S

SomeDay!

Jun 4, 2023
Hi, I'm not sure if this is asked before. As I am suicidal and severely depressed, I was wondering if it's possible to live with being suicidal. How do you guys do this? Do you have any suggestions?

I also have chronically stress, which means I'm constantly in stress mode. Any tips on how to deal with this?

Thanks in advance!

• Hugs
Reactions: chloramine
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Suicidal ideation becomes more dangerous if one begins to see in it a solution that becomes increasingly attractive. If one begins to see it as a solution, one can begin to neglect some important aspects to their daily life. It has been said that the unattended life tends to worsen. This can accelerate things in a negative direction.

As far as stress management goes, there can be management techniques such as setting a small portion of your daily routine aside for small indulgences. This can help build a sense of control 9evewn if only for a time0 that can help stave off some of the stress.

Reactions: empty, SomeDay! and unrest
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I personally think the best option is to test medications like a guinea pig and hope you find the right one for you. You might have done that already....but some people do find the right medication as they test them or the right combination.

I read books and watch TV to distract me, and have used weed edibles. I find it pretty unbearable but TV helps a lot if you are distracted by it. I should also listen to music/podcasts when I walk around.At the moment, I walk down the street reading books to distract from my thoughts, but need to try if podcasts and music help.

Some people like computer games..

Reactions: SomeDay!
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Suicidal ideation becomes more dangerous if one begins to see in it a solution that becomes increasingly attractive.

This is particularly true when it comes to famous musicians who call it quits via CTB. It doesn't even have to ctb, but rather an extremely high risk lifestyle—many cases of living life on the edge with a drinking and drugging end in death, and after death one becomes immortalized, in some cases triggering copycat deaths by others. Jim Morrison comes to mind.

Reactions: SomeDay!
S

Sleepycat

Mar 31, 2023
I tried the medication and therapy for a while, for me it didn't work.
Finding my escapes helps sometimes, weed(in the right amounts when I can afford and don't need to pass drug tests) and games and books.
Exercise helps burn some of the energy if I can bother to get out of bed for anything other than work(when I have work).
But I tend to run from the outside things that make the inside things worse.

I have never been able to fully shake the suicide shadow, it's something I have long come to just accept as being part of my life no matter what I do.

blacktulip44

blacktulip44

lost and broken
Jun 5, 2023
the thing i found is finding a reason to live may not be enough. its an important step, of course, but that reason might end up not being strong enough, or disappearing after a while. finding healthier coping mechanisms is very helpful, like distracting yourself when things are bad, or finding things that make life just a bit less shit. taking long hot baths/showers, petting a cat/dog, watching and rewatching tv shows and movies you enjoy, reading or writing original stories or even fanfics to vent... these are all examples. everyone is different and you unfortunately have to find your own things.that doesnt mean your suicidal ideation will be over, mine for sure isnt, but it helps make life less shit.

Reactions: empty and chloramine