol the entire purpose of trying to prevent my thoughts from having a genuine intent is to avoid another attempt or psych ward visit. 🤣

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I'm considering making one of those hope boxes with coping tools. That way, if I'm too stressed out to gather them, they will be all in one place. It feels cheesy, but I'm willing to try it.

Also been practicing urge surfing. Riding the wave until the urges decrease seems to help.

Lol the entire purpose of trying to prevent my thoughts from having a genuine intent is to avoid another attempt or psych ward visit. 🤣
You could online DBT modules to see if there is anything of potential use there. "Riding the wave" is a metaphor used in it. I think you're capable of looking through it and gleaning what you can without doing the whole therapy kit and caboodle.

You can also use Crisisline if you just need someone to talk to in real-time. The quality can be hit-or-miss and it can take a while to connect with someone but if your first message mentions suicide you'll be bumped to the top of the queue. As long as you don't say you'll don't within 24 hours there is zero danger of having forced intervention unleashed on you.

Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
You could online DBT modules to see if there is anything of potential use there. "Riding the wave" is a metaphor used in it. I think you're capable of looking through it and gleaning what you can without doing the whole therapy kit and caboodle.
I've utilized dbt in the past, so I'm familiar with some practices. I've only used the riding the wave thing for self harm and substance abuse urges, or rages lol. seems to help with suicidal thoughts for me tho.

If I make a box printed off dbt posters will be included in a binder I think. I'm going to download an app too.
You can also use Crisisline if you just need someone to talk to in real-time. The quality can be hit-or-miss and it can take a while to connect with someone but if your first message mentions suicide you'll be bumped to the top of the queue. As long as you don't say you'll don't within 24 hours there is zero danger of having forced intervention unleashed on you.

I prefer the thrive text line. They don't call the police if you're suicidal. Only if they suspect abuse.

Thank you for your help!