• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

StolenLife

StolenLife

-
Sep 19, 2022
Hello,
I am a new member and my method will most likely involve jumping from a high bridge nearby into the ocean below. Since I've heard that jumping in the ocean from height is similar to jumping on concrete pavement, I've been wondering if I need to land on head specifically in order to quickly die without risking disability or vegetative state. The only problem is that I never learned how to jump in water from a higher position or a small cliff like a lot of people did when they were kids so a jump this big will certainly be a problem for me to get right. Another thing is that I am rather clumsy and I have no idea if I'd be able to position myself in the right way. I am sorry if this question had already been asked before, even though I've been a long time lurker I still have trouble with searching the forum sometimes so please excuse me.

• Hugs
Reactions: jodes2
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I think the height will be very relevant- the golden gate bridge is about 220 feet with a 99% success rate, since drowning is a backup plan, but I wouldn't try there, there are a lot of patrols there to prevent this- is the height at least 200 feet?

makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Dear bro or sis that is a iffy method to ctb. Perhaps you might want to read a little here.

StolenLife

StolenLife

-
Sep 19, 2022
Yes, 219 feet actually, if the converter I used to calculate feet from meters is right. Apparently there had been many successful suicides from there and no safety nets as far as I know.

Reactions: Someone123 and jodes2
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
That's a high percentage method to succeed then - probably 99%ish. If you want to be extra careful you may want to look on youtibe for golden gate bridge jump survivors to see why they may have survived, but most people here would take 99%. Peoiple say SI- Survival INstinct- can be a big factor that stops peopl from jumping, so you just want to be sure this method is right for you, since if you stand on the edge for a long time then you may end up getting involuntarily hospitalized.

StolenLife

StolenLife

-
Sep 19, 2022
Dear bro or sis that is a iffy method to ctb. Perhaps you might want to read a little here.

I know it's risky but I want to go as soon as possible while the classes in Uni haven't started yet. Also I fear that I would chicken out of methods like N like I once did as a dumb teenager while trying to overdose on some random cocktail of pills I found in the kitchen. I need to do something that makes sure that I can't get out once the process starts.
But thank you anyways for the kind advice.

Cryptonite

Cryptonite

In the state of shock of what happened
Apr 30, 2022
Hello,
I am a new member and my method will most likely involve jumping from a high bridge nearby into the ocean below. Since I've heard that jumping in the ocean from height is similar to jumping on concrete pavement, I've been wondering if I need to land on head specifically in order to quickly die without risking disability or vegetative state. The only problem is that I never learned how to jump in water from a higher position or a small cliff like a lot of people did when they were kids so a jump this big will certainly be a problem for me to get right. Another thing is that I am rather clumsy and I have no idea if I'd be able to position myself in the right way. I am sorry if this question had already been asked before, even though I've been a long time lurker I still have trouble with searching the forum sometimes so please excuse me.
I think that when you jump you'll be so overwhelmed that trying to land on your head won't be possible. Just make sure the place is high enough, an equivalent to a 10-story building is considered a minimum (95% reliability), but obviously, the higher, the better. Or you can go with SN or N, which is the most popular method. Jumping isn't a bad idea though, it is one of the better CTB methods, in my opinion. 50 % people in Hong Kong CTB by jumping.

Reactions: StolenLife
StolenLife

StolenLife

-
Sep 19, 2022
That's a high percentage method to succeed then - probably 99%ish. If you want to be extra careful you may want to look on youtibe for golden gate bridge jump survivors to see why they may have survived, but most people here would take 99%. Peoiple say SI- Survival INstinct- can be a big factor that stops peopl from jumping, so you just want to be sure this method is right for you, since if you stand on the edge for a long time then you may end up getting involuntarily hospitalized.
I know, it is precisely why I chose this method in order to minimize the effect of SI. But you are right, the amount of time while standing on the bridge is important too, I mustn't stay there for a long time. Do you think it's a good idea to consume alcohol or something that might numb the SI? I've been taking Zoloft/Sertraline for a while (which obviously doesn't work) and also I have never in my life been drunk so I might have lower tolerance for alcohol meaning that the drunken effects will kick in sooner, therefore lower fear of heights?

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I know, it is precisely why I chose this method in order to minimize the effect of SI. But you are right, the amount of time while standing on the bridge is important too, I mustn't stay there for a long time. Do you think it's a good idea to consume alcohol or something that might numb the SI? I've been taking Zoloft/Sertraline for a while (which obviously doesn't work) and also I have never in my life been drunk so I might have lower tolerance for alcohol meaning that the drunken effects will kick in sooner, therefore lower fear of heights?
That's a personal decision for what would work best for you, I couldn't really advise on that, since I have never been into drugs or alcohol. It may be worth it to consider- I am sure this is what I want to do- since you mention school you sound fairly young, and iwth a young age there can be more opportunities sometimes to turn things around. Did you possibly want to share your reasons for wanting to leave?

StolenLife

StolenLife

-
Sep 19, 2022
That's a personal decision for what would work best for you, I couldn't really advise on that, since I have never been into drugs or alcohol. It may be worth it to consider- I am sure this is what I want to do- since you mention school you sound fairly young, and iwth a young age there can be more opportunities sometimes to turn things around. Did you possibly want to share your reasons for wanting to leave?
My circumstances are rather specific, and I guess I still am considered quite young since I'm 22. Perhaps I'll share some more in another thread. But the things that happened to me ten years ago, altough unimportant and seemingly small, had a snowball effect on me and my mental health and set me out on this path. All I'm going to say is that by now I have exhausted every option to get better, and there is no one else that is coming to save me. I also simply can't live with the past and the fact that I allowed myself to rot in the room out of fear of certain people to the detriment of my mental health. But I guess that's off topic for this thread.
Anyways, I am grateful for your advice, and I will do some more research about this method just to be safe.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
My circumstances are rather specific, and I guess I still am considered quite young since I'm 22. Perhaps I'll share some more in another thread. But the things that happened to me ten years ago, altough unimportant and seemingly small, had a snowball effect on me and my mental health and set me out on this path. All I'm going to say is that by now I have exhausted every option to get better, and there is no one else that is coming to save me. I also simply can't live with the past and the fact that I allowed myself to rot in the room out of fear of certain people to the detriment of my mental health. But I guess that's off topic for this thread.
Anyways, I am grateful for your advice, and I will do some more research about this method just to be safe.
I do support choice, and in my fifties it's too late for me to fix everything now, but one thing I live with is that if I knew in my twenties what I know now my life would turn out well, so I sometimes try to help if people are considering this. But if they are set on finding peace I support that too. If you want to chat about things like this we can, but you would need to post more first- the easiest way to increase post count is in Offtopic- Forum Games- The counting Game or Keep a Word, Deloete a Word threads. I hope you can find peace somehow.

Last edited:
Reactions: StolenLife