• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ASp4E

ASp4E

May 23, 2024
Here are some of the considerations I've been wondering about:
  • Is hiding or obfuscating writing style viable, and how can one do so effectively? I've heard AI tools to correlate users based on messages have been developed, and I've seen some people here obfuscate the text they send, such as by removing or replacing letters. So it seems important. I wonder whether you'd need an AI to effectively mask it though, so that accidental habits don't remain? (By the way, I know someone in particular has mentioned in their status that there is more info available in their profile. So I do intend to check it out if/when I receive permissions to view people's profiles, unless that's not how it works and it's actually not a permission that's freely available.)
  • In a similar vein, is obfuscating your username, status, signature, and profile picture preferences worthwhile? (Perhaps there's more to mention I'm not aware of.)
  • I know how tying identities is a bad idea for opsec, so I assume it's best to avoid mentioning information that could be linked back to your other identities, including interests or health information. But I wonder whether the privacy risk of mentioning health information and living situation is outweighed by the benefit in CTB reliability earned from having more information to base decisions off of.
  • Also, I have taken precautions like system encryption, VPN/Tor/proxy use post-registration, only browsing this forum in the safest available environment from eavesdropping, and avoiding talking about this topic. (And now that I'm on this forum it should hopefully be easier to resist any urges to talk about it elsewhere.)
  • Perhaps it is good to also ask in another place where privacy is comparably important, and precautions more tried and tested, like a DN forum with regard to DNMs and similar activities?
  • I read through the privacy tips on https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/rules-and-faq.4/ and I remember reading another post a while back but can't remember the details. (I have tried using a search engine but couldn't find it.)
Since it's probably best to start making privacy precautions as early as possible, I'd like to clarify these things before talking too much on other topics. I likely will discuss CTB and advance in that direction personally later though, so I assume my threat actors possibly include law enforcement or agencies/businesses doing mass surveillance (figuring out your identity for involuntary hospitalisation, flagging your purchases for inspection, etc). And so that's why I'm looking into this topic, and any other advice useful to CTB safety and privacy in general would be equally appreciated.

I apologize if there is a similar post easily available by search, since I don't yet have access to the search feature and the 3 suggested threads based on title weren't what I was looking for.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: wCvML2, sserafim, avoid and 1 other person
avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
and I've seen some people here obfuscate the text they send, such as by removing or replacing letters. So it seems important.
Do you mean the below style of writing? I doesn't seem to be related to privacy or anonymity in all cases, but perhaps there are people here who choose such a style for anonymity. For example, Dot's profile's about-section explains that the cryptic writing (removing letters and using symbols) has to do with not wanting their inner voice to read back what they type (I think).

Yh if cld mke casul commnts tht wld b gr8 pls

Use a secure or disposable email provider.
Don't use your primary email address for this website. If you do then people who can link that email address to your person can find out whether you're registered on this forum by trying to log in even if they don't know your password.

Error message if the email address is not in use by any users:

Error message if there's a user on this forum that uses the email address:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Forveleth, DeIetedUser4739 and Esokabat
ASp4E

ASp4E

May 23, 2024
In reply to avoid,
You are right, Dot's style of writing is exactly what I was thinking of, and have seen some others using it. Apologies for misunderstanding their reason. I jumped to my conclusion because it does feel useful for privacy reasons, if someone were to only use this style on a few sites. Since it presumably changes an automated mass analysis of all users' writing styles being all that's needed to identify them, to a targeted attack against each such user, involving rewriting their messages until you get a match. Though perhaps AI has already developed enough to do the latter, so I could be wrong.

Thanks for the tip, I do indeed use a secure or disposable email provider so this attack shouldn't be a concern. Didn't know you could check email like that here though, since some sites don't make it clear which of the two options you're facing on failing to log in.

Reactions: Forveleth
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Why, do the birds, go on singing??
Mar 14, 2024
I personally am not too worried. Unless you think someone in your life will come here for their own reasons, and notice you or purposely search for you, you're fine. You're not persuading someone or goading them etc into ctb so there's no aiding. Just a morbid shared hobby.
They're not so much interested in the people here as they are the vendors and website as a whole. Even they know that another site will pop up should they be able to shut this one down, which they can't because it's protected under free speech. So, unless they change a law or can criminally say you aided, I think we're fine. They know legally their hands are really tied at this point.
Besides, in America, nothing changes until a worldwide scandal or something that rocks the nation happens. We get bombed by our own people, killed by our own police, sell guns to barely legal kids yet up the age of salt purchases (in a couple of states), let off people who defecate in our federal buildings, and vote for people willing to pardon killers, etc etc.
Ain't nothing happenin' imo. PPH has been around for years, and spelled out for people on various sites for over 20yrs; but because mental health has become a crisis epidemic (even before covid), and more people now than ever are killing themselves, they have to do something because of public pressure. Surprised they've done this much tbh. No need to get paranoid. Only "trouble" from being discovered here is if you ctb'd and your family/friends found this on your phone afterward.

Reactions: landslide2, 3/4Dead, Throwawayacc3 and 2 others
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

I was wrong
Sep 19, 2023
I don't want to dox myself, but the people who are close to me (other than my parents) know I've been suicidal and have mental health problems. If you want to dox me and give my mother a heart attack that's on you, but I really don't see how it would significantly damage me.

Reactions: thenamingofcats
T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
Yeah I mean, the strategies you've listed could definitely help keep you private but is there any reason the cops would come after you and not other people on here? There are people here that have outright talked about committing crimes including (recently) infanticide. And as far as I know nothing even happens to them. If you haven't committed a crime then trying to ID you is stalking and definitely harassment. We aren't doing anything wrong by sharing here.

Reactions: 3/4Dead
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I love all this James Bond stuff on here. Basically unless you're dealing SN or encouraging others to die, you're fine.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
I don't want to dox myself, but the people who are close to me (other than my parents) know I've been suicidal and have mental health problems. If you want to dox me and give my mother a heart attack that's on you, but I really don't see how it would significantly damage me.
Do you think I'm being careless?

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
I'm not understanding. Why would I think that?
Because I haven't slept and took lexapro (first time in months), diazepam, and a light muscle relaxer and couldnt discern whether you thought my carelessness concerning privacy was going to get you doxxed☺️

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

I was wrong
Sep 19, 2023
Because I haven't slept and took lexapro (first time in months), diazepam, and a light muscle relaxer and couldnt discern whether you thought my carelessness concerning privacy was going to get you doxxed☺️
man sounds like I gotta get me some of that cocktail

Reactions: landslide2
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
It's super small doses of everything. May not have mixed well with the naltrexone I use for ocd that I took much earlier with burprion. Also I didn't eat for 4days because I couldn't go to the store, so I've eaten a bunch too. I don't think this lexapro is going to be stay... I got talked into trying it but it has side effects.

Plus my home life, but I'm not sure anyone would believe me even if I elaborated😶 Plus that would be an outright dox of myself😆

pompompurin

pompompurin

girls like us are rotten to the core
Apr 27, 2023
I'm a little late to the party but I'll give you some advice.

Is hiding or obfuscating writing style viable, and how can one do so effectively? I've heard AI tools to correlate users based on messages have been developed, and I've seen some people here obfuscate the text they send, such as by removing or replacing letters. So it seems important. I wonder whether you'd need an AI to effectively mask it though, so that accidental habits don't remain? (By the way, I know someone in particular has mentioned in their status that there is more info available in their profile. So I do intend to check it out if/when I receive permissions to view people's profiles, unless that's not how it works and it's actually not a permission that's freely available.)
^ I don't see a reason to obfuscate your writing style, there is millions of other users with similar writing styles so I don't see how this would apply at all. I don't even think people at DNMs obfuscate their writing style, and they would if it was a major opsec concern.

In a similar vein, is obfuscating your username, status, signature, and profile picture preferences worthwhile? (Perhaps there's more to mention I'm not aware of.)
^ Having different aliases etc. is a good thing to do especially on forums like SaSu or on Dread and whatnot.

I know how tying identities is a bad idea for opsec, so I assume it's best to avoid mentioning information that could be linked back to your other identities, including interests or health information. But I wonder whether the privacy risk of mentioning health information and living situation is outweighed by the benefit in CTB reliability earned from having more information to base decisions off of.
^ To be honest it all comes down to you, I think I shared some of my interests or hobbies on SaSu and I don't think anyone cares enough to try to link it to one of millions of other people. When it comes to health information I'd say you can semi-safely share it here cuz again, we're not commiting any crimes here, there isn't any real risk associated with sharing this stuff. Just don't doxx yourself mate.

Also, I have taken precautions like system encryption, VPN/Tor/proxy use post-registration, only browsing this forum in the safest available environment from eavesdropping, and avoiding talking about this topic. (And now that I'm on this forum it should hopefully be easier to resist any urges to talk about it elsewhere.)
^ I don't know your situation but this seems a little overkill. Personally I don't use TOR for SaSu but if you want really good opsec I'd reccomend u use something like TailsOS or Whonix. Also if you really want to go overkill, don't use your own network to connect to TOR, use someone elses network. Like if you live on a hill for example, you can point an antenna at your neighbours house and probably catch their network(of course I don't say you should do it but hey it's a random thing I just thought of).

Perhaps it is good to also ask in another place where privacy is comparably important, and precautions more tried and tested, like a DN forum with regard to DNMs and similar activities?
Check the DNM Bible and maybe ask around on Dread.
so I assume my threat actors possibly include law enforcement or agencies/businesses doing mass surveillance

Okay that changes a lot, sorry I was just answering the stuff on the fly. But it all still applies. Get TailsOS on an external drive, or use whonix. Encrypt your hard drive. NEVER use your own network to connect to TOR. When I used to hang out on DN Forums I used Tails and public wifi that I knew was relatively safe to connect to TOR and I never connected the device to any other networks and or turned it on while I was home and or around my place of work/school. I'd say don't save your passwords anywhere else than an encrypted usb with an open source password manager of your choice. Only connect that usb to your pc when you're currently not connected to any networks. I'd say you can share medical stuff here to a point where it won't doxx you, you should really draw the line where you're comfortable. I guess thats it? If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Oh and if I remember something crucial I'll just reply to myself here. Stay safe out there o/

• Informative
Reactions: ASp4E and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
It's too late, ChatGPT already knows about you. In this digital age, there is no privacy. Here's what it had to say about me

"The user "sserafim" on Sanctioned-Suicide.net is an active member of the community who frequently engages in discussions about various topics related to mental health and suicide. Their profile shows they joined on September 13, 2023, and have made over 8,000 posts since then.

Some notable discussions involving "sserafim" include their thoughts on writing a suicide note and whether to name individuals who might have contributed to their decision (Sanctioned Suicide). They also shared insights on methods like hypothermia, expressing a preference for this method due to its perceived peacefulness and practicality (Sanctioned Suicide).

Additionally, "sserafim" engages in philosophical and practical discussions about intimacy and human needs, often sharing and reacting to the views of others in the community (Sanctioned Suicide).

For more detailed information, you can visit the Sanctioned-Suicide.net forum and search for their posts directly."

• Wow
Reactions: SelfKill and rozeske
N

noname27

May 21, 2024
It's too late, ChatGPT already knows about you. In this digital age, there is no privacy. Here's what it had to say about me

"The user "sserafim" on Sanctioned-Suicide.net is an active member of the community who frequently engages in discussions about various topics related to mental health and suicide. Their profile shows they joined on September 13, 2023, and have made over 8,000 posts since then.

Some notable discussions involving "sserafim" include their thoughts on writing a suicide note and whether to name individuals who might have contributed to their decision (Sanctioned Suicide). They also shared insights on methods like hypothermia, expressing a preference for this method due to its perceived peacefulness and practicality (Sanctioned Suicide).

Additionally, "sserafim" engages in philosophical and practical discussions about intimacy and human needs, often sharing and reacting to the views of others in the community (Sanctioned Suicide).

For more detailed information, you can visit the Sanctioned-Suicide.net forum and search for their posts directly."
Privacy on the internet has always been a meme. The internet due to its design will never be private.

You can still be anonymous if you only use TOR/I2P and stick to obscure forums/imageboards. Remember to always keep JavaScript off also. If you want to be really hardcore you can buy an old corebooted/librebooted Thinkpad and only use Qubes OS on it. But honestly, it's just not worth it in this day and age. I would love to have a future where people take such things seriously, but until then, you're just closing yourself off from people and making your life harder for no good reason. It is what is.

• Informative
Reactions: landslide2 and sserafim
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Here are some of the considerations I've been wondering about:
  • Is hiding or obfuscating writing style viable, and how can one do so effectively? I've heard AI tools to correlate users based on messages have been developed, and I've seen some people here obfuscate the text they send, such as by removing or replacing letters. So it seems important. I wonder whether you'd need an AI to effectively mask it though, so that accidental habits don't remain? (By the way, I know someone in particular has mentioned in their status that there is more info available in their profile. So I do intend to check it out if/when I receive permissions to view people's profiles, unless that's not how it works and it's actually not a permission that's freely available.)
  • In a similar vein, is obfuscating your username, status, signature, and profile picture preferences worthwhile? (Perhaps there's more to mention I'm not aware of.)
  • I know how tying identities is a bad idea for opsec, so I assume it's best to avoid mentioning information that could be linked back to your other identities, including interests or health information. But I wonder whether the privacy risk of mentioning health information and living situation is outweighed by the benefit in CTB reliability earned from having more information to base decisions off of.
  • Also, I have taken precautions like system encryption, VPN/Tor/proxy use post-registration, only browsing this forum in the safest available environment from eavesdropping, and avoiding talking about this topic. (And now that I'm on this forum it should hopefully be easier to resist any urges to talk about it elsewhere.)
  • Perhaps it is good to also ask in another place where privacy is comparably important, and precautions more tried and tested, like a DN forum with regard to DNMs and similar activities?
  • I read through the privacy tips on https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/rules-and-faq.4/ and I remember reading another post a while back but can't remember the details. (I have tried using a search engine but couldn't find it.)
Since it's probably best to start making privacy precautions as early as possible, I'd like to clarify these things before talking too much on other topics. I likely will discuss CTB and advance in that direction personally later though, so I assume my threat actors possibly include law enforcement or agencies/businesses doing mass surveillance (figuring out your identity for involuntary hospitalisation, flagging your purchases for inspection, etc). And so that's why I'm looking into this topic, and any other advice useful to CTB safety and privacy in general would be equally appreciated.

I apologize if there is a similar post easily available by search, since I don't yet have access to the search feature and the 3 suggested threads based on title weren't what I was looking for.
You can get very high levels of privacy and security anywhere, if you really need them, but the more you want the greater the effort involved. If your day job was, for example, spying for China, you would probably want the highest possible levels. But since all you are doing here is talking about suicide, you don't need that level of paranoia. Nobody is going to spend an enormous amount of time and effort trying to figure out who you are. Nobody cares that much. You're not that important.
Just avoiding mentioning personal details that could identify you, such as where you live, should be enough for most people. (Saying you live in "America" would probably be OK, but there is no need to say which state.) Don't mention what kind of work you do. Don't mention your other interests, especially if they are unusual.
Use a good VPN, or even Tor, if you are concerned about your ISP spying on you. However, use of Tor is more likely to attract attention.
You could leave a false trail to confuse any adversary. If you are 25 and live in Texas, you could say you are 30 and live in Canada, for example. (Just remember to be consistent if you do that.) That would be best combined with use of a VPN.
Use good anti-virus software, and keep it up to date. That makes it harder for people to spy on you via malware.
Use Linux in preference to any Microsoft OS, if you have the necessary skills. Microsoft spies on you. Linus itself doesn't (though some applications running under Linux might).
If there is any danger of anyone investigating you after obtaining physical access to your computer, there are many things you can do to counter that, including:
(1) Delete traces of your web browsing regularly. Clearing your browser history is a good start, but that doesn't overwrite any web pages that the browser might have stored on your computer. A determined adversary can still recover them. (It's isn't difficult for someone who has a good level of IT skills to do that - I have written simple software of that kind - but most people can't, so don't worry about family or friends doing it.) If you want to counter that risk, regularly run software that securely over-writes things. EastTec Eraser is good, but there are many others.
(2) If you know what you are doing, you can encrypt an entire disc partition, including the partition your browser lives on, so that even if anyone does obtain physical access to your computer they won't be able to see what you have been doing. VeraCrypt is your best option for that. However, it's technically moderately complicated to set it up, and of course it can be defeated if an adversary manages to put a keystroke logger on your machine and capture the decryption password. (If you use VeraCrypt make sure you download it only from a trusted source.)
(3) If you want a rather high level of paranoia, you could use the tails OS together with Tor, or you could boot to a volatile OS (such as Knoppix) provided you don't mount any partitions. Either of those should avoid leaving any traces of your activity on your machine.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ASp4E, Praestat_Mori, landslide2 and 2 others
landslide2

landslide2

May 6, 2024
Yeah, everything Linda said. And also don't forget the part about no one cares. America has the largest privatized prison populations (and detention centers) in the entire damn world. We incentivize criminalization. It's truly disgusting.

But involuntary hospitalization is another thing and as of yet, no money to be made in it and no virtue signaling to be had by higher ups and hucksters. Unless you're a minor, you have rights and it's not so easy to prove danger to oneself or to others. Even then it's really the latter. I would think it's just people around you that would be of most concern regarding privacy. But i'm all for shoring up our personal privacy for the sake of personal privacy. Quite sick of someone trying to sell me something every waking minute of the day. Also moving towards entirely linux soon.

Reactions: Linda