11April

11April

11.04.2015 ❤️
Jan 9, 2023
Hi all. I suddenly realized that the problem preventing me from leaving is not methods or anything else, it is, first of all, the instinct of self-preservation. Are there any ways to defeat him? Perhaps some pills or psychological practices.
So far, the only thing I have come up with is to indulge myself in everything that can somehow make life easier, like alcohol pills or delicious food.
Who thinks what?

Sorry, Google Translate.

Reactions: libitina and Fire
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I believe that many people who had access to a reliable method managed to go through with ctb when they got desperate/determined enough to do so, they just knew that it was the right time. I do envy those who succeeded as it really is so unnecessarily difficult to cease existing on our own terms.

Reactions: libitina and Lookoutbelow
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
How to overcome the instinct of self-preservation (without the help of a physician) - there is nothing harder man have to do. The body is not created to kill itself. However, I believe that the bravest people with the worst pain do not need to ask this question. These people are in a state of fearlessness. Their pain is stronger than self-preservation. The bravest humans with the worst pain have already died by suicide and the cowards with less pain live on. Moreover, if we are in a situation of compulsion, where we must choose between suicide and worse options, suicide may become easier to carry out. For me, drugs have not worked, neither alcohol nor sleeping pills. I guess I am a coward. I have to change that! Self-preservation tries to force people to suffer for decades and die from old age. I think that the only solution is to remove the fear and replace it with courage. Fear is man´s greatest enemy. But anyone can do a brave act!

Reactions: lifewasawillowtv, Lookoutbelow, Stopmylife and 1 other person
11April

11April

11.04.2015 ❤️
Jan 9, 2023
The problem is that I understand that I will commit suicide in a certain number of years. One year, two years, five years, ten years...?
It is possible that I will never have enough courage, then I will live my life without happiness and meaning and die as an old man (if I don't have a heart attack first). Therefore, dying now is a rational decision. I agree to suffer if there is a reason. But there is no purpose for which this can be done. However, my subconscious refuses to acknowledge this. And therefore, a primitive, animal fear of self-preservation is activated, which does not take into account human socialization and problems with it. This is a conflict between two stages of human development. I think this is due to the fact that man evolved too quickly.
We need to fight this primal instinct.

Reactions: Lookoutbelow
huphup

huphup

Student
Dec 2, 2023
I'm struggling with this too and I think it is realizing that the instinct will always be there and never go away. There are ways to reduce it and "manage" it such as pills. I wonder if grounding would work too or something.

But just acknowledging that SI will be there and that you will never be 100% certain to go through with CTB.

Reactions: Lookoutbelow and 11April
11April

11April

11.04.2015 ❤️
Jan 9, 2023
SI is not real. It's a thing that we learn. We learn most things so it's possible to unlearn it. I wrote somewhere else on here https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...-act-like-suicide-is-easy.144833/post-2274449
It's not easy getting to a point where suicide is nice n easy but it's possible
I hope you are right. If you come up with any techniques, please share them. Perhaps there are medications that, after a certain period of use, will reduce fear? In other words, which will accelerate the neural changes that you wrote about.

Reactions: Lookoutbelow
IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
Hi all. I suddenly realized that the problem preventing me from leaving is not methods or anything else, it is, first of all, the instinct of self-preservation. Are there any ways to defeat him? Perhaps some pills or psychological practices.
So far, the only thing I have come up with is to indulge myself in everything that can somehow make life easier, like alcohol pills or delicious food.
Who thinks what?

Sorry, Google Translate.
Meditation, benzos, hitting rock bottom, physical pain. Best of luck.