ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'm incredibly slow at everything, or most things that I do. It's super infuriating. I try my best to do something as quickly as possible but I end up taking almost twice as long to do it relative to normal people. I don't know how to describe this slowness other than saying that this seems to be innate to me. It always has been.

Any tips or advice on how I can stop being so slow at everything?

Reactions: ColorlessTrees
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
There might be a medical reason, or you can embrace it. I have a lot of trauma and I'm pretty careful which I'm sure doesn't help.

Reactions: une vie grotesque and ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
There might be a medical reason, or you can embrace it. I have a lot of trauma and I'm pretty careful which I'm sure doesn't help.
it's unlikely for it to be caused by a medical reason but who knows. I think it's more plausible for it to be caused by a neurological reason rather than a medical one but I'm unsure. I wouldn't even say that I'm careful in my case. I genuinely believe that I try the best that I could

P

Photographer Fizzle

Nov 18, 2023
I can't see I know your situation, but I have a suggestion that might help.

If the problem is of time to complete tasks, then the problem has a solution that begins with giving yourself more time to get things done. At home, maybe that looks like committing an entire day off to one or two major chores. At work, that might look like communicating yout challenge and requesting more time to get the tasks done. Also, switching tasks midway might help as well.

I acknowledge that I don't know your socioeconomics or other details that could be relevant, so of course, feel ftee to dismiss the suggestion. Also, of course, there's the self esteem worry that comes with feeling "different." I hope my suggestion didnt come off as minimizing.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
I can't see I know your situation, but I have a suggestion that might help.

If the problem is of time to complete tasks, then the problem has a solution that begins with giving yourself more time to get things done. At home, maybe that looks like committing an entire day off to one or two major chores. At work, that might look like communicating yout challenge and requesting more time to get the tasks done. Also, switching tasks midway might help as well.
I'd say that my problem is having time to complete tasks. For example, I'm way behind in university work and I spent all day today (from 7am to now) and I'm still extremely behind. Keep in mind that this is just the first semester of the first year so I should be getting through this with relative ease but I'm not. I didn't even spend any time doing chores or anything, I focused on studying throughout and taking breaks in between. How can I get more time than that? Literally most students have to be managing doing chores and even a job on top of university work but I can't manage the latter on its own.

I was even meant to be getting a part time job to support myself but I'm struggling here.

And, no, my slowness isn't revolved around university itself. When it comes to basic tasks, I take longer than a normal person would. Even when it comes to watching a new game on youtube that came out which sort of interests me, I'd take ages to do that as well. This slowness is impacting my way of living and I'm far better off to kill myself.. before life kills me
I acknowledge that I don't know your socioeconomics or other details that could be relevant, so of course, feel ftee to dismiss the suggestion. Also, of course, there's the self esteem worry that comes with feeling "different." I hope my suggestion didnt come off as minimizing.
Hmm, I don't know if I should dismiss the suggestion entirely as it has some merit but I feel like I need more advice and suggestions to implement it with your suggestion

P

Photographer Fizzle

Nov 18, 2023
Let me think some more. My head is a mess again.
I want to offer some reassuring words and worthwhile actionable advice, but I'm not there at the moment.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
Let me think some more. My head is a mess again.
I want to offer some reassuring words and worthwhile actionable advice, but I'm not there at the moment.
That's fine. Thank you for wanting to help and I hope that you feel better soon

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
Do you have issues with your memory? Do you notice that sometimes you need an unusually long time for finding appropriate words to form a sentence that expresses your thought well? Do you easily forget some essential details of the recent conversation when you need to remember these details?

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
Do you have issues with your memory? Do you notice that sometimes you need an unusually long time for finding appropriate words to form a sentence that expresses your thought well? Do you easily forget some essential details of the recent conversation when you need to remember these details?
No to the first question. Yes to the other two questions

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
The second and the third question are related to particular memory issues which can be caused by different factors like

poor nutrition that may lead to a lack of B vitamins,
a lack of physical activity,
ectomorphic body type and hypotension,
chronical intoxication,
thyroid dysfunctions,
bad sleep, sleep apnea,
depression.

Do you think that some of these conditions may relate to you?

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
The second and the third question are related to particular memory issues which can be caused by different factors like

poor nutrition that may lead to a lack of B vitamins,
a lack of physical activity,
ectomorphic body type and hypotension,
chronical intoxication,
thyroid dysfunctions,
bad sleep, sleep apnea,
depression.

Do you think that some of these conditions may relate to you?
The second and the last one relate to me. Though I don't think I suffer from memory issues but rather from simply being slow.. too slow to function as a human

PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

Mar 20, 2022
I use caffeine at work to speed the f up but i wouldn't recommend it in high dosis lmao. It made me feel functional at least

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
I use caffeine at work to speed the f up but i wouldn't recommend it in high dosis lmao. It made me feel functional at least
Is this what the world has come to.. using caffeine to speed up and be active with work/studying? Because I'm noticing a lot of people use this. It's depressing that it has come to this but I may have to rely on it too