darkhorse256

darkhorse256

Student
Mar 10, 2020
Hi everyone, I can't get ahold of SN in my country and can't hang myself because of PTSD. The only method left is jumping. Every time I co to the ledge, I end up hesitating. I know I don't want to live anymore but I don't have the courage to jump. I'm pretty sure it's SI. My bf told me I was afraid of death but I'm not. I just want to die and I can't even do that. I feel so useless. Would alcohol help reduce SI?

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens, sadworld and Deleted member 23374
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
If you're truly ready to ctb then yea, alcohol and benzos can help make you feel more relaxed and loopy and you're prone to make reckless decisions
But think about it more before you go there for the final time.

Reactions: darkhorse256, virginiawoolf86 and Deleted member 23374
Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
Alcohol and jumping not great mix unless from very high on hard surface. Drunks never tend to hurt themselves when they fall over as go floppy and even out impact.

Reactions: darkhorse256, virginiawoolf86 and sadworld
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Alcohol and jumping not great mix unless from very high on hard surface. Drunks never tend to hurt themselves when they fall over as go floppy and even out impact.
I actually wrote this soo many times hahaha thank you! :heart: Btw OP, I would recommed to check out the suicide wiki, there is some good information to jumping :hug:

Reactions: NodusTollens, darkhorse256 and Gromit-CTB
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Hi everyone, I can't get ahold of SN in my country and can't hang myself because of PTSD. The only method left is jumping. Every time I co to the ledge, I end up hesitating. I know I don't want to live anymore but I don't have the courage to jump. I'm pretty sure it's SI. My bf told me I was afraid of death but I'm not. I just want to die and I can't even do that. I feel so useless. Would alcohol help reduce SI?
Maybe jumping isn't really for you?
After all there are more than 3 methods to successfully ctb...you could also try drowning, different kinds of gas or different medications (for example). Maybe look into it some more.

Reactions: darkhorse256
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
when you are truly ready, your si will have gone away ( for the most part)

Reactions: darkhorse256, summers and Hyperbunny
M

Marauder

why keep existing when you´re no living?
Sep 9, 2020
That is the big question that concerns many.
The process with impressions must be automatic so that you no longer have to deal with it at ctb.
Because the easiest way to overcome SI is when you act impulsively when you are angry.
If you sit quietly and think about life that you lose with the ctb, think about your family and friends, then the SI gets bigger and bigger.
But if you think about everything bad that got you there, about the people who caused you pain, then you can build up anger. Anger at this life that you finally want to end.
The more bad things you imagine, the more anger you can build up if you just want to be gone and call up the automated process. Including deduction.

Reactions: NodusTollens and darkhorse256
darkhorse256

darkhorse256

Student
Mar 10, 2020
Maybe jumping isn't really for you?
After all there are more than 3 methods to successfully ctb...you could also try drowning, different kinds of gas or different medications (for example). Maybe look into it some more.

I was thinking of drowning since I can't swim. I can't access gas or medications because my family is nosy and they found my pills the last time. My country is a city state, though, and I'm not sure where I can go to drown myself. My apartment has a pool but there's a security camera overlooking the area so I can't drown myself there. I was thinking of going to an island nearby (within the territory of my country) and drowning in the ocean but idk if that's a good idea. I'm afraid that since the islands are internal tourist spots (the gov has been encouraging locals to partake in internal tourism since covid is more or less contained), someone will find me and save me.